Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Anyone ever fixed leather door inserts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever fixed leather door inserts?

So the inserts on my door panels is peeling off

it feels like there is a metal piece inside that leather insert its hard near the top. If i try to push it back into place the top of the insert doesnt go into the groove that's there for the top of it it's slightly below it. Has anybody ever refitted these with spray adhesive and if you did, did it end up holding?

A few other things that are happening that I am curious how to fix:

Cigarette lighter wont stay in it's mounting hole. It always falls out. and a recent (as of this sunday) development the cup holder wont stay shut, I close it, it clicks, then about 5 seconds later it pops back out again. Any ideas?

Some of the leather inserts were just glued to the door panel (as yours appear to be), others were actually mounted to a piece of steel stamped to match the contour of the panel and trapped by the arm rest and had metal tabs that went through the door panel and were then bent over. I had some success with re-gluing the cloth on door panels but haven't tried the leather. If you try it, use the heaviest duty adhesive you can find.

For the lighter, disconnect the electric, then the inner part of the lighter threads into the outer part of the lighter to trap the black trim against the dash, then reconnect the electric. If you're careful and don't stick your finger all the way in (or use a rubber glove), you can do it without disconnecting the electric.

Only suggestion for the cup holder would be to take it out and make sure there isn't something caught in it that prevents it from latching.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Working...
    X