Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F22a1 Head build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22a1 Head build

What do I need to build the head of my f22a1? Any ideas let me know
    I'm tryna get the max horsepower N/A out this car but starting from top
    To bottom?

you need springs, valves, brass valve guides, retainers, valve seals, port and polish, and a higher lift cam from bisimoto.
    Originally posted by Gummiegorilla
    Damn CBs are like a Rubix Cube sometimes !!!!

Comment

do you know specifically which ones? or what brand? price dont matter either.

Comment

www.bisimoto.com

buy the best stuff there.

but first do some research. something tells me you have absolutely no idea what your getting into. your looking at more than just throwing parts at a head. you should consider building your bottom end as well since an old stock block with a low redline and low compression wont do very much with a built head.

Comment

Okay bisimoto.com
          And what exactly would I need to build my block

Comment

a lot more knowledge.
            im not saying that to be mean... but you really need to look into some more comprehensive materials to learn how to build an engine than this forum. go to www.helminc.com and buy the manual for your car. you will learn how to build an engine by reading that. then look into what it takes to build a performance motor in terms of pistons, rings, rods, bearings, crankshaft, cylinder sleeves, etc...
            Last edited by Dani Filth; 01-27-2011, 06:14 PM.

Comment

okay thank you (:

Comment

hey dani did you mean www.helminc.com

Comment

if you are boosting it, is it not better to keep the comression low before you induce the air

Comment

yes. i forgot there is no hyphen in it. editing my post now.

And he said N/a in the first post. either way he needs to learn how to build an engine.

Comment

even if he was boosting would it not be better to keep the comp ratio low for boost?

Comment

A low compression ratio makes tuning safer with boost. It raises the margin of error. High compression requires very careful tuning, or detonation occurs. In general, yes, lower compression is desireable for boost.

However, this thread is not about that. In the first post, he asked about building for N/A performance. Naturally Aspirated. NOT TURBO. So telling him what to do for a boost build is utterly pointless. That's like saying "if you had an H22 you could get a VTEC controller". It's pointless, and not related in any way to the question.

Comment

Im kind of curious about an n/a build as well, although im building an engine in the future to boost. For n/a would higher compression be desireable, what compression ratio would be the best, what are other factors to keep inmind while raising the compression ratio? For this I only know of a few methods, milling the block or head, using a smaller headgasket, or changing out the pistons to a higher comp pistion. What mods can you do to the head besides a more aggressive cam shaft? Can you run a bisi stage 5 camshaft, with springs,valves,retainers that can accept it, in a higher compression n/a build?

Comment

other than a camshaft a good port and polish, springs, retainers, guides, valves, and a good valve job...the issues to be careful of in a high comp n/a build are valve to piston clearance...and milling a head or block is a relatively cheap way of acheiving a higher comp ratio but there are def better options and yes higher comp is more desirable for an n/a build
                            Last edited by dailydriVen; 01-28-2011, 01:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X