No announcement yet.

SUSP : rear disc conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THere is a nice set of these in the junkyard. I told him $240, and he said "per side maybe!".

How much did you pay for the rear disks?

- Zipcreature
    Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

bump.

- Zipcreature
      Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

im selling my set to a friend for ~180...

i say dont spend anything over 250.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by According2Me
          so when doing this conversion the origonal sway bar wont work... so youd have to use the rotor systems sway bar?
          an OEM bar can work if you swap over the rear crossmember as well. the 92-93 EX/SE crossmembers have the holes for the sway bar brackets. all trailing arms have a hole for a sway bar be it a DX, LX, EX, or SE etc.

note:
          90-91 EX has a rear sway but are still drum brakes.
          all DX/LX never came with a rear sway standard.
          all accords with rear discs have rear swaybars.
          Last edited by timmy0tool; 08-03-2005, 07:29 PM.
          1cor10:31
          - 92 LX coupe
          - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

BUMP for an old thread!! hehe I have a question for y'all...I'm getting a set of rear discs...Comes with upper arms, brake lines, etc etc EXCEPT for trailing arms...My friend told me that the discs will bolt up fine with the trailing arms that I have now (w/ drums) He said that he's done some research, and the part number for trailing arms w/ drums are the same with the ones w/ discs...

Jus curious if anyone can plz confirm me on this matter...I jus want to make sure that these babies will bolt up fine on my trailing arms, so that way I won't have to look for trailing arms for discs..hehehe can anyone plz help me on this?? Thx in advance! Oh and pic below

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

I have the whole thing for sale

$210

Off a 92 ex coupe

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
              bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

Thx bro, but I actually already got those things that is on the pic...It's jus at my friend's house, and I haven't got time to pick 'em up yet...That's why I'm asking you guys to check if I can use my stock trailing arms with the discs...

Thx for the offer tho man

Ronald

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald_Type-R
                  Thx bro, but I actually already got those things that is on the pic...It's jus at my friend's house, and I haven't got time to pick 'em up yet...That's why I'm asking you guys to check if I can use my stock trailing arms with the discs...

Ronald

lol i know your buying that one

Im trying to sell it to someone reading this thread ROFL

please buy it

brand new pads!!!

new rotors 3 months ago

please buy

It needs a home

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
                  bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald_Type-R

Ronald
                    Yeah, it will be fine. Just more of a hassle to bolt them up.
                    Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
                    -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
                    MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

yeah ronald the trailing arms are the same but it will be a bit harder to do, but not impossible. the ebrake cables on the drums go through the trailing arms unlike the cables on the discs which only outline the trailing arms. other than that and some more bolting and unbolting, you should be fine!

good luck with the install and post pics when done!

btw, it looks like the set you have in the pic is missing the screws that holds the rotors to the hub. make sure to not forget that .
                      - 92 LX coupe
                      - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Hehehe ok ok glad to hear Thx for the confirmation guys!! And Timmy, I'll make sure that I'd have those screws before I install everything..Thx for the heads up, I wasn't paying attention to that at all..hehehe

Ronald

Comment

Alright lets see how many of ya out there know your wagon shit, My 91 Wagon has bigger drums than the sedans and coupes of that year, am I going to have issues when swapping to the disc rear?

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordwagon
                            Alright lets see how many of ya out there know your wagon shit, My 91 Wagon has bigger drums than the sedans and coupes of that year, am I going to have issues when swapping to the disc rear?
                            hmm i don't think the drums differ between the wagons and the sedan/coupes. it's only the front brakes that differ. you shouldn't have any problems swapping to rear discs on a wagon.
                            - 92 LX coupe
                            - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

anyone still got rear disk stuff for sale?

Comment

i do mikey. hit me up and we can get you swapped.
                                "you can catch me swoopin 4G coupin switchin lanes" haha haha.

1993 SE coupe drag car ahoy!

1992 EX coupe 5 spd **sold **

1991 LX sedan 5 spd **tore the tranny apart**
                                sold to: jakfrostwhite,F22Cb7Rid3r, and many others
                                Did work for: jhoff_cb7
                                Traded with: 1990AccordEX,pr3pg4lyfe

Comment

Working...
                                X