This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 91_CB7_Sedan View Post
    I'll be sure and send them an e-mail on Monday to ask about their group buys, and spring rates/damping info for you
    Some things to ask:

Inline separating piston?
    Steel piston? O-ring sealed?
    Deflected disk?
    Have any low speed sticktion?
    Damper adjustment linearity?
    What brand are springs? What's the tolerance? What rates for the CB7?
    What aluminum do they use? 6061 t6?
    What type/brand of bearing do they use in the top mounts?
    Percentage critical damping? Digression knee at what velocity?

If they won't tell you some of that, its not a big deal, but a good company shouldn't have anything to hide like that.
    There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
      Some things to ask:

Inline separating piston?
      Steel piston? O-ring sealed?
      Deflected disk?
      Have any low speed sticktion?
      Damper adjustment linearity?
      What brand are springs? What's the tolerance? What rates for the CB7?
      What aluminum do they use? 6061 t6?
      What type/brand of bearing do they use in the top mounts?
      Percentage critical damping? Digression knee at what velocity?

If they won't tell you some of that, its not a big deal, but a good company shouldn't have anything to hide like that.

As far as the rates are concerned, If you watched the video on their site, it says that the coilovers are made user specific, so if I want say 10K front, and 8K rear spring rates with my coilovers, then they can do that for me. Their Racing Spec coilovers are also offered for the cb and cd chassis.

Originally posted by Makaveli2k
      White girls make the world go round. If I were to be stranded on an island and I could only 3 things to bring with me It'd be 2 different white girls. And a Smashing pumpkins Cd... I hear they like that shit. =p

Comment

Originally posted by 91_CB7_Sedan View Post
        As far as the rates are concerned, If you watched the video on their site, it says that the coilovers are made user specific, so if I want say 10K front, and 8K rear spring rates with my coilovers, then they can do that for me. Their Racing Spec coilovers are also offered for the cb and cd chassis.
        Did you ever get anything back from them?

Comment

Are the damping numbers for the koni struts correct? The str.t just seems way too high.

Also, can anyone verify if the height notches on the koni/neuspeed yellows (sports not sp3) allow a height RAISE or only the 15mm of lowering which is all I can find proof for??? I NEED to know for sure or I won't buy them.
          My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

liking this thread muchly!

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
            UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
            NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

bump for this thread . does anyone have any good pictures of koni str.t's and neuspeed sports? i have mine on order and should be getting them next week i just want to know of about how much of a gap well be there after they settle? i know before they do itll be about 2 1/2 finger gap in the front and about the same in the back.

Comment

Also im 80% sure the stock rates are 220F and 150R

so stick that on the first page if the rates can be confirmed by someone.

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Originally posted by marcusv8thunder View Post
                  Also im 80% sure the stock rates are 220F and 150R

so stick that on the first page if the rates can be confirmed by someone.
                  Where did you find that info or what leads you to believe that?

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                    Where did you find that info or what leads you to believe that?
                    I did measurements and my calcs/readings came up pretty close to that. Rear was fuzzy cause of the dead coils, but yea, stock spring rates are def. that low

Originally posted by lordoja
                    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

I have no problem believing the stock rates are that low. I'm honestly surprised the front is as high as it is. I would just like some accurate measurement and/or hard numbers to prove it. Who knows what these ~20 year old spring's have degraded to over time either. They likely had a different rate when they were new. Also, if stock is 220F and 150R, that means the Tein H-tech springs are identical to stock springs, just that they lower the car some.

Comment

Those figures are from a guy that works for Honda in the UK, from another Accord forum.

He found out the stock spring rates ,for all the generations from 8 down to 5. I then asked him to check the 4th gen for me lol, and posted up those rates.

I like to think his source is solid, but if it can be confirmed with calculations obviously that would be preferred.

As for the lowering springs that are just as soft but lower, they should be used with uprated dampers, and progressive bumpstops to be maximised, IMO anyway.

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Those figures are from a guy that works for Honda in the UK, from another Accord forum.

He found out the stock spring rates ,for all the generations from 8 down to 5. I then asked him to check the 4th gen for me lol, and posted up those rates.

I like to think his source is solid, but if it can be confirmed with calculations obviously that would be preferred.

As for the lowering springs that are just as soft but lower, they should be used with uprated dampers, and progressive bumpstops to be maximised, IMO anyway.
                          Okay, I added those rates in the original post as the stock rates. If a member on this specific site is able to measure and get a different value, we'll go from there. Otherwise, we'll assume 220F, 150R.

I just have a tough time believing it because that means that Neuspeed sport springs are only about 20 lbs stiffer, which is hardly noticeable....and sport springs are quite noticeably stiffer than stock...and the fact that they're progressive should make them feel even softer than they really are, yet they still feel significantly stiffer.

Again, I haven't been able to measure a stock spring yet, but just based on that logic, 220F, 150R seems too high. However, I just put that rate on the original post for the time being since its the best thing we have so far.
                          Last edited by mndude07; 04-29-2011, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Yes thats fair enough.

Theres lots of variables to consider with bump stops and ride hieght and newness of the lowering spring would give the feel of stiffer ride.

Especially if your comparing to a 20 year old spring like you said earlier.

Oh and you put 250F instead of 220F on first page

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Yes thats fair enough.

Theres lots of variables to consider with bump stops and ride hieght and newness of the lowering spring would give the feel of stiffer ride.

Especially if your comparing to a 20 year old spring like you said earlier.

Oh and you put 250F instead of 220F on first page
                              fixed

Comment

Added BC coilovers

Comment

Working...
                                X