Links to other rides:
    Honda Accord Euro-R
    Honda Odyssey Absolute
    Honda City I-DSi
    Honda Stream

Comment

nice find, was planning on picking up a bushings and a sway bar
      Originally posted by deevergote
      ..It's not cheap to build a fast CB7, especially NA. However, if you're willing to put the money into the car, it's well worth it in the end. There ARE faster cars out there, but some people, like me, want THIS particular car to be fast!...
      Sold to:tanNn2koo,9tAkord,ThrakBarts,nahmo,andrizzle,or anger
      Bought from:93a-lude, bruno8747, soysauce

1993 H22A cb7 <3 miss you
      04 WRX stg 2 sedan
      Current - 02 WRX stg 2 wagon

Comment

awesome thank you! I remember the surprise when finding this in Chapters, I read it in store because I was too cheap to buy the book.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
        "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
        "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by lokuputha
          Hey!...whats wrong with 90-91's....they don't look that old either...if u take care of the rust problem

They used 215/40-R17 Continental Sport Contact, b/c the 215/45-R17 wouldn't clear the fenders with the wide wheels and offset.

Can anyone compare the ride and quality difference between Tokico Illumina's and Koni Yellow's?
          i like my 90 but for some reason 92-93's look different in terms of front end.
          i mean...all they changed was the front number, headlight and grill...*shrugs*
          but it looks fucking sexy and i want it.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Now I'm sad, yet hopeful.
            I really want to get a 9293 EX in great stock shape, then just do suspension and new audio. My LX needs more body work than I can handle :P
            Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
              I wonder what size tires they went with... those look like 205/40s

And the Accord is a very fun car, even stock. I remember a few incidents on the stock suspension where I either entered a four wheel drift under braking or got a little off-throttle kickout... good times. With a modded suspension though I'd rather have it be neutral with a little understeer as having the back snap on 300# springs is a recipe for disaster.
              Yeah...my setup isn't too bad. But I'd really like to get the back end under control. Had it come out once on an on ramp in light rain, and can feel it flutter sometimes on ramps, not even pushing it. Far as I understand, adding an appropriate rear sway bar will counteract that.

Great info though
              Last edited by Otto; 03-05-2007, 01:24 PM.
              Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

otto.... what suspension upgrade do you have .... ? thats seems scary as shit and i dont want the same set up you hve ...JK

Comment

Originally posted by Otto
                  Yeah...my setup isn't too bad. But I'd really like to get the back end under control. Had it come out once on an on ramp in light rain, and can feel it flutter sometimes on ramps, not even pushing it. Far as I understand, adding an appropriate rear sway bar will counteract that.

Great info though
                  i had the opposite happen to me.

actually both times were when it was dry and i had good tires one of those times and the stock ex sway bar.

it was probably the AGX's set too high and too high of tire pressure And i like to dive into corners too fast.
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

tires make a hell of a difference....

most likely if the car is slipping at low speeds it ur tires...

go with some gummy Potenza's and u'll love it....

my G009's are great...relatively quiet, very sticky...and no matter what I do...I can't get them to squeal
                    DEVOTE

Comment

Originally posted by Otto

Great info though
                      What kind of setup do you have? If you want more rear end stability you DON'T want a stiffer rear sway bar. If you have adjustible shocks, make the shocks in the back softer. The softer the rear end is, the less oversteer you will get.

People don't realize oversteer is a BAD thing. Plus, our cars are slow enough that even at 9/10ths you really shouldn't be slipping and sliding all over the place anyway. With my old setup, on shitty ass Kuhmos I can't remember ever even breaking traction.

Originally posted by lordoja
                      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

1) the tire rubbing with 215/45-17 must have been an offset issue. I have been running them on my wheels for several years now, and with almost the exact same drop, I haven't rubbed once.

2) The CB7 was very capable in terms of easy to drive at the limit stock, but the ulimate grip threshold wasn't that impressive.

3) People often neglect the importance of suspension design vs. drive layout.

I.E. a rear drive car with crappy suspension design will not necessarily outhandle a FWD with superb suspension design just because it is RWD.

Pony/Muscle cars a good example of this. Live axles are great for the dragstrip, but they have many limitations on a road course. They can be fast, but they require a lot of time and effort for setup, and design.

PS The 90-91 doesn't look that old either, because people mistake my car for a 2000 or so all the time.

IMO the 90-91 STILL looks better because it looks lower and wider as an effect of the different tailight design, and the front bumper is more agressive with the wider opening.

Whereas something like the CB responds the way it does, because the design is there, but they didn't choose the most performance oriented shocks, springs, ride height etc.

The Accord is a family car, not a handling machine, but Honda still wanted it to be fun to drive, and it is.

Luckily, the suspension design means that if you pump up the handling hardware, you will see a HUGE increase in handling, just because the basics are there.

Inducing rear end steer under ANY circumstances is pretty laudable for a FWD family car.

4) Those with oversteer problems may want to check things like bushings etc, because the handling should not be creepy. The tail may come out a bit, but it shouldn't be uncontrollable or anything near it.

5) I do agree with Glory in that Neutral with slight understeer . The neutral makes you fast, the slight understeer helps keep you safe.

Plus, with something like an LSD tranny, that is a perfect combo because underpower, you can actually get the nose to tuck a bit, just like a properly setup RWD.
                        Last edited by owequitit; 03-05-2007, 03:47 PM.
                        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

so softer struts will compensate for a thinner sway bar ?
                          Or would a thicker bar with softer rear struts be omptimal ?

Comment

Originally posted by 10thcb7
                            so softer struts will compensate for a thinner sway bar ?
                            Or would a thicker bar with softer rear struts be omptimal ?
                            Optimal for what? It depends on what you want out of your suspension.

Generally speaking you want everything stiff or everything soft. Mixing and matching stiffnesses is risky business.

Originally posted by lordoja
                            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                              Optimal for what? It depends on what you want out of your suspension.

Generally speaking you want everything stiff or everything soft. Mixing and matching stiffnesses is risky business.
                              Yeah it is. I put my AGX'es on the soft settings for a while with my Neuspeed race springs and it made handling a little hairy.
                              Gary A.K.A. Carter
                              [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

My suspension is all stock except for Omni-Power streets and replaced front swaybar link bushings. Well, its not so bad, and I have decent rubber up front (not MS rated 205s on prelude 16" rims), but used all reasons on the rear, cause I didn't want to spend the cash at the moment. This spring I'll be replacing the rears with the same tires as up front when the snow tires/wheels go into storage. And to me the rear is a tad too stiff on the omnis. Front is fine. I have an LX, so there's no rear sway to begin with. It handles great, but it still feels a bit sluggish with sharp maneuvers at low speeds. Maybe its just the weight of the car? Also the Omnis don't go high enough in the back, and the stroke is shorter than I'd like in the back, too.
                                I'm really eager and interested to learn more about suspension in both daily driving and performance, especially relating to my car. So any info will be greatly appreciated.
                                I haven't done anything else besides maintenance because of the body work needed, and its kinda caused me to fall out of love with my CB. I'm managing surprising MPG and the interior is good, and everything else is great, but it looks like crap. I really want a 9293EX (I don't like the 9091s because of the auto seat belts) with a great body, and sell or maybe part the LX. I want ABS, sunroof, four wheel disk, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X