Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An Idea on led replacement of factory bulbs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An Idea on led replacement of factory bulbs.

OK so I realize that there are quite a few post covering this matter but I haven't seen anyone do it this way yet and wanted to share. I have started to replace every bulb including the gauge cluster with leds. As I was getting into it I start to really not be happy with the resistors all over the place. Heres my solution..

Basically taking the resistor and placing it inside the bulb sleeve. Works pretty well and retains about the same shape. As for the ones that do not have a sleeve this is what I've done.

I simply broke the circuit with a sharp blade and solder the resistor directly to the board.. I then bent it over so that it will fit in the housing. I think it loos much cleaning are I no longer have to worry about a resistor getting broken or coming loose with installing the switch. (Happen to me and is why I'm doing it this way.)

Tell me what you think.. Feed back is good.
    SuddenCb7 - 1992 Honda Accord EX Coupe

Stuffing it in the sleeve is a new idea to me. I'd like the method you did the brightness knob with if you had a surface mount resistor instead. But either way it seems to serve a functional purpose. Good job.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Thanks bro.. I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel here mayeb just make it more round. haha.. Luckily I've got nothing but time on this build. I will post more pictures if anyone would like to see some more.
      SuddenCb7 - 1992 Honda Accord EX Coupe

Comment

Working...
      X