Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CB7T! How goes it? My yearly check in...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB7T! How goes it? My yearly check in...

Hello hello!

Yes.... seems that I check-in only about once a year nowadays, but I always enjoy seeing that the familiar red and black is still intact, as well as the emoticons from 2003, and that, for the most part, everything remains the same. Enthusiasm levels are still high, and the quarter-century-old Accords are still way ahead of their time (how did Honda manage this?)

It's nice, and thank you Deev, as always, for maintaining the vibes. Couldn't have asked for a more professional Admin.

I been thinkin'...

One of these days I'll have another CB7, and it'll undoubtedly be a white coupe, '92, begging to be dropped and swapped-- stock. Imagine that. Me finding an EX with those five spoke alloys, just sitting off to the side of grandma's front porch, rust free and 80k. Now I'm really dreaming right?

Anyhow, as always, one of the things I like to do when I stop by is update the community on my new projects. Sometimes it's film and sometimes they're other creative endeavors, like my current one, which happens to be a fiction novel called WELCOME TO THE ABYSS.

I won't babble on with synopses and what not, but I will say that it's an honest tale based on real life experiences, and something which I'm pleased to share with the world and CB7T. In short, the book falls somewhere between a travelogue and poetic journey of soul searching in tumultuous times. Partly a road story.

You can find out more at: www.abyssnovel.com or on the FB page www.facebook.com/nahajabyssnovel

As of March 3rd, it's also available for purchase on Amazon (paperback & eBook): www.amazon.com/dp/B00T54ZHUK

Any support is much appreciated!

In the meantime.... I'm off to make a tuna sandwich and get to work. Hope all is well with everyone - old and new school members alike. Keep the oil fresh, windshields clean, tires inflated.... but you already know all this, of course.

- Steve

Wow, you really have done quite a few different things since you moved on from the CB.

Thanks for stopping by every year to check up.

You should make Jarrett an offer on the white '93 EX coupe in his garage, he might get it back together for you
    *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
    ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
    ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
    "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
    Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
    The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
    Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Always good to see you around, Steve! We've slowed down a great deal on here, but we're still trying to keep things going. So far, so good!

I should have my copy of your book later this week. I'm looking forward to it!

Comment

Book sounds interesting. Amazon makes it too easy to order things, lol.
        Gary A.K.A. Carter
        [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

I ordered it. Wanted free shipping... so my girlfriend made me order laundry detergent and dishwasher pods... So yeah... my $12 book cost me $40!

Still excited.

Comment

Thanks for the foundation.
            The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              I ordered it. Wanted free shipping... so my girlfriend made me order laundry detergent and dishwasher pods... So yeah... my $12 book cost me $40!

Still excited.
              That's where Amazon prime comes in FTW.

I tell you what man, living in a place that only has Walmart and Radio Shack for the only places slinging electronics for 150 miles really drives you to pay for stuff like Amazon prime.
              Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

Amazon prime is so fucking worth it.

And :hi: steve.

Not much has really changed here except for the momentum and the age haha.

We are still chugging along.

Comment

You should make Jarrett an offer on the white '93 EX coupe in his garage, he might get it back together for you
                  Ha - I'll consider it. Doesn't *have to be* grandma-stock after all.

Wanted free shipping... so my girlfriend made me order laundry detergent and dishwasher pods..
                  Glad I could contribute, in a roundabout way, to your cleanliness, Deev. Thanks for ordering and hope you enjoy

Book sounds interesting. Amazon makes it too easy to order things, lol.
                  Amazon is great. I hesitated using them as a sales channel, but it's hard to beat their ... everything.

Thanks for the foundation.
                  Of course. Thank you

Not much has really changed here except for the momentum and the age haha. We are still chugging along.
                  Hey Ralphie Well, aging is a somewhat inevitable part of life, but chugging along is good!
                  Last edited by accordtunerx; 03-09-2015, 11:15 AM.

Comment

If you want to sell a book, Amazon is an unavoidable evil!

Where are you living now, Steve? I saw you were in Paris for a while (which was pretty awesome, by the way...)

Comment

Always good to hear from the founder. Glad you are doing well and I will be looking into ordering your book.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                      JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        Where are you living now, Steve? I saw you were in Paris for a while (which was pretty awesome, by the way...)
                        Currently bouncing back and forth between Europe and the east coast (Maryland / PA). My girlfriend lives in France, so we're both traveling quite a bit lately...

Always good to hear from the founder. Glad you are doing well and I will be looking into ordering your book.
                        Thank you, djcaz_aom! Appreciate that.

Comment

Good to see ATX is still around!
                          Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Got the book in the mail last night from Amazon. Looks nice, unfortunately I have not gotten an opportunity to dig in yet.
                            Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

Stupid Amazon is taking their sweet time with mine! The site still says "preparing for shipment".

Comment

Working...
                              X