CD5 side markers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CD5 side markers

I know there was a template on here for when I installed my front side markers, was just wondering if there was such a thing for the CD5 rear markers?

No there is not a template set for a specific spot on were to install them. Most people just eye ball were they will look good and install them. You can make a template for the hole so you know how much to cut but that's about it.
    Sold to:
    GunRunner,mtnickel,SanJoCaF22DrAcc,sikz6,daovangph otos,megarock15,
    Purchased From :cb95spd,"sleepin"

Comment

that temp... ive never seen there is a couple cb's on here with them. look good always thought about doin that project one day though..Off Topic but ive also seen those cd side marker on the front bumper where the intersection lights go but they on as park lights that was a crazy mod they where clear or the bulbls he used were super bright

Comment

Actually guys cpmike has a template, Ive seen it and I have it saved on my work computer, if I can find it again I will post it for you.

Comment

I hope mike doesnt mind me adding these but I figured they would be a great addition for anyone that wants to do side markers and get a template-ish measurement for it. Of course BIG HUGE PROPS TO CPMIKE for the pics!!!!

So what you would want to do is measure from the side of the fender over to 8.5cm and up from the moulding 9.75cm and with each measurement take a washable paint pen or car chalk (whatever they use in the junkyards to mark car parts) to make a plus sign. Then where they cross is the center.
          From there you would take the measurement of the actual markers [72mm(7.2cm) long and 28mm(2.8cm) wide] and slit them in half. From the center up/down put a mark at 1.4cm (14mm), and from the center left/right put a mark at 3.6cm (36mm). Draw 2 vertical lines from your marks and 2 horizontal lines from your marks, and procede to EXTREMELY CAREFULLY (AND I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR CAR IF YOU MESS UP, THIS IS STRICTLY A GUIDE, ATTEMPT AT YOUR OWN RISK) Cut out your holes as to what they look like they should be to fit your markers.

Some more researching and measureing may be needed for a perfect fit. Always remember measure twice cut once....

P.S.: I didnt intend this to be a DIY (got kinda caried away lol) but if needed please move as necessary!
          Last edited by GrimmCB7; 01-28-2012, 12:58 AM.

Comment

How would I get this marker light to blink with the turn signals, and stay lit, without a three wire socket? Or do the cd5 lights have a three wire socket...? My eBay markers are just two wire...

Comment

You would run both wires off the markers to the hot wires, one on your signals and one on your corners (double positive) no need for a ground since the circuits you are tapping into are already grounded.

Comment

Soooooo, which one of the positives goes to the ground since you dont need it?? Ive been at this for a while but just cant figure it out!!!

Comment

Working...
                X