Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does anyone make suspension kits for accords?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does anyone make suspension kits for accords?

i'm not talking springs/struts, i'm talking everything else, preferably in one package (upper/lower control arms, sway bar bushings, tie rod ends, ball joints, etc.)

does anyone know where to get something like these?

thanks in advance!

TASauto.com, a pretty major sponsor of this site, has some awesome deals on suspension stuff. they only do accord stuff, and have it broken down to every body style and year range. they sell a bunch of OEM parts, aftermarket replacement and upgrade parts, and some of their own pieces. I've heard some awesome things about their front upper control arms that have an integrated camber kit

they have a few "kits" too, like their suspension restoration kit that includes both upper and lower control arms, and ball joints for both sides of the front suspension for less than $190.
    Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 01-17-2013, 12:09 PM.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by infamouscb9 View Post
      i'm not talking springs/struts, i'm talking everything else, preferably in one package (upper/lower control arms, sway bar bushings, tie rod ends, ball joints, etc.)

does anyone know where to get something like these?

thanks in advance!
      Got mine off of Ebay, had no problems and was dropped 2".
      If your on a budget this may be the way to go over TAS, TAS would be better qualty.

Comment

Whatever balljoints TAS sell you are junk

They wore out on a friends car in less than 20k

Comment

Im looking for same thing. Would like to rebuild my suspension/bushings. My cb9 has all kinds of clanks in suspension. Just think it would be best to get one big bushing kit if it is offered.

Advice from a cb pro would be greatly appreciated. What to or not to do.

Comment

Buy your suspension parts individually from Honda. Don't buy a kit. All a kit is going to do is cost more money than the individual parts, because you're paying for the convenience of getting it all at once. If it's cheaper, that means money was saved by the person assembling the kit by way of cheaper quality parts. Cheap suspension parts can be dangerous.

Perhaps someone will take the time to provide a comprehensive list of all necessary parts to do a full suspension refresh. All bushings, ball joints, etc... They could list all the Honda part numbers, so all you'd need to do is bring that list to your local Honda parts counter. In a few minutes' time, your Honda parts guy will hand you your "kit".

In fact, I'll give a free Silver membership to the first person that provides such a list.

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
            TASauto.com, a pretty major sponsor of this site, has some awesome deals on suspension stuff. they only do accord stuff, and have it broken down to every body style and year range. they sell a bunch of OEM parts, aftermarket replacement and upgrade parts, and some of their own pieces. I've heard some awesome things about their front upper control arms that have an integrated camber kit

they have a few "kits" too, like their suspension restoration kit that includes both upper and lower control arms, and ball joints for both sides of the front suspension for less than $190.
            TASauto can go fuck themselves. Their banner is only there because I haven't gone digging into the code to remove it. They offer cheap quality garbage for absurdly high prices, and they didn't hold up to their end of the deal we arranged. They don't sponsor a damn thing. (in fact, this site has no "sponsors". All advertising at this point is done to support the companies that support our platform, not this site.)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              Buy your suspension parts individually from Honda. Don't buy a kit. All a kit is going to do is cost more money than the individual parts, because you're paying for the convenience of getting it all at once. If it's cheaper, that means money was saved by the person assembling the kit by way of cheaper quality parts. Cheap suspension parts can be dangerous.

Perhaps someone will take the time to provide a comprehensive list of all necessary parts to do a full suspension refresh. All bushings, ball joints, etc... They could list all the Honda part numbers, so all you'd need to do is bring that list to your local Honda parts counter. In a few minutes' time, your Honda parts guy will hand you your "kit".

In fact, I'll give a free Silver membership to the first person that provides such a list.

TASauto can go fuck themselves. Their banner is only there because I haven't gone digging into the code to remove it. They offer cheap quality garbage for absurdly high prices, and they didn't hold up to their end of the deal we arranged. They don't sponsor a damn thing. (in fact, this site has no "sponsors". All advertising at this point is done to support the companies that support our platform, not this site.)
              oh, wow, I didnt realize that. i've ordered several things from them, but nothing critical.

I have some time today, I might just get that list started.

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry

Comment

update: just finished the front suspension list. with complete upper control arms, OEM from Majestic, the total is 484.94.

Comment

here is the front suspension. it's a picture just so i could get the table to show up. I'll make a google doc available when i get the full suspension done.

front susp by Jcareyphoto, on Flickr

if you didnt buy the upper arms, that only makes it $220 to replace every bit of rubber in the front end.
                  Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 01-19-2013, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
                    update: just finished the front suspension list. with complete upper control arms, OEM from Majestic, the total is 484.94.

Comment

Working...
                    X