Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Crank no start, fuel, spark, air, timing, and compression tested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It could if an injector or 2 or 3 are gummed up. Did you replace the rotor and or cap on the new dizzy? If you sprayed starter fluid and it didn’t start or do anything then your having spark issues. How did you test for spark? Are you external or internal coil? If your external then that could be the issue since that is a different component outside the dizzy.
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

I replaced the entire dizzy, it’s a external coil pack. I have tested the everything with a test light. So I tested from the coil to the dizzy got spark and I also tested from the wires to all the plugs and had spark. That is the only testing that I have done for spark but I assumed it’s sufficient.

Comment

Are you getting an injector pulse??

Edit: That was already recommended, proceed.
        Last edited by sonikaccord; 12-21-2018, 05:08 PM.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

How about the external coil? Is that the original one?
          I had one go out on me & it would crank all day
          but no start.
          Keep Pushing..

Comment

I haven’t checked the injector pulse yet, I’ll have to do that when I have a extra set of hands. I’m not sure if it’s a stock coil pack but I checked the spark from that to the distributor and it was sparking so I don’t think it’s the spark.

Comment

Can’t you just take the plugs out, wires still connected, ground it to the block and start it and visually see the spark? Or did you do that and I misunderstood. That way we can rule out the spark issue altogether.

Comment

did you ever get this sorted out? If not, I would look at the ignition control module inside the distributor, even if its been replaced already with new distributor, if there was a big temperature difference inside to outside while the car was in the garage, that would be the reason for it starting all the sudden, hot temperatures can make the ICM fail like the main relays do, cold everthing works ok'ish, once warm it fails. The aftermarket distributors and electronics in them are starting to really cause issues beyond the normal stuff. find an original oki or nec ICM that's known good and i bet she fires right up. also any obd1 honda or acura distributor will run our F22a&b motors this includes the ICM, cant properly set timing though, example 94 integra b18b distributor works fine except setting distributor timing is impossible, I could write pages about all ive figured out with honda Dizzys. coil on plug conversion is the only way around it since OEM ICM's are obsolete.

Comment

Wanted to check in and see if this was a fuel issue or electrical. Any luck with the car?

Comment

It was the ignition coil pack, I was getting spark, however, it was weak. Once they test the voltage coming off they noticed it was low swapped in a new one and boom she fired right up...

Comment

Working...
                    X