rear disk question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rear disk question

ok got rear disc on a buddies cb7, we were adjusting the e-brake to get more tenstion on the caliper n heard a snap. instantly i thought just like mine the cable had snapped so we ordered up a new one, well upon taking everything apart and replacing it. the new cable is loose as hell and the caliper spring back tensioner isn't working. it will not spring back to put tension on the cable when the lever is relesed. so im thinking sumthing in the caliper went kaput or the caliper is junk now. it drags really bad and just will not let go of the disc. i douced it in pb blaster hoping maybe it's frozen. any suggestions

Get a new caliper from the JY and see what it do.

Not sure why you guys just assumed it was the cable and ordered a new one without looking at it first.

Comment

Originally posted by HardInThePaint View Post
      Get a new caliper from the JY and see what it do.

Not sure why you guys just assumed it was the cable and ordered a new one without looking at it first.
      we assumed b/c mine snapped. being they are only $25 bucks. it was worth the shot. it was only once we got the new cable installed we realized it wasent the cable but like previously mentioned 25 bucks whoo hoo.

Comment

Sounds like the spring that puts pressure on the caliper came out of it's slot, I doubt it broke, so check that.

Comment

have u tried releasing the tension on the ebrake cable it self on the handle end? theres a 12mm nut on the back side of the lever that adjusts tension.
          <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Working...
          X