Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

need help, torn between two wagons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help, torn between two wagons

I am currently in the prosses of buying a wagon, I have 2 to choose from
    1991, 140k miles, 5 speed, very clean, new paint, no body damage.
    its a dealer and is asking $5000

the other is
    1991, 170k miles, auto, decent shape, needs paint and some work
    its an owner asking $1800

I can afford both, but I dont know how much I would spend converting an automatic to manual, plus paint and all that it would be needed to get the cheap one up to par.

should I buy the manual car just for the convinience?

any estimates on what it costs to convert a automatic to manual?
    My MRT

140k miles on a 91 tells me one thing. It sat for a bit, and unless properly maintained during that period then you don't know what you're getting yourself into. I'm guessing it's a used car dealer not a big name dealer. I don't trust buying from a used dealer as they don't have any sort of warranties and they are just trying to make a buck. That's me though. If you have cash walk in with 3k cash and go pick apart things on it. Get detailed. Make an offer, whats the worst he could say? No?

Comment

Originally posted by #1_M.I._CARLOS View Post
      I
      Lol, smoking fat sacks of crack.

Comment

Originally posted by #1_M.I._CARLOS View Post
        I am currently in the prosses of buying a wagon, I have 2 to choose from
        1991, 140k miles, 5 speed, very clean, new paint, no body damage.

the other is
        1991, 170k miles, auto, decent shape, needs paint and some work
        its an owner asking $1800

I can afford both, but I dont know how much I would spend converting an automatic to manual, plus paint and all that it would be needed to get the cheap one up to par.

should I buy the manual car just for the convinience?

any estimates on what it costs to convert a automatic to manual?
        I would lean towards the 5speed, definitely look b4 you buy obviously, AND DON'T spend 5k an it. Low ball that shit.

BB6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200445<Summer Lover
        BD6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194262<Dailey/Future AutoX
        Mazda 6s->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201313<Wifes
        CB7->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189108<Sold

Comment

5 grand? no way! I don't care how clean it is. Just keep looking around and you WILL find an awesome deal. I will bet money on the fact that you can find a clean 5-speed wagon for under $2,000.

Comment

^ wat he said. Doesn't matter if u have 5k to spend on a car that was from the 90s, keep looking ull find one for cheap. I wouldn't spent no more than 2500 on a clean ass setup.
            **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
            Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
            Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Try to go for the 5 speed wagon, anything more than $3000 is a ripoff.
              $1500-2500 seems optimal.
              Current:
              2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
              1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
              1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

I would most defintely low ball that dealer. they are asking that price because they assume people would buy it and make the monthly payments.i suggest you walk in ther show you have interest in the car and tell them I will give you $3000 cash right now and im pretty sure they will accept it because that is quick money right there.

the other wagon is priced reasonable but your looking at at spending another 2500 on paint and 5 speed conversion parts more if you plan on having some shop do it

but the prices vary when getting parts to convert to 5 speed because it depends where you get them when I did my conversion on my first CB i spent about $700 for everything but to round up i would say $800 is what it costs to convert to 5 speed assuming you do all the labor

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
                "2SIIC"
                Authentic Jerseys for sale
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

Originally posted by BurtonRiderT6 View Post
                  140k miles on a 91 tells me one thing. It sat for a bit, and unless properly maintained during that period then you don't know what you're getting yourself into. I'm guessing it's a used car dealer not a big name dealer. I don't trust buying from a used dealer as they don't have any sort of warranties and they are just trying to make a buck. That's me though. If you have cash walk in with 3k cash and go pick apart things on it. Get detailed. Make an offer, whats the worst he could say? No?
                  That's not always true. My car 90 LX sedan. With only 122k miles when I bought it and it now has 153k miles and it's in great shape. However, it's not worth $5000. What I usually do and always work b/c you know they can't sell it at that price and no one is going to buy an old car like that other us members. So I would just bring $2000 with me, and show the sale guy what you only have and tell him, you'll pay that. If he says no, leave him your number and ask him to call if he still wants to take your offer. Probably about a week tops. The dealer loses money every day that car is not selling. They have to cut their losses some times.

Comment

ok so i took a trip to the dealer today
                    drove it checked it in and out ect
                    all in all car is so nice its crazy, engine drive so smooth and it well taken care of, same goes for the exterior

there was no ways i was ever gonna buy it for 5k my plan is to get it for 3k
                    they took off $1000 from the price after some easy haggling but its still too pricey, not to mention the other expenses that come with buying a car.

i tried not to look too eager as i test drove it

if i can get the car for 3k ill buy it other wise ill pass

another thought occurred.... accord lol

im planning on getting a h22a for my coupe sometime
                    maybe if i get the automatic wagon and when i get the h22 ill just put my manual f22 on the wagon

thoughts?
                    Last edited by #1_M.I._CARLOS; 06-09-2012, 10:07 PM.
                    My MRT

Comment

If it was me, I would get the auto, go lower on the price and just convert it. There are always parts at the JY and wrecked cars on craigslist.

Plus you will have the paint and body work freshly done.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                      JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Other option: don't buy either one, and wait for a better deal.

Comment

easier said than done

wagons are pretty rare here in TX even more on the market

ive maybe seen 3 since i started "tuning" about 7 years ago

and ive seen 2 for sale untill recently

chances are that i wont see another for a while that is why im trying to choose
                          My MRT

Comment

i would go for the auto... offer lower maybe 1300-1500 cash do the 5spd swap... then get the car painted the color YOU WANT IT... would be sweet

MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188701

Comment

I've also only seen 3 wagons in my lifetime and I owned 2 out the 3. Lol... I get a lot of stares, like I'm driving a porsche or something.
                              4000watts just so all the haters hear me comin!

Comment

Working...
                              X