2005 Toyota Celica GT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clean_4th gen View Post
    Sorry about your dad dude, what part of P.R. are you guys from?

The Celica doesnt look bad IMO, just loose the kit and you're good to go.
    Thanks, We are from Barceloneta, PR
    My uncle was Sixto Escobar (Boxer)

I don't like the kit as well, it hits the floor to much.

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
    Wtf is that on ur hood in the last pic, bizarre looking.
    Not my hood its another car my father took a pic of it since that exactly how he wanted his to look. The wtf is on the hood part are wings for the hood. not my taste as well. he did buy them but never got to install it because they stole it from his house

Links to my rides :
    1992 Accord EX*
    1990 Accord EX
    1991 Accord SE (4th)
    1991 Accord SE (3rd)
    1991 Accord SE (2ND)
    1991 Accord SE

Comment

Originally posted by Hondateck2010 View Post
      Thanks, We are from Barceloneta, PR
      My uncle was Sixto Escobar (Boxer)

I don't like the kit as well, it hits the floor to much.
      Thats nice man, we're from Arecibo.
      1990 Accord EX

Comment

ok guys I had to go to PR to go ahead and ship the car myself since no one would do it out there for me.

Took a week off work and got tickets to get out there that cost me almost $500 round trip (no bad for short notice)

didn't do to much while I was out there since I was manily worried about shipping the car. found a company that shipps for $1585 and they sent me an email with everything I needed :

1. Copy of vehicle’s registration.

2. Copy of title or lien holder’s letter, if still paying for the vehicle

3. Copy of your driver’s license/ ID.

4. Certificate of No traffic violations (Original), valid for (5) calendar days (Department of motor vehicle) (Vehicle must be turned in within those 5 days or you will have to get a new one

5. Vehicle must be clean. Engine as well as the wheel wells and under inside bumpers must be pressure washed. (Original receipt needed)

6. No more than a ¼ tank of gas. (If gas level is higher, vehicle will not be accepted, USCG regulation).

7. Vehicle needs to have a Police Pre-Certification for exportation. (Original) Vehicle will not be accepted without this document. Inspections are performed weekly, on Monday’s and Wednesday’s. The vehicle must be available at least 48 hours prior to the inspection days. The engine of the vehicle needs to be clean for this inspection we strongly suggest to do this close to your appointment date.

8. Power of attorney if the owner is not going to turn in vehicle himself, along with photo identification

9. A $10.00 dollar receipt (original) from Colecturía

I never shipped a car in the USA so all of this is new to me. as you all know my father is not around to sign the title nor give me a power of atterney to ship the car. but I had a chance to act as if I was him since we both have the same first and last name but his middle name was used on all paer work which I did not have a middle name.

after doing all the requirements I took it to the dock and acted as if I was him and worked like a charm

The funny thing is that when i got there to give the booking # that the rep game me over the phone I could not find and they told me just to do it there since its the same thing. so I did and the shipping was $944.85 !!!!

Thas right a big diffrence in the $1585 the rep told me over the phone. when I asked why so low he said I was dealing with the middle man!. he said its common when people search online. this info is for others in case they are searching for shipping lol.

here is some shots while out there and some CB'S

IMG_0413 by NYC, on Flickr

IMG_0403 by NYC, on Flickr

IMG_0401 by NYC, on Flickr

IMG_0405 by NYC, on Flickr

IMG_0383 by NYC, on Flickr

IMG_0382 by NYC, on Flickr

IMG_0378 by NYC, on Flickr

IMG_0374 by NYC, on Flickr

IMG_0370 by NYC, on Flickr

IMG_0366 by NYC, on Flickr

IMG_0368 by NYC, on Flickr

IMG_0364 by NYC, on Flickr

IMG_0356 by NYC, on Flickr

IMG_0357 by NYC, on Flickr

IMG_0351 by NYC, on Flickr

IMG_0353 by NYC, on Flickr

IMG_0345 by NYC, on Flickr

IMG_0355 by NYC, on Flickr
        Last edited by Hondateck2010; 06-19-2011, 12:12 PM.

Links to my rides :
        1992 Accord EX*
        1990 Accord EX
        1991 Accord SE (4th)
        1991 Accord SE (3rd)
        1991 Accord SE (2ND)
        1991 Accord SE

Comment

dont let it get rustly in the NE now

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
          01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
          93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
          93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
            dont let it get rustly in the NE now
            If anything it would happen faster in PR than here since the beach is 2 min away from were the car was located. But yea I will still make sure that won't happen since my day clean the car almost everyday

Links to my rides :
            1992 Accord EX*
            1990 Accord EX
            1991 Accord SE (4th)
            1991 Accord SE (3rd)
            1991 Accord SE (2ND)
            1991 Accord SE

Comment

I just seen that the GTS model has semi Auto, question is can this be swap on to a non GTS? anyone one know about celicas?

Links to my rides :
              1992 Accord EX*
              1990 Accord EX
              1991 Accord SE (4th)
              1991 Accord SE (3rd)
              1991 Accord SE (2ND)
              1991 Accord SE

Comment

Ok now ive imported cars from and to P.R. talk with Rosa Del Monte (google it for the number) they will walk you threw all the steps, they charged me $1,200 for a 2003 mitsubishi galant to orlando FL, $900 when i shipped it to P.R.... depending on the weight, year, and rules they have changed since 2009 when i did it...
                you have to make sure every body panel is from the car.. i mean the same vin #'s on fenders, doors, windows, hood, trunk, if not then you need to go to one of them lawyers for them to certify that the part is not stolen and depending on the lawyer that will be $25-$100... also you need to take the car to a real good car wash... they have to wash the car really good inside and out... the have to clean the under carriage and the engine bay really good... that will range from $50-$150...
                you have to show all these reciepts so take copies... U.S. customs does not want any contaminants from Puerto rico and it will take 4-8 weeks to be shipped by boat...so be patient... dont harrass them they will keep your car longer... thats US customs for you!!!...
                just make sure you find a family member over there that knows theyre way around and have them take you to the places you need to go... you have to be there in order to get it shipped or they wont do anything for you...
                oh and it has to be registered and insured in puerto rico... which i think is the cheapest in the world to have insurance in P.R... any way happy shipping buddy
                OLD

Comment

Originally posted by manny_turbo View Post
                  Ok now ive imported cars from and to P.R. talk with Rosa Del Monte (google it for the number) they will walk you threw all the steps, they charged me $1,200 for a 2003 mitsubishi galant to orlando FL, $900 when i shipped it to P.R.... depending on the weight, year, and rules they have changed since 2009 when i did it...
                  you have to make sure every body panel is from the car.. i mean the same vin #'s on fenders, doors, windows, hood, trunk, if not then you need to go to one of them lawyers for them to certify that the part is not stolen and depending on the lawyer that will be $25-$100... also you need to take the car to a real good car wash... they have to wash the car really good inside and out... the have to clean the under carriage and the engine bay really good... that will range from $50-$150...
                  you have to show all these reciepts so take copies... U.S. customs does not want any contaminants from Puerto rico and it will take 4-8 weeks to be shipped by boat...so be patient... dont harrass them they will keep your car longer... thats US customs for you!!!...
                  just make sure you find a family member over there that knows theyre way around and have them take you to the places you need to go... you have to be there in order to get it shipped or they wont do anything for you...
                  oh and it has to be registered and insured in puerto rico... which i think is the cheapest in the world to have insurance in P.R... any way happy shipping buddy

Thanks for the info

yes you are right it has to be inspected and vins on doors and other parts have to match (they found that the left side fender was not original but passed)

I took the car to get it washed but not under the car as they stated (I hope I don't have an issue at the port to pick up) just the engine and outside was done. it was done for $40

the car was shipped on June - 16 and gets to NJ on the 23 (7 days) and cost me $944 from PR to NJ not bad IMO.

if the wash I did is not what they were looking for im sure it wont cost much to do there ( Ihope) but my guess its ok since im sure they would have stopped it from being shipped in the first place ( it sailed already and tracking included)

Here is the website for those who need it :

http://www.crowley.com/What-We-Do/Sh...FcPd4AodJCHROw

Links to my rides :
                  1992 Accord EX*
                  1990 Accord EX
                  1991 Accord SE (4th)
                  1991 Accord SE (3rd)
                  1991 Accord SE (2ND)
                  1991 Accord SE

Comment

Glad to hear that man, post pics when you get it.
                    1990 Accord EX

Comment

She is Finally Here !

Got up early to go to NJ to pick up, Took almost 2 hours to get there and back but was worth it. got home and already took out the stock radio and added a double din. have alot of plans for her. more pictures later on but here is a few :

Before:

After:

Last edited by Hondateck2010; 06-24-2011, 07:13 PM.

Links to my rides :
                      1992 Accord EX*
                      1990 Accord EX
                      1991 Accord SE (4th)
                      1991 Accord SE (3rd)
                      1991 Accord SE (2ND)
                      1991 Accord SE

Comment

That's very impressive. I'm sorry about your father, but I'm sure he'd be glad you did all the work to take care of his car. Do you know if he had any ultimate goal in mind when he started it?
                        Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

Glad to see you already have it.
                          1990 Accord EX

Comment

Originally posted by WilliamW View Post
                            That's very impressive. I'm sorry about your father, but I'm sure he'd be glad you did all the work to take care of his car. Do you know if he had any ultimate goal in mind when he started it?
                            Thanks

yea there is a few things he wanted and I already ordered the wings for the hood (not to happy but im sure i will like it)
                            He also wanted the TRD kit like the picture below :

IMG_0294 by Comptiateck, on Flickr

Originally posted by Clean_4th gen View Post
                            Glad to see you already have it.
                            Thanks, super exited to get things going

already got pulled over since I am driving with PR plates but everything was good since it insured and they didn't even know this was legal till they stopped me lol

Links to my rides :
                            1992 Accord EX*
                            1990 Accord EX
                            1991 Accord SE (4th)
                            1991 Accord SE (3rd)
                            1991 Accord SE (2ND)
                            1991 Accord SE

Comment

car looks good bro btw sorry to hear about ur lost i miss those days in pr

Comment

Working...
                              X