Superbowl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Superbowl

I’m not a huge football fan, but I can’t help but get excited when my team finally makes it to the big game!

I’m curious to see who everyone is pulling for, seeing as both the Eagles and the Patriots frequently seem to be hated by anyone outside of their home regions!

Regardless of the outcome tomorrow, South Philly is going to get wrecked! My people aren’t the smartest...
    Eagles
    16.67%
    Patriots
    11.11%
    I hope the earth opens up and swallows both teams whole
    33.33%
    Sportsing is stupid
    38.89%

hoping everybody stays home tomorrow and leaves the mountain empty so i can go snowboarding.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I won’t be watching it more then likely. Tired of the pats and was really hoping my Jags would have pulled it off. But there is always next year. I’m going for the Eagles, but I hope the world swallows both teams
      ~Nick~
      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
      MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

I suppose hell will freeze over before I see the Browns in a Super Bowl (not that I'm particularly interested anyway).
        90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
        08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

What is interesting to note about this superbowl is that the NFL is replacing their usual security detail with G4S, the company that claims "We will do things the CIA won't touch." You should take a look at who used to be employed by G4S.
          *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
          ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
          ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
          "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
          Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
          The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
          Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
            I won’t be watching it more then likely. Tired of the pats and was really hoping my Jags would have pulled it off. But there is always next year. I’m going for the Eagles, but I hope the world swallows both teams

I have been a fan of NE since the 6th grade and I get tired of that same line 'I wish they would stop winning' those people that complain about how much the Pats win obviously don't have a better QB / HC combination on their team.

I've never seen any QB just as stringent and determined as he is, name me one QB in the present day whos done that.

I never get why people have in their heads that because a determined and well disciplined football player is somehow a cheater and he needs to stop winning.

After watching the Tom vs Time videos on Facebook it gave you some serious insight to how this guy strives to be better than the last. Because he literally studies himself on how he could do better and he includes the team. But other fans will always say well he cheated because ESPN said so.

With that said I hope they win but I know it's going to be a tough game, Eagles have a pretty good rush defense.
            Henry R
            Koni/Neuspeed
            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
            1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
            Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
            made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Oh I am not disagreeing with you that Brady is the GOAT. But at the same time football is suppose to provide entertainment and it does get tiring when it’s the same show most of the time. Honestly once Bill and Tom retire, (and I guarantee they will retire together) the Pats will not be as in your face. Yes, they have great receivers and one tight end but Tom and Bill are what make the Pats.

I’m not hating on a good team, I’m just saying I’m tired of all the band wagon Pat fans who talk so much crap yet don’t know who the QB was before Brady. It’s just nice to see a Cinderella story from time to time, like the Seahawks winning it years ago, or the Saints.
              ~Nick~
              FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
              MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

I agree that those who hate or are tired of seeing Brady win would not turn down the opportunity to have him on their team if they could, not a Pats fan but i have to give credit where it is due. Now being a Dallas fan the natural response would be for me to hope the Eagles get destroyed in the worse possible way, however i hope it is a close game so spectators have something good to look at. Interestingly enough i recently joined another forum and one of the guys there happens to be in the crew that does the pyrotechnics for the Eagles, cant get any better than getting paid to do something you love for an intitution that you love.
                [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Honestly after the actions of some players in recent times I will not give the Superbowl nor the NFL my time. The only superbowl I want to deal with has either cereal or marijuana in it.

Comment

I'm a Masshole, so naturally I'm a Pats fan.

I'm not the biggest Tom Brady fan, but it's for non-football related reasons and he's inhumanly good. When the game is on the line, there's no one else I'd rather watch.

I think it's going to be very close, although I'd like to have a Patriots Super Bowl that doesn't go down to the last drive.

Comment

Don't care for either team, but I hate the Patriots, so that is an automatic vote for the Eagles.

That said, I am taking a knee to NFL this year. They need to learn to keep their politics to themselves. People of all persuasions like football and they are being paid for their sporting abilities, not for their opinions.
                      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by Bunta View Post
                        Honestly after the actions of some players in recent times I will not give the Superbowl nor the NFL my time. The only superbowl I want to deal with has either cereal or marijuana in it.
                        Theyre human just as much as you and I are. In my opinion if youre granted that right to free speech..I wont be offended.

I'll just leave it at that.

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
                        I'm a Masshole, so naturally I'm a Pats fan.

I'm not the biggest Tom Brady fan, but it's for non-football related reasons and he's inhumanly good. When the game is on the line, there's no one else I'd rather watch.

I think it's going to be very close, although I'd like to have a Patriots Super Bowl that doesn't go down to the last drive.
                        You and I both know theyre definitely known for that...you shouldve seen me during that Jags game I was ready to throw in the towel.

I dont ever doubt that guys ability to make an epic comeback though, but I know the Eagles are going to definitely give them a hard run for their money.

They completely blew out the Vikings in the NFC game.
                        Henry R
                        Koni/Neuspeed
                        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                        1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                        Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                        made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Let’s not make this a discussion about taking a knee. That’s going to get ugly, and we don’t need that here. This is just about the game.

I agree that Brady is an incredible qb. Possibly the best ever. I don’t love him, and I want to see him lose largely because he’s so damn good... but I give credit where credit is due!
                          I’m hoping the eagles have a chance. They’re young, and they have momentum. The patriots are good, but they’re not the unbeatable team they once were, and Brady himself is an old man (older than me!!!) it should be a good game!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              Let’s not make this a discussion about taking a knee. That’s going to get ugly, and we don’t need that here. This is just about the game.

I agree that Brady is an incredible qb. Possibly the best ever. I don’t love him, and I want to see him lose largely because he’s so damn good... but I give credit where credit is due!
                              I’m hoping the eagles have a chance. They’re young, and they have momentum. The patriots are good, but they’re not the unbeatable team they once were, and Brady himself is an old man (older than me!!!) it should be a good game!

The people who think the Pats are hated because they "win too much" are out of touch with the point.

I won't speak for others, but I don't like them because of things they have done in the past. Specifically, my decision was made during their "perfect season" when they broadcast well ahead of time that they were going to crush the Dolphin's record and go all the way, only to lose in an embarrassing (and quite frankly deserved) Super Bowl upset.

It made the choice for me for one very simple reason. A lot of people busted their asses to achieve things and it is arrogant and disrespectful to overstate your position and diminish the value and magnitude of the accomplishments of others. Pride goeth before the fall as they say.

Don Shula summed it up best: "If the Patriots win the Super Bowl and break our record, I will be the first to congratulate them. But until they have, they haven't."

I don't have anything specific against Brady and I respect him for standing up for his daughter the other day but they, IMO, are a lot like the Cowboys and so are many of their fans.

I am Steelers fan at heart and always have been, so I don't exactly have anything to be ashamed of when it comes to team legacies.
                              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Working...
                              X