Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Rough idle even with new engine mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rough idle even with new engine mounts

I finally got fed up with my 91 LX shaking badly (enough to shake the whole car) when idling so I took it to Honda and they found the front engine mount was cracked and replaced it. All seemed well when I picked the car up but then later that day the car resumed shaking. Could it be something other than the mounts? Because it's also been idling low. In park and neutral: 500-600 rpm, in drive and reverse it goes between 200-400 rpm (it's an auto tranny). Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

edit: the shaking get's worse with the A/C on

Does the shaking go away while driving? Or is it shaking even than?

Comment

It goes away when driving. As long as the RPM's are up the shaking goes away

Comment

The front mount is not a load bearing mount. That wouldn't have been the cause for the shaking in the first place. Shame on Honda for that diagnosis... The other 3 mounts would be far more likely to be an issue. I'd check those, as the guys at your Honda dealership may not have been smart enough to do so.

The low idle may be part of it. Set the idle properly. Always start with what you KNOW to be wrong, and go from there.

Comment

Its most likely your rear mount. I bought a rather decent quality aftermarket mount here locally for my 90 EX 5spd put it in and the shaking was still there.

I put it off for a long time since it was a bitch to install and I ended up damaging my heater core, enough to where I actually had to completely take it out to find out that all I did was bend the inlet and outlet lines.

I finally got fed up with it shaking at idle and converted to an LX/DX 5spd rear mount and bracket. Car is smooth as butter now.

So if you have an EX 5spd, I would ditch that mount setup in favor of an LX/DX 5spd mount and bracket. No matter what I did, the shaking was there with that original mount.

member's ride thread
          93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
          99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
          91 Accord SE 176k
          97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

I have that shake on my car it shakes the weel alot... Ended up zip tie'ing it to the closed position and it feels okay but I'm going to replace it even though it's just over a year and 1/2 old ....

Originally posted by evil_demon_01
            Do it once, do it right.
            Saving a dollar is not worth risking a life.
            Missing My
            White -91 LX Sedan - leather converted
            Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Comment

Working...
            X