Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Coupe interior door handles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coupe interior door handles

I have this on going problem with my door handles on my coupe. I seem to break them all the time. I was gonna see if anyone knows if there is an aftermarket for the interior door handles. What I mean by this is does someone offer a stronger door handle or do I have to keep buying plastic handles.

No there isn't a stronger option. All the door handles are made from the same material. Not sure how you keep breaking yours, quit trying to yank the shit out of it when opening the door.

Comment

You also made 2 threads

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
      It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

My aftermarket ones were much beefier than the OEM handles that were broken on the car when I bought it. Many I've seen have been. Not by much, but you can tell that the plastic feels more rigid. The only knock on mine was that the color match wasn't perfect.

Either way, I still don't understand how you keep breaking them.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Can I get a mod to close my other thread did not mean to make two thanks. I think it because I just buy the junkyard handles. I will get some brand new ones just looking to see if there were other options.

Comment

Maybe the actual issue lies in the door latch/handle rod. If either is stiff or bound, it would put unneeded stress on the handle.

Lube your latch/linkage and quit cranking on the handles! They are made of plastic...

Comment

Originally posted by Cb7noob92 View Post
              I think it because I just buy the junkyard handles.
              Well, you didn't mention you keep buying junkyard handles. What do you expect? You replace a 20 year old handle with another old ass brittle ass 20 year old handle. Of course they are going to keep breaking.

Buy some BRAND NEW handles.

Comment

Originally posted by HardInThePaint View Post
                Not sure how you keep breaking yours, quit trying to yank the shit out of it when opening the door.
                LOL, +1

speaking of door handles, is there a thread with a step by step process to remove the door handles/panels?
                FRIENDS
                DONT LET
                FRIENDS
                ROLL ON
                ROTA'S

Comment

Originally posted by mugencivic4dr View Post
                  LOL, +1

speaking of door handles, is there a thread with a step by step process to remove the door handles/panels?
                  If you need help getting door handles off I would highly recommend getting a shop manual for your car. Lots of useful info. The door handles arent hard to take off. Flip the cover to the screw, unscrew it and pull it out enough to see the bar, wedge the bar free and you're good.
                  Looking for a new CB. Sell me yours!

Comment

Originally posted by MrTShoff View Post
                    If you need help getting door handles off I would highly recommend getting a shop manual for your car.
                    He isn't having trouble removing the handles. He's having trouble with the handles breaking during normal usage.

Comment

Flip the cover to the screw, unscrew it and pull it out enough to see the bar, wedge the bar free and you're good.
                      thanx, i knew it had to have some type of presuasion but was scared of breaking something :/

Originally posted by HardInThePaint View Post
                      If you need help getting door handles off I would highly recommend getting a shop manual for your car. Lots of useful info. The door handles arent hard to take off. Flip the cover to the screw, unscrew it and pull it out enough to see the bar, wedge the bar free and you're good.
                      He isn't having trouble removing the handles. He's having trouble with the handles breaking during normal usage.
                      MrTShoff was actually answering my question, post #8, which is quoted in his post
                      FRIENDS
                      DONT LET
                      FRIENDS
                      ROLL ON
                      ROTA'S

Comment

MrTShoff was actually answering my question, post #8, which is quoted in his post [/QUOTE]

Thanks for clarifying man I assume all went well?
                        Looking for a new CB. Sell me yours!

Comment

Originally posted by mugencivic4dr View Post
                          MrTShoff was actually answering my question, post #8, which is quoted in his post
                          Ah, I see. Thats me not paying attention.

Comment

Stop working out lol jk
                            Buy NEW OEM handles

Comment

Have sex. It relaxes the muscles therefore you will not want to pull the handle that hard and break it. Cost of this option, free.
                              The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Working...
                              X