This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by punkrockimport
    inside the trunk and under the backseat and under the carpet(basically to the core of the car)there is this tar stuff covering everything
    im sure if you scraped all of it off you'd end up hacking away lots of weight throughout the car.
    I read somewhere that dry ice helps take that tar stuff off very easily. So if someone wanted to try this route, use dry ice...
    1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - The new project
    1991 Honda Accord - Point A to point B car
    2006 Kawasaki Z1000 - The toy

Comment

Yeah, it's good for it. It's really not that hard to get off though. Just need something good to scrap it off with.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
        If you starve yourself for a week, depending on how fat you are....you could lose 100 lbs.
        A Puerto Rican racing team came into my work a while back. They had a midget with them. I was wondering if he was the driver I didn't ask though. That would be a nice weight savings!

BTW, those guys were running an 88 Celica at 7.5 in the 1/4

Comment

http://hometown.aol.com/conaire/index.html

'91ex coupe, modified.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP0JsF__KzA

@ConaireSmith on twitter

Comment

I will be picking up a set of corbeau racing seats next weekend most likely. I'll weigh them when they get here.

Comment

I don't know if they are all the same, but I believe some of the Corbreau seats weigh as little as 8 pounds. They also cost a crapload of money though.

Comment

Im getting ones that have an adjustable back, so I am sure that they are going to be a little more than 8 pounds, but definately less than 44. If ya think our seats weigh a lot... ever lifted a stock 8-way power seat, those gotta be at least 100 pounds a piece.

Comment

Does anyone know if the DMV weighs your car when you go in for inspection? I went recently and it displayed the weight of the car at about 2530.. I weigh 140lbs [yeah shut up] and it's confusing the hell out of me.

http://www.FLAccords.com

Comment

Originally posted by kentucky accord
                    http://hometown.aol.com/conaire/index.html

There's the guy I was looking for! Do you know what your car weighs? I know you have that thing lighter than anyone else I know of.

And FDAccord... I'm PTAC #5

Comment

isn't that kentucky accord's car?
                      BBB= Black Bumpered Beauty

MY MEMBERS RIDE PAGE

'98 Prelude (BB6) Type SH

Comment

Yup... that's why he posted the link

Comment

the way it sat in those ooooooold ass pics it had a "race weight" (driver included for those non-drag race guys) of 2330. i weight anywhere from 185-195 depending what season it is, LOL(thanksgiving, christmas, etc.).

so, as it sat, it was in the neighborhood of 2150. it is less than that now but im not for sure on an exact #. somewhere under 2,000lbs though i can guarantee that!
                          '91ex coupe, modified.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP0JsF__KzA

@ConaireSmith on twitter

Comment

Under 2000! Holy crap!

That makes a slightly lightened Civic look like a brick.

Comment

anyone know what happened to that thread about how 2point6 lightened his car?
                              i searched for it, and couldnt find it.
                              he explained how he removed all that tar from under his carpets, and undercoating and stuff.
                              and if i remember correctly, he got his car down to 2300 lbs with a full interior!
                              now that's what i want....a lighter car with a full, usable, comfortable interior.

anyone have more suggestions for weight savings without making your car look like crap?
                              CB7 + H22A4 + M2S4 + JDM P13

www.vancouveraccords.com

Comment

Well you will have to redo your whole interior, and I will tell you first hand it is a bitch. Just take off all the tar crap, and lay down some lighter, thinner carpet. If you don't mind your trunk looking like crap then strip all that stuff out too. Go ahead and put lighter seats in the inside. You can also take off the exhaust shielding and other shielding stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X