Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Where to begin....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to begin....

ok first of all i drive a 90 Accord. The owner before me beat it to hard core.

Now im running into probluems.

First of all. Power steering pump is dead.

2nd Major tranny prob.s
    It willnt automaticly shift. If im in drive four. The car stays in 4th. So i shift it to first. But the tranny takes me to seconed. And i need to mainly shift it.

See what im thinking. I want to do the f22 swap. My bro found the engine, power sterring pump basicly every thing in the engine bay except a few things. I want to get it. Clean the engine and replace the rings if it's not all ready done. And put a bigger cam shaft in.

While doing the engine swap i want to swap it from a auto to a standard. Probluem is that i do not own a garage. I havea small 10 ft long by 12 feet wide about 5 ft tall. Witch is full of my parents useles crap and my motor cycle.

But I know people that will do engine swaps for like 300.

And i have about 1/2 the parts for the standard swap. Thanks to my brother.

See, I dont want to put a couple grand into it. If its going to keep breaking on me. But If i replace the engine and the tranny. I should be good. The tranny is mainly the only thing wrong. Engines still decent shape.

Plus when the weather breaks i would like to redo my interior. And oull up the carpet and such to see how the rest of the body is doing.

Any help, advice any thing would be super awsome!

i'm not sure exactly what kind of advice you are looking for here but be careful with that $300 swap. i've read some stories on here about how people got a cheap swap and that was exactly what they got. other than that i'd say treat her good and she'll do yht same to you
    1991 EX Coupe

Comment

I say just rebuild the engine and put forged internals in it, get a used good manual tranny for it. Do the conversion for the auto to manual. After all that toy with it and make it go fast!

Comment

Originally posted by BigSteve
        I say just rebuild the engine and put forged internals in it, get a used good manual tranny for it. Do the conversion for the auto to manual. After all that toy with it and make it go fast!
        I agree. Once that is done the rest is easy. Then the fun really begins.

Comment

Do some neutral drops!
          And get it on Camera!
          Your man for wiring solutions!
          CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
          CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

You don't need a garage to do a swap mine was done in my driveway, you don't even need an engine lift mine was done with to posts planted and a beam going across with a come-a-long to lift the engine and transaxle out. And I know people who just used a tree to remove/install engines.

Comment

you check the small thing 1st

why dont you try to change the shift solenoids and flush the tranny fluid before you go ripping everything out. your console cable could be binding or you tcu is crapping. it does happen. any error codes does your d4 or s light blink? just giving you some ideas before you condem the tranny.

Comment

Okay, Thanks guys. IT flashes some times a non stop blink with no patteren. And some other times. It will come on not blinking but kinda like theres a lose wire. Some where.

Witch is why i was going to pull the carpet when the snow and rain stp and the ground gets to dry up.

My one friend said i needed to swap my radiator if i swap the tranny? I've never heard of that.

Comment

Autos have tranny coolers built into the radiator
                  You could just plug the holes or use it to cool engine oil
                  Your man for wiring solutions!
                  CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
                  CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

Working...
                  X