Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Can a CB7 match an Integra?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both cars can handle real well. Not alot of effort was put into the cb7 chasis accept for the setups that we have made to be honest with you. People have used simple setups to get their kics on the street with some simple shocks and springs.

As for the integra there are so many setups its not even funny for one then there is the type r integra which mated with a full coilover setup will do alot of damage to our cars but there are too many factors like will the driver use the full potential of that same setup of baby the car into a corner.

Comment

A good driver in a shit car will often be able to outhandle a poor driver in a great car.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        A good driver in a shit car will often be able to outhandle a poor driver in a great car.
        True as it gets same with all types of racing.

02 Crv
        02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
        92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
        Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Quite true. I've beaten faster cars off the line in my Fit, which can barely get out of its own way (but after 300,000 miles, it's like a part of me.) I've also had my ass handed to me by a minivan while in my CTS-V, because I missed a shift.

Factor in turns, and the gap widens even more.

Comment

Quite true. I've beaten faster cars off the line in my Fit, which can barely get out of its own way (but after 300,000 miles, it's like a part of me.) I've also had my ass handed to me by a minivan while in my CTS-V, because I missed a shift.

Beat a 13' civic si like two days ago ... with dealer plates still on it

The kid looked so nervous.. He missed his shift..

and watched a 20 year old accord pull away <3

Comment

My question is..why were you racing a minivan in a cts-v? Lol, did the soccer mom want to race? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dyesuperman View Post
                My question is..why were you racing a minivan in a cts-v? Lol, did the soccer mom want to race? lol
                There are some sleeper minivans out there that will blow the doors off of many cars. Even some pickups and SUV type cars too. Back in the late 80's I believe there was a GMC duo called the typhoon and cyclone. Although they were a pickup and a SUV respectively, they hauled ass and spanked any fanboy around the road.

The ultimate in minivans was the Renault Espace F1, a 700 hp midship monster...
                My MRT

White Devil Owned by Axle
                Go Fast or Suck

Comment

Does a turkey neck have wishbone suspension?
                  Deevs I knew you had a caddi. I just learned its a cts-v, that's sick. One of the few real cars made by a us manufacturer. By "real" I mean no gimmick for sales on the whole thing.
                  P.S. how many post do I lose for going off topic in a bench racing thread? Seriously though I'm removing one of my post from this joke. Edit cancel my post removal, it wasn't that bad.
                  Last edited by cb7 calling; 03-12-2013, 06:54 AM. Reason: Strive for perfection
                  ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

It's not the car it's the driver
                    but an Accord CB7 and Integra DC or DA Are two different platforms created for different consumers. I see the accord more of a family cruiser and the integra was made for the sports compact enthusiast. Coming from an EG8 94 Civic sedan there is many parts to choose from and compatibility, from my search on aftermarket parts, I found out there are limited parts available and harder to find , not impossible just need more searching
                    Lowering it, adding sway bars, having good tires properly inflated all affect the car's handling it may not feel like an integra but your accord is going to handle like a champ

Comment

Originally posted by Dyesuperman View Post
                      I wasn't really racing... and neither were they. I just rolled up at a stoplight in a lane that ended very shortly after... My intention was to pull ahead of the van. I failed.
                      Damn 1-4 skip shift!

Comment

Originally posted by axle View Post
                        Back in the late 80's I believe there was a GMC duo called the typhoon and cyclone. Although they were a pickup and a SUV respectively, they hauled ass and spanked any fanboy around the road.
                        I don't think you can categorized these two cars with minivans or sleepers for that matter. They were factory turbocharged, were fast and definitely looked fast.

Just on a side note, a friend and I stole a Typhoon back in the mid 90's off a GMC lot here in Denver. White and gray two-tone, leather interior, it was pretty badass. We had it about a month, the police tried to chase us in that shit one day... Was not happening, lol.

I would LOVE to get another one of these trucks someday (legit of course, lol).

Comment

Damn 1-4 skip shift!
                          There is a way to get rid of that.

Here is one method on the cheap.

Not as DIY as the first, but however a nicer looking package.

A more reputable place to buy parts off of then the last link. It will take you longer to jack the car up then fix the CAGS problem :-)
                          My MRT

Go Fast or Suck

Comment

Yeah, I know... but I'm used to it now. I like it when I'm trying to save gas. That was back when I first got it.

Comment

Originally posted by HardInThePaint View Post
                              I don't think you can categorized these two cars with minivans or sleepers for that matter. They were factory turbocharged, were fast and definitely looked fast.
                              They were flashy for the time and quick as hell. Yeah you probably couldn't categorize it with minivans, but sleepers nowadays you could. Most people don't remember these sisters and you could have a good hoot watching it unfold. I witnessed the Cyclone take out a Legacy Spec-B on the highway back in '06 I believe. The Legacy driver didn't know what hit him. priceless...

On a side note, Here is a wonderful video showing a nice little sleeper. Though it never did beat the Evo X, it gives minivans (if it is one...) a look The Video
                              My MRT

Go Fast or Suck

Comment

I found this and I thought everyone would like it
                                http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1922369

Comment

Working...
                                X