Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Can a CB7 match an Integra?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can a CB7 match an Integra?

I just went for my first ride in a friends integra with a new suspension setup ( new bushings, h&r oe sport springs and Gabriel? shocks) keep in mind this was my first ride in ANY car where the driver was absolutely beating the crap out of it and I was honestly amazed so my question is can a cb7 with equal mods handle just as well if not better than an integra? I know its a very broad question but im not sure how else to ask it. His car seemed to hang so well through the twisty roads whereas mine could never do anything like that right now.
    Looking for a new CB. Sell me yours!

I don't see a CB being as nimble as an Integra. Accords are family cars to begin with, Integra were always more sportier.

Comment

Originally posted by HardInThePaint View Post
      I don't see a CB being as nimble as an Integra. Accords are family cars to begin with, Integra were always more sportier.
      Thats what i thought too but I figured itd be worth asking anyway. Guess I need to save up now...

Comment

If you dump a few thousand in suspension into a cb7, it will handle better then a stock or lightly modified integra.

Same goes for the integra. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
          If you dump a few thousand in suspension into a cb7, it will handle better then a stock or lightly modified integra.

Same goes for the integra. lol
          Well I meant it as in would a cb7 with basically the same suspension setup corner as well or at least near as well as one.

Comment

Gabriel shocks are shit.

Anyway, a CB7 can be made to handle quite well... but it is a heavier chassis than the Integra, and there are fewer serious performance options available. We have a fair amount, considering the relative absence of our cars from serious competition, but Civics and Integras have far more options in terms of serious suspension parts.
            With comparable suspension components and tires, I'd say that it could be close enough to come down to driver ability alone in most cases. The lighter car will always have the advantage, but the CB's suspension design is decent.

Comment

Originally posted by MrTShoff View Post
              Well I meant it as in would a cb7 with basically the same suspension setup corner as well or at least near as well as one.
              no.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                Gabriel shocks are shit.

Anyway, a CB7 can be made to handle quite well... but it is a heavier chassis than the Integra, and there are fewer serious performance options available. We have a fair amount, considering the relative absence of our cars from serious competition, but Civics and Integras have far more options in terms of serious suspension parts.
                With comparable suspension components and tires, I'd say that it could be close enough to come down to driver ability alone in most cases. The lighter car will always have the advantage, but the CB's suspension design is decent.
                Besides the Gabriel shocks are shit comment thats the exact answer I was looking for. If I stripped my sedan and took my sound system out after my suspension mods I could probably start to close the gap even more considering his is full weight. Guess it would be best to do the 5 speed swap though considering I have no real interest in going fast in just a straight line.

Comment

Well, you seemed to be impressed by his setup, so I wanted to inform you that those are budget stock replacement garbage shocks... not worth wasting money on, unless you're trying to flip a car for a profit to some sucker.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    Well, you seemed to be impressed by his setup, so I wanted to inform you that those are budget stock replacement garbage shocks... not worth wasting money on, unless you're trying to flip a car for a profit to some sucker.
                    I was very impressed actually keep in mind I have only owned accords my whole driving career thus far. None of which were modified in any until my current one but so far its only been visual stuff. Im trying to take the fact that I really dont know anything suspension-wise into account but I really did think that car handled great.

Comment

Is your car lowered MrTShoff?

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
                      I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

Originally posted by Ander View Post
                        Is your car lowered MrTShoff?
                        Nope. Bone stock everything but lip, paint, and sound system.

Comment

Slam it to the ground (safely) and you're good to go.

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
                          I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

Originally posted by Ander View Post
                            Slam it to the ground (safely) and you're good to go.
                            That would be a terrible idea for the roads here. I do want a nice spring and shock combo though like maybe the koni str.t and some h&r springs because im not really into the "hellaflush" look personally. I just want a more aggressive slightly lower than stock look while still being able to hang with my integra and civic buddies in the turns.

Comment

Originally posted by MrTShoff View Post
                              That would be a terrible idea for the roads here. I do want a nice spring and shock combo though like maybe the koni str.t and some h&r springs because im not really into the "hellaflush" look personally.
                              Nobody suggested to go hellaflush. He was just telling you to lower the car so you can take these turns you and your homies like speeding around for whatever reason.

Comment

Working...
                              X