Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Potentail disasters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Potentail disasters

SO i have a question I have a 2nd block im not using and ive completely tore it down
    Will i be able to use Stock pistons with this setup. Does anyone see any flaws potential disasters or issues.
    Turbo Kit:
    Holset HX35 turbocharger
    obx turbo manifold
    Custom 2.5" aluminum charge pipes [hot and cold]
    Stealthmode Oil line kit
    Silicone couplers / T-bolt clamps
    Precision 600hp FMIC 31.5x8x3.
    hondata
    GReddy Type RS blow off valve
    Tial 44mm external wastegate

Engine
    F22A6
    Bisimoto CAM lvl 2
    Bisimoto Retainers and springs
    Bisimoto Valves
    block guard
    ARP Head studs
    New OEM bearings/rings
    OEM Honda headgasket
    port matching
    valve porting
    block will be heat tanked,

Tranny
    h22a 5spd transmission
    Competition Clutch Stage 4 clutch kit
    Competition Clutch 12lb Flywheel

interior

autometer oil pressure gauge
    apexi turbo timer----
    Roll cage
    stock seat
    G-Force 5pt SFI approved harness set

suspension

traction bar
    dc sportfront strut
    password jdm rear strut
    hasportmotor mount
    hasport axels------
    tein Coilovers----
    MSD 6Al ignition ---
    NGK 8 series spark plugs .020 gap---

Air Induction/Fuel:
    obx air intake-----
    ITB-------
    RC 750cc injectors
    Walbro 255lph fuel pump
    Spoolin' Performance oil catch tank
    Golden Eagle vacuum manifold
    Generic breather filter

COOLING:
    Custom mounted Aluminum Half-Size Del Sol dual-core radiator--------$65
    Fail Safe 180* thermostat
    One 12" slim electric fan
    Click to see ride.↓↓

KM's/condition of the block would help, are you rebuilding it with oem pistons and rods or using them as-is? it looks like a solid build, but the psi you decide to run and the tune you get will determine the life of your engine,

good luck !

re read it and, with your set up i would go with forged pistons and rods, everythings apart already so now would be the time instead of later, imo
    Last edited by DKRM; 04-12-2011, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Why even use a HX35 if you are gonna use stock pistons?

Comment

Way too much turbo for stock pistons
        Originally posted by wed3k
        im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747 View Post
          Why even use a HX35 if you are gonna use stock pistons?
          They can be had for super cheap, that may be the reason. but it will defiantly be a smart idea to run forged internals, that way you wont be worried every time you drive if your internals will shit the bed today

Comment

You do not want to turbo an engine running a performance N/A cam, overlap will kill your boost among many other things, you need a turbo cam.
            My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

well id either be running the 1.2 cam then or the 2.4 im aiming for above 300hp and 300tq i pretty much want to run 11's so if theres anything you see let me know i decided to scrap stock pistons im pretty m uch gonna run either bisi or something else pistons and bullet proof the block gonna be a big build so help would be appreciated
              Click to see ride.↓↓

Comment

any forged piston will handle 300hp. race eng has cheap wiseco's and id send them out for a ceramic coating.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

hx35 is fine on a stock motor. Just dont go overboard with boost levels.
                  spin city

Comment

Working...
                  X