Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

90-97 Springtech coilovers, any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CB7DX420 View Post
    I get what you guys are saying so ill just stop this entire thread and say that i'll figure it out on my own.
    ... In other words, fuck what all of you are saying. I'm going with the Sprintech.

Comment

no smart ass, im going to figure out a spring shock combo i like on my own.

Comment

I actually got those spring tech coils. My friend knows the guy selling them so I got them for $100. I did some research and found some good reviews on the shocks but not the whole suspension setup. People are even comparing them to Koni shocks. I'm getting the stuff on Monday, so ill post up my experience with them by the weekend.

^MRT^

Comment

Don't forget, most online reviews you read are going to be posted by people that don't really know what they have. And even brand new crap is going to feel half decent, until it fails.

Comment

Lol, I wasn't trying to be smart I was serious.

This is what it is. All these cats here are just trying to keep people safe and spread good word, especially when it comes to something like suspension (you're life is literally riding on that shit). But to be completely honest with you, you'll probably be just fine going with any of those two choices you have there (Springtech or Truhart, whatever). I've yet to see or hear any word of anybody being killed or much less injured due to the springs/shocks they were running. If anything happened most likely it was because of how they were driving on the suspension and not the suspension itself.

A lot of dudes talk out the side of their neck when it comes to shit like this. One person says some shit and all of a sudden everybody says the shit. Its kind of like the old ass argument of chopping springs. 99% of these dudes never chopped springs or even rode on chopped springs yet when somebody brings the shit up, everybody says you'll die if you do it... N***a please, I've yet to see anything even remotely pointing to anybody dying because their springs were chopped.

My point being, companies aren't in the business of getting sued so if you decide to go a little less expensive then I'm quite sure you'll be fine.

Comment

Why

Some of the people in this thread have been on the scene for over 10 years. We know quality when we see it, we know crap when we see it. $300 coilovers are crap. Heres a short list of suspension parts worth looking at

Shocks:
              Koni Yellows
              Bilstein HD
              Tokico Illumina

Springs:
              Tein
              Tanabe
              Neuspeed
              H&R
              B&G
              Eibach
              Progress

For coilovers theres only 2 setups for our cars that I feel are worth installing... Ground Control + Koni Yellows and Tokico RAKs. EVERYTHING else is a crap shoot or just crap, even the Skunk2 lowering springs I've had and liked, and the Nex coilovers I've had and like. If you can't afford to do it right the first time (the minimum price of entry is gonna be at least $600 + whatever maintenance you need to do), just stay stock. Cheap suspension components are a waste of time

Originally posted by lordoja
              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by HardInThePaint View Post
                Lol, I wasn't trying to be smart I was serious.

This is what it is. All these cats here are just trying to keep people safe and spread good word, especially when it comes to something like suspension (you're life is literally riding on that shit). But to be completely honest with you, you'll probably be just fine going with any of those two choices you have there (Springtech or Truhart, whatever). I've yet to see or hear any word of anybody being killed or much less injured due to the springs/shocks they were running. If anything happened most likely it was because of how they were driving on the suspension and not the suspension itself.

A lot of dudes talk out the side of their neck when it comes to shit like this. One person says some shit and all of a sudden everybody says the shit. Its kind of like the old ass argument of chopping springs. 99% of these dudes never chopped springs or even rode on chopped springs yet when somebody brings the shit up, everybody says you'll die if you do it... N***a please, I've yet to see anything even remotely pointing to anybody dying because their springs were chopped.

My point being, companies aren't in the business of getting sued so if you decide to go a little less expensive then I'm quite sure you'll be fine.
                The companies are located in other countries. Suing them would be terribly expensive. They count on that to protect them.

And the possibility of a person crashing and causing serious injury to themselves or others is enough for me to not want such ideas to perpetuate on my website.

Furthermore, use that language again on this site, and you won't be returning.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  The companies are located in other countries. Suing them would be terribly expensive. They count on that to protect them.
                  OK well we are talking about Springtech and TruHart both of which are located in the US so suing them would be absolutely no problem at all.
                  Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  And the possibility of a person crashing and causing serious injury to themselves or others is enough for me to not want such ideas to perpetuate on my website.
                  Well if thats how you feel you shouldn't be advocating modding suspension at all. Keeping your vehicle stock is the safest option available. Anything aftermarket you do to your suspension is going to increase your chances of something happening if you drive on it crazy. Honda, Nissan, Toyota, etc have an entire teams of people that are a whole lot smarter than we are calculating and determining the safety of their vehicles and I seriously doubt that they ever factor in the possibility of a potential buyer modifying the car.

And nobody was perpetuating any ill ideas. Just telling it like it is.

Comment

Originally posted by HardInThePaint View Post
                    OK well we are talking about Springtech and TruHart both of which are located in the US so suing them would be absolutely no problem at all.
                    Where did you find that Springtech is located in the US? I can't seem to find that information....

I found Truhart located here in NC.
                    Originally posted by deevergote
                    These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post
                      Where did you find that Springtech is located in the US? I can't seem to find that information....

I found Truhart located here in NC.
                      Yes TruHart is based out of NC. As for Springtech, you're going to have to pick up the phone and make some calls to find anything out about them.

Comment

you can get fnf type1 for cheap like 530 shipped i have them and i love them and they are still running strong with over 55k on them
                        back at it again

Comment

Does anyone here know somebody who has crashed because they put $50 springs on their car? Not saying I endorse the use of cheap suspension parts, just seems like a bit of exaggeration to say you will crash if you use cheap springs.

I paid $60 for 4 shocks for my truck, and I haven't wrecked it, even when towing 6k+ lbs.
                          1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

true eric. but some of the ebay sleeve have been known to break
                            back at it again

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                              Does anyone here know somebody who has crashed because they put $50 springs on their car? .
                              I don't believe so and if they did say they wrecked I would bet it was because they were driving like an ass on the cheapo suspension. You can easily buy $2000 worth of quality suspension and end up wrecking because you don't know what the hell you are doing. But to blame it entirely on the shit you bought? Thats ridiculous.

I don't believe any of us here are suggesting buy $50 sleeves or chop your springs... There are WAY too many viable options out there to even consider doing that anymore. Maybe back in the mid to late 90's when you didn't have any other choice but not now in 2013.

And thats really what I was trying to get at. Exaggeration of something that nobody here or anywhere else has any clear proof of anything happening. Instead of sitting here theorizing, go holla at a couple of cats that actually been through it and see what they say about it. People say smoking increases your chances of getting cancer. There is endless amounts of data to support that. Cats here chime in and say you're putting everybody's lives at risk because you have inexpensive springs and/or shocks... Don't act like Ricky Bobby in your 21 year old family sedan and the chances of that decrease DRAMATICALLY regardless of what suspension you are running.

Again I am mostly referring to the OP and the two choices of suspension he was interested in purchasing. Then everybody starts ripping him for even considering buying the shit... I don't understand that.

Comment

As i said previously i've heard decent talk of truhart components. And i agree that unless you're pushing your limits aswell as the car i don't see it killing you any different than other aftermarket suspensions and brake mods. I've had a tire come off at 60mph in a tbird tank of a car and my rear end snap in a curve in a fox which then the axle passed me up with the tire/wheel still attached i safely pulled to the side of the road in both occasions. You should know your limits aswell as the cars.

I do see why deev pushes what he does aswell.

02 Crv
                                02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                                92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                                Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Working...
                                X