No announcement yet.

CB7 Auto Gas Milage Numbers - Post Up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turns out I'm getting 22MPG! Not bad considering most of my driving is stop and go, and with WOT runs inbetween.
    I'm faster then a prius

Comment

22 aint bad at all actually.

What was strange was that the first few years I owned mine I was getting 22-23. I then started doing routine maintenance, cleaned out the intake system, EGR, all that. Started to get 24 regularly (all stock at that time too).
      Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

I just assume the car gets 20 to the gallon, it'll surprise me and usually putts around on E for a good while when I need it to so maybe 22 mpg. I'm waiting to get a new fuel filter, then I'll add some Marvel to my gas to clean her out a bit and see what happens.

A6, gutted OEM airbox, OEM header and downpipe, no cat straight piped to the rear wheel where it dumps, crankcase inlet vented to atmosphere, other stuff I think I'm forgetting. Heavy foot on the interstate.

Gonna throw her on a scale soon and see what she weighs with a full size spare and a carbon fiber hood.

Comment

Mpg is unchanged. 24mpg. Edited original post.

Comment

Originally posted by GTRON View Post
            I'm getting 300-330 miles a tank... I do drive mostly city, and I'm not a light-footed driver..

How much is a full tank though? 16 Gallons right?
            That's funny Gabe, I get 350-400 city/highway. I'm surprised you get less than I do.
            For Sale Thread CLICK HERE!

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

CB7Tuner Discord CLICK ME! -- http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...02#post3285402

Comment

Originally posted by BreckAConner View Post
              That's funny Gabe, I get 350-400 city/highway. I'm surprised you get less than I do.
              You do a lot more highway than I do though! I'm also on Summer tires
              I'm faster then a prius

Comment

I have a leaky air boost valve so once I plugged that up mpg went from 22 up to 24.6.

Stock engine with H23 IM and DC header to WS2 catback.

Comment

23.5 MPGs this last go round. Literally nothing but city driving.

Comment

Data from my highway trip this week. Took the DSM to Missouri then drove Accord to Iowa after which returned to Wyoming.

93 lx sedan, DC header, Magnaflow cat, Yonaka catback. Minimal cargo. A/C off.

Fill up #1
                    -
                    11.72 gallons. 87 Octane. No ethanol. 42*F. 1490' elevation.

Fill up #2
                    -
                    8.183 gallons. 231.1 miles. 28.24 mpg. 87 Octane. 10% ethanol. 40*F. 597' elevation.

Fill up #3
                    -
                    9.85 gallons. 265.30 miles. 26.83 mpg. 87 Octane. 15% ethanol. 45*F. 955' elevation.

Fill up #4
                    -
                    11.97 gallons. 313.2 miles. 26.16 mpg. 87 Octane. No ethanol. 39*F. 2152' elevation.

Fill up #5

12.17 gallons. 316.4 miles. 25.98 mpg. 85 Octane. No ethanol. 30*F. 6,062' elevation.

Fill up #6

10.96 gallons. 256.4 miles. 23.38 mpg. 85 Octane. No ethanol. 28*F. 6.388' elevation. *****note***** 40+mph wind gusts between Cheyenne and Rock Springs.

Speed and RPM for 50-60% of trip.

Last edited by H311RA151N; 12-16-2017, 07:42 PM.

Comment

I get about 24 mpg, about half and half city and highway driving.

That's including driving aggressively and flooring it multiple times (sometimes daily).

F22a1 with H23 Manifold (with spacer), OBX header, 2.5inch exhaust and 5 speed tranny.
                      I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Wow! Thanks Josh, that definitely gives a good spread of conditions, gas, etc..

Comment

so this thread is a bit old but I wanted to keep it going with recent numbers and expand on that.

My setup (for those that don't know) is a Euro R swap mated to the stock 5 speed manual transmission.

my commute to work is 30 miles exact and recently I have been averaging 28 mpg's. Most of the trip is highway miles (5 or so minutes of city driving at both ends of my trip) so I'm averaging roughly 70-80 mph. One tank I did manage 30 mpg but recently I've been fighting a nasty headwind on the trip home so I'm sure that isn't helping.

Comment

I'm getting 21 mpg (9 km per l), competely stock @ 62 mph (100 km/h) @ 95 octane.

Obviously something is wrong, seeing the higher numbers in this thread...
                            Last edited by yh61r; 04-21-2018, 06:23 PM.

Comment

380-400 miles F to E
                              H22A w/ H-Auto
                              80% Highway
                              80Mph+ 90% of the time
                              BP 93 Octane

Comment

Originally posted by yh61r View Post
                                I'm getting 21 mpg (9 km per l), competely stock @ 62 mph (100 km/h) @ 95 octane.

Obviously something is wrong, seeing the higher numbers in this thread...
                                Have you tried selecting a lower grade fuel? 95 octane isn't necessary on ANY stock Honda engine that would be found in an Accord. I'm not saying that is the only thing contributing to your lower than average mpg but lower octane fuel does burn quicker (good for economy, bad for performance tuning).

Comment

Working...
                                X