No announcement yet.

Tishock : 1992 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are external oil coolers allowed? Might be something to look into.

Thanks btw, PM me if you don't need the cherry bomb.

Comment

even though your turning it into a budget racer, you may have saved this cb, at least for a little while longer.
      CB7TUNER.com
      Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
        Are external oil coolers allowed? Might be something to look into.

Thanks btw, PM me if you don't need the cherry bomb.
        Almost anything is allowed as long as the car's value is not over $500 when it's in tech. If it does raise the car's value over $500 then your assessed penalty laps. There are several items that don't count towards the value of the car, like any safety equipment and several other items.

I do plan to run some gauges so my plan was to monitor at first and then decide at the track whether I needed one.

Comment

Originally posted by cb9love View Post
          even though your turning it into a budget racer, you may have saved this cb, at least for a little while longer.
          Maybe, I just hope I'm not that guy that slams their car in to a wall on the very first turn.

Comment

I should have some progress updates in a couple weeks. I've been out of commission for a month due to an injury so everything has been on hold for a while.

Comment

Driver wanted
              (idiot, glutton for punishment, masochist and all around funny SOB)

Do you have the need for speed? Light the tires and kick the fires!!!

Looking for a team member to share in our journey. Our journey to mediocrity and a likely disastrous let down, for just a minuscule chance at GLORY!!!! If you have what it takes then join us and earn your place in VALHALLA!!!!

"What we do in life echoes in eternity"
              Maximus Decimus Meridius Jebediah Rodriguez Thanos Smith

Ok, with that nonsense out of the way. Really need someone chill and willing to put in the wrench time. You'll really only responsible for your own fees, equipment and lodging during the race weekend. Contributions to the car build in parts or money are always welcomed but not mandatory or expected. Please read through the links below before replying to this post. Then PM me when you're ready to meet your destiny.

Rules and Info

This post on the 24hrs of Lemons forum will cover most information you'll need. http://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewtopic.php?id=7415

PRICES & RULES
              https://www.24hoursoflemons.com/prices-rules

FAQ & HOW TO
              https://www.24hoursoflemons.com/faq-how-to

LEMONS TECH SHEET
              https://www.24hoursoflemons.com/imag...echSheetV7.pdf

HOW NOT TO FAIL LEMONS TECH
              https://www.24hoursoflemons.com/imag...eMons-Tech.pdf

Last edited by Tishock; 04-22-2016, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Soon I'll install these with my black H&R springs and update the joints/bushing. Then I can finally test drive the car. There was now way I was going test drive this death trap without some updates to the suspension. Thanks to ukemike for the idea of painting these black for that stock look to pass tech. The rears arent in the best shape but compared to the fuckery I am replacing, these will be an improvement. But I will replace the rears before race day.

Thanks to apalileo

Comment

Thank god you finally got something to replace the utter disaster that the PO did to the suspension. Looks like this is going to be fun endeavor. I wish I lived closer I would totally take you up on the offer of wrench time and driving. Gotta love living where there is nothing motor sports wise at least for import cars.
                  MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

I have always wanted to run one of these, cant wait to see more progress and pics/vids from the event. With the cost limits in lemons being sneaking seems to be one of the best options to stay competitive.

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

Progress is slow. But here are more parts to fix the fuckery done to the suspension. Also have a freshly converted manual rack ready to install. With new inner and outer tie rods. Everything being installed next week.

Comment

Phantom Grip. Thanks Deev.

Isn't it adorable how little it is? That's what she said!

I'll probably install it in to my spare f22 tranny in a couple of weeks. This will be a good time to remake cleaner trans videos.

Comment

Front suspension is nearly all repaired. Just need to replace the sway bar link bushings and passenger side lower control arm. I forgot the rear springs were still on my silver CB so I will need to take care of that in a couple of weeks.

Also looks like the previous owner thought cotter pins were optional.

Check out my "stock" springs and shocks.

Last edited by Tishock; 06-13-2016, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tishock View Post
                            This will be a good time to remake cleaner trans videos.
                            Do want!
                            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Tishock View Post

Check out my "stock" springs and shocks.

Sweet, man, they won't notice as long as the ride appears stock as we approach the tech area.

So, my wife is going (still trying to convince her to drive) and my other friend I was telling you about (Mike) will be there to help as crew.
                              *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                              ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                              ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                              "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                              Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                              The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                              Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Working...
                              X