Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For your viewing enjoyment - Porsche 911 content

Urban Outlaw
    old school 911's built the way they shoould be built, and shot the way they should be shot. It's 30+ minutes long and very high quality, so take some time, grab some popcorn, and enjoy.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Wow, that dude is hairy!

I like RUF built Porches and hope to one day be able to afford one.

Comment

I wanna have a garage like that in my backyard filled with Hondas!!

Comment

Very cool story. Totally badass cool dude with awesome taste in cars.

Comment

In my book, hands down the best car ever built. I loved 911's, but when I was a kid and first layed eyes on VAnilla Ice's gemballa.....I think I hit puberty. At the time there wasn't even a car close to it
          Last edited by Soufkackicustom; 12-18-2012, 10:50 PM.

Comment

That short was incredibly well done, nice find.

I have a love/hate relationship with the 911. Such an amazing car..... that's looked the same for 40 years. It's a wonderful shape but, to me, it's gotten stale. It just doesn't have as good of staying power as something like the Jaguar E-Type.

Also, where did this guy get all the money to have this hobby and that house/garage from? Not that it really matters, I'm just curious and wondering if I missed something along the way.

Originally posted by Maple50175
            Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
              That short was incredibly well done, nice find.

I have a love/hate relationship with the 911. Such an amazing car..... that's looked the same for 40 years. It's a wonderful shape but, to me, it's gotten stale. It just doesn't have as good of staying power as something like the Jaguar E-Type.

Also, where did this guy get all the money to have this hobby and that house/garage from? Not that it really matters, I'm just curious and wondering if I missed something along the way.
              If you read the description it says "URBAN OUTLAW is a portrait of Magnus Walker, the rebel Porsche customizer who turned a hobby into an obsession, and an obsession into a successful business. "

He started with a clothing line and now he owns a shop

Comment

I love the 911 bodystyle but handling is a bit wobbly on both the older and the newer 911s. And yes, I drove them on a track.
                My old Integra with full aftermarket suspension felt a lot better to me but I am very biased because I bought the Integra for 5,500 and a 911 costs an arm and a leg for an average person in their mid 20s.
                As for my old Integra (maybe 250ish hp) lined up next to a non-turbo 911 from a dead stop, that's not even a fair match, Integra would put bus lengths on them. So they are lacking in power department too.
                That being said I would buy a turbo 911 and mod it if I had the money.
                Another thing about those old 911s is that the shifter feels like you are driving a russian-made dump truck. There is a lot of hype when it comes to those cars.
                Forgive me but I pretty much bash anything that's not a civic and not a vette just because lol
                Last edited by rexload; 12-18-2012, 11:33 PM.

Comment

I will have a panameria, not right now with buying a house. But in the near future, one will be in my driveway. I love my buddy's

Comment

he kinda looks like Johnny Depp from Pirates of the Carribean lol

member's ride thread
                    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                    91 Accord SE 176k
                    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

^ I was thinking Rob Zombie, haha!

911s and Mustangs. Two constants in my automotive dream life since I was in elementary school. An early-mid '80s 911 would be a killer project car.

Thanks for sharing the video.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                        he kinda looks like Johnny Depp from Pirates of the Carribean lol
                        He reminded me of a human version of the flying dutchman

But man I love this video

Comment

Gives me a couples ideas for the CB's interior. Like I said, I loved Mustangs when I was little, and I'm going for a bit of old school, bit of muscle car-like styling.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

This is a great story. I wish him the best.

And as stated above, these cars are not for everyone in fact a very small minority. If you stop and think about it, the 911 and the CB chassis share some characteristics like they are not for everyone but those that own one wouldn't want anything else.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178069

Comment

My dads next project is a 90s aircooled. Would look good next to my corrado.
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                              X