Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

motor swap

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

motor swap

what is the best swap in an 93se for street and strip

Originally posted by 93 accord se View Post
    what is the best swap in an 93se for street and strip
    If you have the money, a K series would easily reach 300whp NA. Hasport makes a mount kit for it.

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

the h22 is what u should look into drops right in no motor mount kit needed.
      there is alot of great info this site has but it requires time and patience to read and search don't worry you'll find out what you need to know
      ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

can i use my f tranny on an h22

Comment

The motors you can get for your CB7 that drop right in are: (some might need some minor mod)
          -F20bx DOHC Vtec
          -F20a SI DOHC non-vtec
          -F20a SOHC non-Vtec
          -F22ax SOHC non-Vtec (stock from factory) the f22a6 is better.
          -JDM f22b DOCH non-vtec
          -JDM H22a DOHC Vtec
          -H22a1, 4, 7 DOCH Vtec
          -JDM H23a DOHC Vtec
          -H23a1 DOHC non-Vtec

With custom mods and motor mounts:
          -K20 DOHC Vtec
          -K24 DOHC Vtec

And RWD but it to expensive and pain in the ass:
          -F20c DOHC Vtec
          -F22c1 DOHC Vtec

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=8873

Comment

can i use my f tranny on an h22
              yes you can but u would want the h tranny to bring out the full potential
              ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

is it worth switchin to 5speed

Comment

is it worth switchin to 5speed
                  Yes, better gas milage and a little more HP and of course 5 gears instead of 4.

Comment

everyone goes for the h22. simply the same with v-tec correct?
                    can u simply swap the head. for cams?
                    or is there a bottom end that can be used and more powerful keeping the top.
                    i dont see the point unless you have blown the engine.
                    does the stock engine have v-tec?
                    i thought it would be better single cam if boosting and lots of power....
                    h22 has an additional 50hp?
                    just want clarification.

Comment

VTEC, not v-tec.

Switching the head will not give much of a gain. The bottom end is important as well. The compression is higher, the stroke is shoter, and the materials are different.

The F22A (stock Accord engine) does not have VTEC. I suggest you Google VTEC and read about how it works. It's good to know.

The number of cams really doesn't matter in power production. It makes adjusting cam timing easier, but other than that, the SOHC valvetrain has less mass, and better packaging.

The H22 makes anywhere from 190hp to 220hp, depending on the version. The F22A makes 125hp to 140hp.

Comment

intresting. yeah i'v been out of the cb7 loop for a lil bit.
                        did know lots..
                        how do you go in america with engine swaps.
                        here engineering certificates are required.
                        and can cost a lot if no1 has previously done it. or payed for the extensive testing.

Comment

motor swaps are so easy in america well if diff in diff states were i live at u just swap and u dont have to tell the governmen anything but in cailfo u have to swap in a motor the is a later year than your car so it all matter what part u live in

h22a4+p2u5 trans+8000rpm= 135mph in 4 gear

Comment

Jdm H22 Doesnt Bolt Into My 1992 Honda Accord

thank u guess in advance ...... i have a 1992 lx honda accord, and i brought a jdm h22a complete swap ,and they say the jdm h22 will bolt right in but mines doesnt ..the tranny mount is to long and it is throwing the engine off it news to go up and over to the right i cant get the driverside mount in nor the tranny mount.. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT I NEED TO DO A

Comment

you need trans mount, or drill and tap
                              wat?

Comment

Working...
                              X