TheFunk : 1993 Accord DX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
    Nice score on the blades. I hope you don't slam when you do lower the CB; road trips won't be the same.
    Nah, I like the look but I'd never do it to my daily driver. F&f type 1s are the plan.

RIP my last two CB7s.
    New rides:
    '82 Volvo 245 drift project
    '87 Volvo 244 daily
    Born2DieApparel.com

Comment

I quit my job at the beginning of the year, no longer have the shop to use when I need a place to work on my car. Had a day doing nothing and a garage so I cleaned the hell out of it today. Bay mostly.

Thinking about starting on a mild wire tuck.

Tomorrow I have the garage all to myself again (house sitting)... Going to do an oil change, replace all the wiring for my subwoofer and amp, and maybe some tucking.
      Last edited by TheFunk; 01-22-2015, 05:27 AM.

RIP my last two CB7s.
      New rides:
      '87 Volvo 244 daily
      Born2DieApparel.com

Comment

bigger tires and a light bar would look good onthis CB. it'll fit your location perfectly lol
        FRIENDS
        DONT LET
        FRIENDS
        ROLL ON
        ROTA'S

Comment

Originally posted by mugencivic4dr View Post
          bigger tires and a light bar would look good onthis CB. it'll fit your location perfectly lol
          Never.
          I take pride in being one of the few 2 wheel drive cars on the road during the winter. Everyone up here is driving a Subaru or a big lifted truck covered in HIDs and lightbars.

I roll on all-terrain tires year round and as long as you don't drive like an idiot it gets around surprisingly well. I've been stuck plenty of times, in plenty of vehicles... but (knock on wood) not in the CB.

RIP my last two CB7s.
          New rides:
          '87 Volvo 244 daily
          Born2DieApparel.com

Comment

So today I wrapped the Volvo's corner lights with amber vinyl. I was so pleased with it and it was nice out so I decided to do mine.

They were tinted with Night Shades which I sanded off, then polished them back up so they were looking like new.

Very pleased with them.

Also re-dipped my grill as a recent wind storm chipped the paint.

Last time I tinted my corners amber they were on for about a month then I hit a guardrail and broke one. Havent had the patience to re-do until today.
            Glad I did.

RIP my last two CB7s.
            New rides:
            '87 Volvo 244 daily
            Born2DieApparel.com

Comment

Today, for my birthday, my girlfriend got me new rubber floor mats.
              Every time we're in an auto parts store I point them out and say how I like them but wouldn't spend the $40 for them.

These trashed old mats probably have a pound or two of glacial silt/dirt in them.
              Last edited by TheFunk; 04-01-2015, 01:19 PM.

RIP my last two CB7s.
              New rides:
              '87 Volvo 244 daily
              Born2DieApparel.com

Comment

Has been a wonderful ride...

Sold March 31, 2015

Well I updated my location. Today was my first day in Missoula, Montana. Moving from Wasilla, Alaska.
                (http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...01#post3229601)

Decided against driving the CB down as I needed the money from selling it to make everything possible.
                Ended up letting her go for $1900, less than asking price but I hadnt sold it by the day I was flying out (had people to sell it for me either way) and I told the guy I would take $1900 if he met me near the airport. So I got one final drive into Anchorage with it. Savored every second.

Had been looking at a CB3 in Missoula for a while before moving but today got an offer from a very nice person I met (this town is full of them!) to buy a black '91 Acura Legend for $700. Paint is fading and it has a cracked radiator but otherwise its tip top!

You may soon see a post in the "Other Automotive" section... but I would still have my eyes out for a CB3 or CB9 as a project while I DD the Legend.

You may also see my old car back on the forum soon as the person who bought it seemed fond of it and I informed him about the forum.

Last edited by TheFunk; 04-02-2015, 01:29 AM.

RIP my last two CB7s.
                New rides:
                '87 Volvo 244 daily
                Born2DieApparel.com

Comment

"Cracked radiators" are Legend owners' way of saying blown headgasket. Be very careful.
                  My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                    "Cracked radiators" are Legend owners' way of saying blown headgasket. Be very careful.
                    Yeah. Fortunately I had a week to study up on Legends.

Went to check it out today. Bought it.

'91 KA7. Auto trans but I can live with that in this.
                    Drives so nice.

It will likely be parked outside of my apartment for a month while I fix things up.
                    Will create a MRT for it later and add more pics, for now it needs a wash.
                    Last edited by TheFunk; 04-12-2015, 03:23 PM.

RIP my last two CB7s.
                    New rides:
                    '87 Volvo 244 daily
                    Born2DieApparel.com

Comment

End of the road...

Well my old Accord is no more... guess thats what I get for selling it.

Last Wednesday the car was stolen and Thursday it was totaled. Fortunately the asshole responsible was arrested.

This is the only picture the new owner got before the insurance company took it away. I guess it had the exhaust removed and the emblems were replaced with Nissan emblems. Two wheels were recovered 100+ yards from the wreck.
                      The owner would have liked to keep it for parts but he said they had to take it away because it was reported stolen... I fear that it will be crushed but dont really know how that works.

*sigh*

RIP my last two CB7s.
                      New rides:
                      '87 Volvo 244 daily
                      Born2DieApparel.com

Comment

I couldn't imagine...

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Working...
                        X