Calling all K-swapped CB7 owners, i need swap advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling all K-swapped CB7 owners, i need swap advice

im planning to do a k-swap to my dd and move the all-motor f-series over to my light weight DX coupe. i need help on what axles i need, wiring, fuel system layout and what ever else i'll need to get it running and reliable. i have two options right now. i have a chance to buy a accord complete longblock that came from a car that overheated and a complete long block that cam from an 08 civic si that had low oil pressure. i can either buy both of those for $700 and build from scratch or order a whole k24a2 from h-motors, slap in some kelford 179-A's with a nice swap header and kpro. im just looking for a large displacement engine that can mimic all the joys of using torque to tool around and add some mpg's to it. the f23a no-tec gets 27mpg cty/34mpg hwy but i think the I-vtec with a 6spd will offer up better while maintaining similar power.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

That is 2 completely different options right there.

On one hand is a complete build from the bare block on up with machining the head and block (both of which might be damaged beyond repair because of the issues you stated) and all of the necessary bearings/seals etc. but you get a fresh motor and the opportunity to drop in higher-performance internals. Keep in mind an engine build ALWAYS costs more than you think.

On the other hand, you have a motor that is ready to be slapped in with little more than some preventative maintenance and might cost about the same or a bit less than the built motor.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Start talking to the guys from hybrid racing and maybe ktuned...I know from the little bit of research I have done, is that hybrid racing makes mounts for the cb7 chassis but only for the k24. but they will have a swap harness for you axles and basically a whole swap kit.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack93prj View Post
        Start talking to the guys from hybrid racing and maybe ktuned...I know from the little bit of research I have done, is that hybrid racing makes mounts for the cb7 chassis but only for the k24. but they will have a swap harness for you axles and basically a whole swap kit.

HASPORT was the company I was thinking of...this link will help your research

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=89970

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
          That is 2 completely different options right there.

On one hand is a complete build from the bare block on up with machining the head and block (both of which might be damaged beyond repair because of the issues you stated) and all of the necessary bearings/seals etc. but you get a fresh motor and the opportunity to drop in higher-performance internals. Keep in mind an engine build ALWAYS costs more than you think.

On the other hand, you have a motor that is ready to be slapped in with little more than some preventative maintenance and might cost about the same or a bit less than the built motor.
          this was my problem, built motor could offer more power and still be reliable but i would also more than likely have to hunt down spare parts. the one from h-motors is bolt in and go but the engine is unknown internally. as far as building engines and cost, ive been there on multiple accounts so im fully aware of my budget, lol.

i've emailed hybrid racing a few times and all they do is email me a swap guide for eg/dc2 k-swaps. k-tuned was about the same with a little better customer service.

HASPORT was the company I was thinking of...this link will help your research

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=89970
          thats scott's build, his swap was using a crv block which i dont know how different that is. hasport handled his whole swap and i'm waiting on an email back from them now to see if i can get anywhere with their customer services.

Comment

In the comments on the YouTube video, the guy recording says--

You can download instructions from the Hasport website for the 90-93 Accord K-series installation.
            Last edited by STREET-SPEC; 01-21-2014, 08:04 PM.

Comment

As far as I know, Hasport still sells the mounts and axles for the K-Swaps. Beyond that you're just locating the engine, header, transmission, and wiring harness.

You know you're going to drop off the N/A list right.....
              '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
              If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

K swapped DD is bad juju especially down here in NC... pretty sure they havent figured out AC/PS

Just buy a 7th gen it will cost the same and have no headaches

Originally posted by lordoja
                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Rywire sells a complete cb7 k-series swap harness for $599

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                  Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                  'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                  Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

well im looking at $650 for the two engines now. im going to open up the k20z head and if nothing looks damaged im going to get it. rods, pistons, gaskets, bearings, water pump, head studs, cams and intake manifold should be under 3k for sure, plus i can buy the endyne s2k oil pump kit and not have to worry about cavitation above 8k. since i have to buy the fuel system, header, wiring and kpro anyways i still think i'll come out on top. then i can look in the junkyard and pick up a k-series a/c compressor and p/s pump with brackets. im still trying to figure out the whole axles thing. i cant find out where to get them and how much. hasport says they have them but they're not listed on their website.

Comment

Originally posted by jdm92_accorn View Post
                      well im looking at $650 for the two engines now. im going to open up the k20z head and if nothing looks damaged im going to get it. rods, pistons, gaskets, bearings, water pump, head studs, cams and intake manifold should be under 3k for sure, plus i can buy the endyne s2k oil pump kit and not have to worry about cavitation above 8k. since i have to buy the fuel system, header, wiring and kpro anyways i still think i'll come out on top. then i can look in the junkyard and pick up a k-series a/c compressor and p/s pump with brackets. im still trying to figure out the whole axles thing. i cant find out where to get them and how much. hasport says they have them but they're not listed on their website.
                      There are a zillion driveshaft shops in the country. Measure, measure twice(lol) and have some custom axles built. My thoughts anyways. You can do it. If you can build an engine, you can measure out axles and have some custom fabbed.

I have had great luck with Drive shaft shop axles.

http://www.driveshaftshop.com/axle-measurement

Pretty straight forward.
                      Originally posted by wed3k
                      im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

i priced some out local, they said $900 but they would only be as good as stock axles. stock axles are at their limit now with the f23.

Comment

Originally posted by jdm92_accorn View Post
                          i priced some out local, they said $900 but they would only be as good as stock axles. stock axles are at their limit now with the f23.
                          $900 from driveshaftshop = damn near unbreakable custom axles.

Email them. They make nice stuff. People that break gator axles often times end up going with driveshaftshop.

They are legit. Pricey, but, legit none-the-less
                          Originally posted by wed3k
                          im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

I like rywire, they have nice stuff but damn that's some expensive wiring... I should make a DIY thread on wiring, but I'm lazy.

I'm in for updates on this one.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I feel like yet again I will be doing work and sharing how to make something easier like I did with how to get power from the f-series. I wish just once someone else would do it for me, lol. Well k-swap is a maybe this year depending on how well the f-series goes. If nothing else ill do the f this year and buy the k stuff and just pace myself this year getting the engine together. Then next year focus on the swap.

Comment

Working...
                              X