Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the first time ever, I'm actually considering selling the Accord.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the first time ever, I'm actually considering selling the Accord.

I've owned my car for 14 years. I have never seriously considered parting with it... until now.

The car doesn't need a ton of work to be driveable. It looks decent as it is. I have pretty much everything I want for it either on the car, or in the basement.

However, I don't know if there's a place for it in my life right now. I'm going back to school in the Fall, and I'll be full time there for a year or more. As long as I'm doing school, I'll have to continue working my current job... which requires me to keep the Fit. Between the Fit and the CTS-V, my insurance is plenty high already (doesn't help that my record isn't the greatest anymore... regular NJ insurance rates are absurdly high when your record is clean!) I simply can't afford to insure 3 cars, and the CB7 is quite clearly the "third car".
    So right now, I'm left with a car that doesn't currently run, that will require both time and money to make road-worthy... only to be left sitting until I can afford to put it on the road again.

It might finally be time to part with it. I told myself not too long ago that I would get it running, drive it, see if I still loved it, and then make my decision... but that scenario is a long way off. I'm beginning to think that makes little sense.

Now, the biggest question is whether or not the car is worth fixing to sell it, or if I should just sell it as-is, and hope the next owner does what I've failed to do over the last 8 years.

Can't you just register it as non-operational and cut it from insurance?
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::For Sale Thread::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

:::::::::::::::::: S2K::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::: CB7:::::::::::::::: Flickr

Comment

Just kidding Deev.

Last edited by Tishock; 04-27-2015, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lummieCB7 View Post
        Can't you just register it as non-operational and cut it from insurance?
        Not an option here, unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          Not an option here, unfortunately.
          Really?

I haven't had tags on my car in like 2 years.

Also part of the reason I am trying to part with it.
          Gary A.K.A. Carter
          [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

I'll be fine if I put it in the driveway (tomorrow) and cover it. But still...

Comment

Deev,

You have recently talked about the state of the CTS-V, and, if I'm honest, you don't have a great many positive things to say about that car (some, to be sure, but not a lot). Why not sell that one and put away the funds for a time when you are able to work on the car you have wanted to get running for so many years? People on this forum have, over the years, almost begged to help you get it on the road again (i.e. the hydraulic pressure issue you had with the clutch years ago). I personally have a ton of support on here, but if people were almost throwing themselves at me because they want to see my car running again, I could not decline. I'm sure local members still want to see this thing on the road again, and are ready and willing to work with you.

I sincerely believe that you posted this because you know we will encourage you to keep it, and you do, to some degree, want to succeed at your original goal for your CB. If you were dead set on getting rid of it, then this thread would not have been created.

We are a strong force, you know that. Just consider what happened to Ant. He was dead set on parting out his finished product as the OP, but now, his decision is totally different.

I usually don't come off like this in my posts, so I apologize. A really rough day as a teacher can push you to speak your blunt mind, I suppose.
              *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
              ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
              ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
              "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
              Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
              The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
              Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Don`t do it. Almost everytime someone sells a CB on here that they built, had fun with ETC., they regret it. I`d hate you to be one of them.

Personally, I`d sell the CTS-V, and grab a Miata and keep the CB as a project. You said it yourself, the car`s been in your possession for 14 years now. Just cover it up and get to it when you can (spring just started BTW).

Grab a Miata for a little more than you planned on spending, say $6-7,000, and just enjoy it. If the CTS-V`s no longer yours, you can appreciate the fun the Miata will give you in the twistys, and the H22 CB as a sort of all around car. It doesn`t excel in everything, but it can surprise people all the time. We`ve seen what these cars can do over the years, and it's always fun and interesting. It`s like motivation to build the CB!
                Originally posted by deevergote.
                And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

Is the Caddy still down? If you've got two sedans sitting out of action, both needing money spent to get them drivable, then pick the one you'd enjoy more and sell the other to get it back on the road.

The last thing you need while paying for school is a redundant car, with the maintenance and insurance that goes with it. I would think dropping the Caddy would give you the biggest financial break during this time.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
                    Just consider what happened to Ant. He was dead set on parting out his finished product as the OP, but now, his decision is totally different.
                    How right he is. I myself have financial situations. I could easily sell the CB in pieces and get closer to my goal in closing in on a house... but I can't. I will find the means to make it work.

Create assets for yourself. This is a perfect one.

Please post the link to donate to this forum. To everyone that may not know; this site isn't free and I am guilty for contributing only once. I would love to help fund the car to get it running or help in any financial situation you may have.

Afterall, this site helped me build my car and without it, I would probably have a T-wing and altezzas on it. This site is priceless and I am glad you never got rid of it when someone offered to buy it from you. It has helped so many here!

Post the link and I will be more than happy to help you out.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

Thanks for the inspirational words, guys.

The Caddy is going strong. The ruptured brake line actually only cost me $105 to fix! I panicked for nothing! At the moment, it's my most reliable car. The Fit keeps blowing clutches (keeps dropping hub springs... I'm on my 4th clutch now.) and it's just getting too old and beat to be reliable. 385,000 miles will do that!

The CB is definitely a project at this point, and has been for a long time. The issue is that it's quite possibly more of a project than I want to tackle.
                      However, I talked things over with m girlfriend, and I think I'm going to "sell" the car to her. She'll put it in her name, and under her insurance. I'll pay whatever extra it ends up costing over her current rate. Then we can at least take it out occasionally and I can truly see how I feel about it.

Regardless of the car's fate, I have no intentions on giving up on this forum! I spent 12 solid years building friendships on here. I only spent about 6 years behind the wheel of my CB7... so honestly, my passion for this community far outweighs my passion for my car at this point. I used to say that my CB7 felt like home... but CB7tuner IS home.

Comment

Originally posted by jdm_inspired View Post
                        Please post the link to donate to this forum. To everyone that may not know; this site isn't free and I am guilty for contributing only once. I would love to help fund the car to get it running or help in any financial situation you may have.

Post the link and I will be more than happy to help you out.
                        I didn't find a "donation" link, but go to "Control Panel" and you have the option of purchasing several levels of premium membership or signing up for monthly support.

Deev, as already said, don't give up on it - you'll regret it! I even have trouble letting go of the ones I buy specifically to fix and sell.
                        90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                        08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

man, another post like this after enduring many other? maybe i should consider doing the same :/
                          <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Well I havent posted about this yet because I havent gotten the pictures to post with it... but after I sold my CB, a few weeks later it was stolen from the new owner. The thieves cut it up and replaced the emblems with Nissan ones. A couple days after that it was totaled really bad (I heard two of the tires were recovered 100+ yards from the wreck).

So if you sell it, that will happen and you will be sad like me.

Honestly though, if you do have to go that route (which I understand completely)... try and sell it to a member from the forum who will treat it as good if not better than it was treated before.

RIP my last two CB7s.
                            New rides:
                            '82 Volvo 245 drift project
                            '87 Volvo 244 daily
                            Born2DieApparel.com

Comment

Yeah, if I do sell it, I'll be sure to sell it to someone that will take care of it. I've gotten to know many people on here over the years, and I have no doubt that most of them would likely treat the car better than I have!

My neighbor asked me if I was interested in selling it the other day. He said his wife was interested in it. I laughed, and told him she'd hate it. Lowered, loud exhaust, solid engine mounts, no AC...

I sold my old hatchback to a CB7tuner that has brought it back to life, and is continuing to fix it up. I sat on that car for years without working on it, much as I have my CB7. I would've liked to fix that thing up, as I would the CB... but it may have a better future in the hands of someone with the time, space, and desire to work on it.

I dunno, though. With the issue of affording to get it on the road taken care of, it may be work hanging onto.

Comment

Working...
                              X