Good idea for lifting a car?

discuss
    visit vgruk

i like those.I want a pair

Comment

So do i!
      visit vgruk

Comment

That really is pretty cool. I bet they're not terribly expensive, either. Not much different from jack stands, really.

Comment

Those r cool. But I still gotta have jack stands.
          **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
          Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
          Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

that is pretty neat and the first stage would be plenty high enough for me to do what i needed to. I need a jack that would lift it up that high first (especially since my jack finally just leaked enough fluid to be useless anymore, time for a new one)
            1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
            1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
            1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
            1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

yea i need a good jack because my fat ass cant really get under my car with the one i have
              visit vgruk

Comment

these are pretty much oil change ramps without the ramp section. unless something catastrophic happens and the welds/material fails, they should be just as stable as the car sitting on the ground. i kinda like it.

the only downside is you'd still have to have a set of jackstands to do anything with the wheels off.
                Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 12-12-2012, 03:18 AM.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

yea i was thinking that to. but i dont think our cars weigh that much
                  visit vgruk

Comment

That is damn nifty. Though it looks like quite a bit of work. There are only a few routine maintenance items that you can do with those though, and oil changes are the only one that needs done frequently. That's a lot of work for an oil change that only takes 15 minutes; plopping two jack stands under there with the jack on the front cross member is cake. You can't work on the brakes or suspension with these, which is the next most common maintenance item. They would be handy for clutch changes though, but probably not worth the expense.

I can see lots of utility if you work on a lot of cars in a shop or something doing misc. engine bay work all the time. It is also "universal"; not all vehicles can be jacked up via the front cross member like the CB chassis can (most can, though, ), but a quality low profile/high lift jack will takes care of this and is probably cheaper.

There's one thing that gets me: The wells for the tires/wheels don't look nearly deep enough to me. So long as the parking brake is functional and on, I suppose this isn't a huge problem. Dropping transmissions can get pretty rowdy, and this would only work if you didn't need to take off the axles (FF layout).

Not worth it for your regular cb7tuner member, IMO. Stick with a quality jack and at least one pair of jack stands.

Comment

yes, it is true that it would only be useful for oil changes and a few other things. for the most part if you have to take the wheels off, they are useless but I still like it.

while we are talking about lifting a car, anyone got suggestions for a good quality jack? (that's not going to cost too much but won't brake)

Comment

craftman?
                        visit vgruk

Comment

I just looked at those. some people got good products, others said it didn't even last long enough to lift the car 3 times :/ don't know if it's worth $60 if i end up getting a defective one that won't lift my car more then 3 times...........

Comment

Have harbor freight both low pro aluminum and heavier duty low pro all steel
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

^^ yessss I got the low pro that's in blue. But the new ones now come with the foam pad for the pole. Mins didn't..and I don't no where 2 go to get 1. I would like one.

I even stull have the box. I keep it in there.

Do you know where I can buy the foam pad for the pole?
                              **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                              Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                              Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Working...
                              X