Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How long will the interest last

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long will the interest last

I have been looking to purchase a 2nd CB7 and trick it out as well. A question was posed to me. As this body style gets older and hard to keep up, how long will the interest last? Is it even worth it to invest in a vehicle that a community may or may not be supporting for much longer?

You can gauge interest by the 3rd generation, somewhat. The following decreases, but as long as a handful of quality parts makers exist, the ability to build an impressive car will remain. The CB has the advantage of being able to use parts from much newer cars, so I feel that extends its life by at least a decade. And with 200+hp engines available that are both affordable and relatively easy to swap in, the sub-3000lb CB7can actually hold its own against many modern sporty cars.

Comment

We've been asked that same question over at the crxcommunity forum. Several of the veteran site members have contacted manufacturers about doing small batch runs of certain wear items or hard to find parts. I was able to replace my door seals and grab a J's replica lip for my rex through this process.

Comment

Apparently Honda gets a lot of their parts from a site called vintage parts. But you need a dealer code to buy parts. If anyone works at a Honda dealership, and has a code, that could be an option.
        ~Nick~
        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
        MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
          Apparently Honda gets a lot of their parts from a site called vintage parts. But you need a dealer code to buy parts. If anyone works at a Honda dealership, and has a code, that could be an option.
          I think Vintage Parts buys up old dealer stock. I can go direct to their website and check inventory. I have purchased parts from them simply by calling them. www.vpartsinc.com
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by thyman01 View Post
            I have been looking to purchase a 2nd CB7 and trick it out as well. A question was posed to me. As this body style gets older and hard to keep up, how long will the interest last? Is it even worth it to invest in a vehicle that a community may or may not be supporting for much longer?
            In addition to what has been said, I would like to add:

CB7’s are now classified under the JCCS as eligible models. This means that their demand in southern Cali may increase somewhat, especially the very good condition examples.

H series engines are decreasing in price. Young street racers may buy an engine first and then desire a CB7 after the fact (likely the cheapest and lightest chassis will have a steady market)

I personally sought to buy any accord 90-02, for track purposes because after careful research I believe that the accords are better than civics for some types of racing... I ended up with a 93 coupe, decent condition, higher miles. I didn’t pay a lot, but at the same time, maybe I did pay a lot “for a CB7”. Regardless, the relative value of the car is inconsequential. The absolute (actual) value to me is that I wanted the qualities of an accord and this CB7 delivered what I wanted.

Maybe other car enthusiasts, like me, who have ran S-chassis, Z cars, E70 corollas, RX7’s... will turn to something like a CB when they realize that it’s a good overall package and a decidedly quick and nimble car and generally they are not abused and cut up like RWD cars and typical civic hatchbacks.

Comment

It'll pick back up when I buy me another. Give me some time.
              The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

"Better" vehicles are becoming more affordable every year. Personally I wait until a trend dies then snatch something up that I've had my eye on. Like my C4 and my DSM's. When I bought my C4 they were unpopular and pretty cheap. A couple years ago they became sought after a little more. I think they are on the downhill slide again. Same with DSM's. They were all the rage in the early 2000's. Then again in around 2010. Now you can pick them up all day for a few thousand. I think the CB7 chassis might follow a trend of it's own. It may become sought after again in a decade maybe? If it does it will likely be due to it's rarity. Rarity often drives trends. You also have to factor in that the majority of us were "around" when the chassis was super common. They were new and everywhere. Honestly, who knows. Personally, I'm done. I don't have to play around with them anymore. They were fun. And reliable. For my preference they just aren't as rewarding as some other options. A set of coilovers cost more than the car. And you can go much faster much cheaper. My 2 cents worth.

Edit: After reading this I just want to clarify, the chassis was good to me as was the majority of this community. I chose the chassis back in the day as it chose me. I wanted other vehicles but couldn't afford them or couldn't find them. It satisfied the itch in the beginning. But it's an addiction.
                Last edited by H311RA151N; 05-30-2019, 07:29 PM.

Comment

As long as you want it to last. I plan on dying owning mine. Hopefully my
                  little brother keeps the dream alive when he is old enough to drive!!!

I started skateboarding when I was 11, I am now 27 & still skateboard. Not
                  as much but I still love it.

I also own a '98 hatch, a '97 sedan civic with the F22, & my daily '03 civic.

I have owned toyotas, & chevys previously but I do not ever see myself
                  getting anything but an older honda. I am just not into these newer cars.

I know my cars inside & out so it makes it cheaper & easier plus I do not mind
                  fixing my own cars. New cars almost have to be taken to a dealer or expert
                  with allll the sensors & technology. My buddy works as a mechanic at
                  Honda & utterly hates working on the new Hondas because of how much
                  technology & sensors he has to deal with.

So...basically it is all on you!
                  Keep Pushing..

Comment

replace ur stuff now as these cars in junkyard are become rarer. Most stuff i can still find except for rubber seals. Mine is almost oem ride and drive quality and i have some extra stuff i plan on keeping forever. Am never selling this car myself as it is a work of art to me. It is also still fun to drive even with only 140 hp.

Comment

I know I haven't been around much lately but I still have my CB. Garage kept and needs some TLC but as long as people are out there that want to fix the CB there will be a market for it.

Parts are getting harder and harder to find but it seems the junkyard CBs I have found lately are oozing with goodies. Found my 5th (only one coupe set and the owner posted in this thread ) set of OEM visors recently and I also found a set of 14 inch (who rocks 14s beside me) accessory wheels.

I will agree anything rubber I have to source from Honda; which is annoying but worth it. Except, obviously tires and wiper blades I get from crapozone.

@zedjr10 I agree with it being fun to drive. I had someone recently ask me what I was driving; I guess they couldn't be bothered reading my rear badge that says Accord I refuse to get rid of it because to me it is who I am today and has stuck with me through my worse and best times.

Comment

I'm currently on the hunt for another CB, and I've noticed the average prices seem a bit higher than I remember them being. I keep seeing "rare" in the sale ads, too, which makes no sense because I still see just as many on the roads and in junkyards as I ever have. I know Japanese classics are finally being recognized in the collector car world, and maybe it's my age, but I just don't see these as "classics" regardless of the 25-year rule.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Aside from the ones I see parked in the same places that they always are, I VERY rarely see these things driving on the road.
                          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I used to count 15-20 of them on my 15 minute drive to work. Now, I see maybe 5 a week. And most are in awful condition. They’ve become true enthusiast cars now. Only those that genuinely care about them will take proper care of them.

Comment

I just missed a 92 EX sedan with about 150,000 on it last week. Reportedly never saw snow, rarely rain, looked good in pictures. Sold for $3000 the day after it listed on craigslist.
                              90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                              08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Working...
                              X