Front clunk swaybar end links?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front clunk swaybar end links?

So i got this disturbing rubbing metal clunking sound coming from front right when i turn and brake or accelerate for manoeuvring for example

sounding if the spring was slipping around. ive had a look, spring, suspension is all tight, cv boots intact no play in axles don't feel it in the steering wheel.

However tho my front sway bar end links are really bad and one of the bottom bushes on the end link is completely missing, new ones are already on the way, but could this be making such a noise ?

thanks in advance
    Last edited by marcusv8thunder; 11-24-2009, 09:09 AM.

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
    UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
    NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

it is most likely your sway bars mine did the same thing because both endlinks

were shot and it made a horrible metal on metal noise every time i hit a bump

just put them in to stop that annoyance and your handling should improve as

well
    ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

I just had the exact same problem with mine. You can kinda feel it in your feet too when it clunks, it made me kringe everytine it happened. Sure enough it was bad sway bar links and bushings. One of them was completley gone and there was metal hitting metal. It's not a very expensive fix at all.

The guy that did it on my car also replaced a bad cv axle and parts and labor for everything was under $300. But most shops would charge more I think, I got a good deal.

H22 Fund Cancelled. Flight training underway.

Comment

You can pick up new endlink bushings at auto stores for like 30 bucks. I found some Energy Suspension endlinks on Ebay for 30 shipped.
        Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
        Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
        Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
        Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
        Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
        Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

have you inspected your 16-19 year old ball joints? Mine made a clunking sound when I accel/decel/hit bumps
          ____

Comment

I have this same issue but only when going over bumps. I had a full energy suspension master kit installed a few months ago which included the end links. I have replace upper and lower balljoints. I did noticed that the driver side endlinks were installed incorrectly(they installed the swaybar next to one of the metal shims instead of swaybar to bushing) so im wondering this just one side could cause that sound or could it be other components like inner and outer tie rods. Someone told me that it could could be the swaybar bushing that holds the bar to teh chassis of the car(this is common in alot of other cars like eg.Lexua, VW).
            1993 Accord LX - Sold
            93 BMW 525it - SOLD
            92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
            2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
            2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
            2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
            2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
            2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

To aid future questions, swaybar end links are now in, and noise has gone! nicer handling as well. its a win.

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
              UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
              NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Working...
              X