No announcement yet.

Post PICS of your latest purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought a parts bike for a starter. Cheaper to do this than to buy one from a store.

Comment

Originally posted by ol blue View Post
      Bought a parts bike for a starter. Cheaper to do this than to buy one from a store.
      I'm dying to learn how to ride, once got about 10mins to practice and I did pretty good.

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
      When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

I really want to get into riding, too. My problem is that I could spend that money on my cars, so I'm not very motivated, lol.

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
        The Vette was quite clean, had a ton of service records and all the main issues either not present or repaired. It should be a fun driver. It came with a nice cat back and some audio already professionally done. I will probably just add in an iPod interface, upgrade the lighting and maybe change the polished thin spokes to the painted equivalents.
        The great thing about Corvettes (not likely in this case but in general) is that they're popular midlife crisis cars. Older owners usually means better maintenance and lower miles.
        Last edited by CyborgGT; 05-31-2016, 09:29 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
          The great thing about Corvettes (not likely in this case but in general) is that they're popular midlife crisis cars. Older owners usually means better maintenance and lower miles.
          Well...I've already had my 1/3 life crisis vehicle, I guess we'll call this the 36% one?

Comment

Originally posted by JaberCB7 View Post
            I'm dying to learn how to ride, once got about 10mins to practice and I did pretty good.
            Ex500's are abundant and get great gas mileage, it isn't terribly fast but I don't need fast as I would just get in trouble.

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
            I really want to get into riding, too. My problem is that I could spend that money on my cars, so I'm not very motivated, lol
            I thought the same way before I bought my bike but since riding it for around a year now I find myself looking for parts for the bike more than my cars.

Comment

Nothing extravagant, just a hello kitty flipping the bird sticker. The rearsets and ankle protector are currently getting powder coated semi gloss black.

Comment

Nice! Love that black and gold.

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

I got door panels for my dub finally, a ECT sensor, a BMW emblem to fix the shitty one on my e32, valve cover gasket for the Bimmer too.

I'm getting new bumpers and a latch cover panel thing for my XB too.

Comment

Picked these up from work.

Comment

Bringing it back to cds boys!

Needed it for work as I cant have an ipod and the radio is getting old and I have books full of cds.

off topic-

bassrock-----is that your bike in your sig? When I was thinking about getting a bike, that is the one I wanted. Love the color scheme. How do you like it?

Comment

Yeah it's mine. It's a cbr 600 f4i. It was red and silver until I got into an accident back in December. After that I put the repsol kit on it and painted the wheels and gas tank.

As far as how I like it, I don't think I'd be able to give it up hahahaha. I rode it once and was hooked, bought it two weeks later, and added a power commander and sprockets in January. I've thought about stepping up to a 1000cc, put im still pretty content with the 600.

Insurance and tag is super cheap yearly. Gas mileage is pretty good, was great until I did the sprockets haha. I've never had any reliability issue and parts are relatively cheap, maintenance wise anyway. Just have to watch out for those crazy car drivers.
                        Last edited by bassrock234; 06-04-2016, 02:09 PM.

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

Did you use one of those Chinese fairing companies that provide them pre-painted? I looked at those back in '07-'08 but read enough negative reviews that I held off. I've heard they have gotten much better in the past 5 years, though. I sold my bike recently, so no reason to get them now, but I was just wondering.
                          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

They did come painted from China. Around $350-$400 on eBay and a few weeks wait for them to get here. I read tons of reviews before buying and they were about 50/50 good and bad. The kit I got seems ok, fits pretty well. The clear coat over the graphics is a little thin though, and there's a small run on the tail.

Comment

TE's and fender flares for the truck. CR rear wing for the S2000.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::For Sale Thread::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

:::::::::::::::::: S2K::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::: CB7:::::::::::::::: Flickr

Comment

Jdm f22b paired with p39 ecu. Along with everything needed for a auto to 5 speed conversion. Also my second hobby is gun, fresh from my smith's shop with new barrel bushing, and spring end cap and flat trigger (no pics yet)

Here's the before

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
                                When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Working...
                                X