Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

93 honda accord se exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

93 honda accord se exhaust

ok so i have a 93 honda accord se and im having trouble with some exhaust work. im almost certain that the motor is an f22a1 (please correct me if im wrong) but i need a new header and i cant find the stock one anywhere. also some one told me about a non metal gasket for the header. they said it was like a rubber/silicon material. Any info/advice on that would be nice too.

Why do you need a new header?

If you're looking for a stock one just go to the junkyard. Any 92-93 EX or 91/93 SE will have the exhaust manifold you need.

And don't use a rubbery silicon gasket maker. They suck and will blow out and leave you with a leak. use the two oem donut gaskets that sit in the top of the down pipe.

Comment

You need a metal gasket.

Your engine is an F22A6, unless it has been swapped out. You can look at the spot to the left of the header for the engine code.

Finding a new stock replacement is going to be difficult. I would just buy OEM Honda gaskets, and pick up an aftermarket header, such as OBX or Megan Racing. You won't gain much performance, but those will be cheaper than a new OEM piece.

Comment

i just grided the header so there is no bumps now...but when i put it on there is still something smoking. Im hoping there is just a leak but im not too sure. The bolt/nut all the way to the right is the hard one to get to and tighten so im hoping thats just not tightened down enough...Ive been using 32 ftlbs bc thats what the ex uses. Does anyone know exactly what i should use for a 93 Accord Se

Comment

The torque specs are not going to vary for the exhaust between the EX and SE. If you're that anal about it, be sure to follow the specs for a 92-93 EX. They have the exact same engine.

Comment

Working...
          X