Reversed Head H22's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 9DUBWISE View Post
    Go ahead and add tuning costs. Btw most race car motors have to be rebuilt after every race. Performance in one hand and reliability in the other. Good luck. I would like to see it get done. Dont get discouraged. Subscribed!!! Keep brain storming!
    LOL oh dear god the bills keep racking up

$7000 for a weekend road racer ($200 for the tune)

but hey do it because even its ALOT of money and time....alot...it has the potental to be one of the fastest nitrous cb's of all time!

Comment

Right on Bro. Less waste of money. Btw kick ass whip man.
      http://WWW.DUBWISE.NET

My Job!

9DUBWISE 92 LXhttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=142580

RHD ITR conversionhttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=172577

Comment

Originally posted by cb7_with_snail View Post
        dont be mad because im am showing you falts in this.
        nobody cares lol. It wont cost as much as you are saying it will. you have no idea what you are talking about. the swap has been done before. at much less cost then you are stating. you are a noob. your cost figures are severly inflated.
        you also have no idea how much power the setup will make. 190 hp?
        with high comps and itbs? Ok man. whatever you say.

Anyways Mike keep up the good work!

Comment

flip your head = $2000 = 180hp (still...)
          get some itbs = $1800 = 200hp (never the less nice!)
          custom ram air box = $1000 = 210hp (guessing)
          order high comp parts = $2000 = 300hp (thanks for the reminder!)
          +
          ________
          $6800 for what exactly? (im confused)

now park her and only take her out on the weekends and well...when its not raining and FORGET about the snow...
          Those prices seem completely un-realistic except maybe for the ITB's. I mean there's a damn minivan rocking this setup for a street application. I'll give you that it's not as easy or as cheap as other setups, I completely agree, but your prices sound like you're paying for someone to do everything. Building it in your garage would be a hell of a lot cheaper.

I never said 300 was what anybody would be shooting for, that's the power the JTCC and BTCC cars put out. Why would rain be rules out? Those cars raced in the rain all the time. Now snow, probably not a good idea, but I live in Florida so snow didn't exactly come to mind.

I'm not trying to turn this into a debate. I started the thread with the idea of introducing the idea to the forum. I may have gotten a little hot headed earlier, and yeah, I'd love to use this setup in my own car (impractical? Hell yeah) but it's one of the most unique setups here. I'm big on racing so anything that has a racing heritage that's even possible to work in our cars is awesome. Just go with the idea...

Whenever I buy an H22, this will be the setup that I'm going to try and build.
          Last edited by Mike1357; 10-13-2010, 09:18 PM.

Comment

you obviously have not done your research. and just because you have more posts than some one does not mean your always right. go a head and find the sites of everything you will need. THEN come here and cut and paste (ill pm you and tell you how to do that btw) and when you get almost HALF way done with your post and you flush and get mad and erase it because you have already gone over what i stated...well dont cry. i didnt want to turn this into a cock fight but noobs must be put in your place. i have already priced out almost everything because as soon as i saw this i thought "hey cool". but when you post the prices up here ill retaliate buy posting even cheaper prices and STILL go over the 6000$ limit i stated.

here is a little head start princess. dont be shy its your list
            Basic Process List:
            *Possibly a new crankshaft.
            *"Neil Brown" head gasket is needed for the reversal.
            *Modify camshafts to fit in the head backwards and to use a smaller cam seal.
            *Reroute the high pressure oil line for lubricating the cams.
            *Insulate oil lines since they will be located in the area of where the header would be located.
            *Relocate oil filter.
            *Run oil lines so that VTEC can engage properly (possibly the most difficult part).
            *Use another system for fuel ignition since the distributor has clearance issues with the thermostat housing.
            *Possibly ITB setup and custom header.

Comment

dont be mad because im am showing you falts in this.
              How can you call them faults? Just because you think it's silly, and just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it is "faulty."
              Originally posted by sweet91accord
              if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

you obviously have not done your research. and just because you have more posts than some one does not mean your always right. go a head and find the sites of everything you will need. THEN come here and cut and paste (ill pm you and tell you how to do that btw) and when you get almost HALF way done with your post and you flush and get mad and erase it because you have already gone over what i stated...well dont cry. i didnt want to turn this into a cock fight but noobs must be put in your place. i have already priced out almost everything because as soon as i saw this i thought "hey cool". but when you post the prices up here ill retaliate buy posting even cheaper prices and STILL go over the 6000$ limit i stated.

here is a little head start princess. dont be shy its your list
                Basic Process List:
                *Insulate oil lines since they will be located in the area of where the header would be located.
                *Relocate oil filter.
                *Run oil lines so that VTEC can engage properly (possibly the most difficult part).
                *Use another system for fuel ignition since the distributor has clearance issues with the thermostat housing.

My Members Ride Thread
                Originally posted by deevergote
                You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

cb7_with_snail, Who really gives a flying fuck about your opinion? I certainly don't and you are acting quite noobish. This was just an idea thrown out to us, yes it is expensive to do but so is properly boosting a H22.

Rip It Up
                  Sold to: nightime25, MyDianaz06, Accord214 and 408cb7

Bought from:Rob_is_Legend, MonoCB7, Fatboy1185, Flatline and busak87

i vouch for my Brothas

Comment

All I know is by the time you spend the money to get this thing working you could have had an inferior K24 swap for waaaaaay less dough and it's basically the same idea.

Comment

Originally posted by SleepyG View Post
                      All I know is by the time you spend the money to get this thing working you could have had an inferior K24 swap for waaaaaay less dough and it's basically the same idea.
                      yeah that is true. I would love to see what The reverse head H22 really does! It could be a poor mans K-swap alternative! :P

Rip It Up
                      Sold to: nightime25, MyDianaz06, Accord214 and 408cb7

Bought from:Rob_is_Legend, MonoCB7, Fatboy1185, Flatline and busak87

i vouch for my Brothas

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
                        I was recently introduced to the idea of the reversed head H22's that used to be utilized in the JTCC and BTCC CD Accords. Has anyone done a reversed head swap in a CB? I know there's an Odyssey out there with the swap, but will it fit and work in a CB? It's definitely got pros in that your intake temps are almost 30 degrees cooler and makes ITB setups a lot easier considering the confines of our engine bays. Obviously a custom header and I believe an external coil setup is needed, but I figured if it works in a CB, it would be the direction I'm going in when I get a hold of an H22.
                        Pics to give you guys an idea of what I'm talking about:

Basic Process List:
                        *Relocate oil filter.
                        OKAY, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To those who have posted off topic, start your own thread. PERIOD.

Show me in the above quote where it asks for your opinion.

There were two questions asked:

1. Has anyone done a reversed head swap in a CB?

2. I know there's an Odyssey out there with the swap, but will it fit and work in a CB?

IF you CAN'T answer any of those questions, keep your comments to yourself.

IF you don't have additional information on the OPs topic, don't post.

It's obvious the OP wants info on a build like this and is set on doing it. I am so tired of reading posts that have nothing to do with the thread.

I have an idea, why not start your own thread asking peoples opinions on such a build.

To the OP, I have contacted the original engine builder and will be getting some more info as well as part prices.
                        Last edited by djcaz_aom; 10-13-2010, 11:08 PM.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                        JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Originally posted by djcaz_aom View Post
                          OKAY, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To those who have posted off topic, start your own thread. PERIOD.

Show me in the above quote where it asks for your opinion.

There were two questions asked:

1. Has anyone done a reversed head swap in a CB?

2. I know there's an Odyssey out there with the swap, but will it fit and work in a CB?

IF you CAN'T answer any of those questions, keep your comments to yourself.

IF you don't have additional information on the OPs topic, don't post.

It's obvious the OP wants info on a build like this and is set on doing it. I am so tired of reading posts that have nothing to do with the thread.

I have an idea, why not start your own thread asking peoples opinions on such a build.

To the OP, I have contacted the original engine builder and will be getting some more info as well as part prices.
                          yo dj...can you picture this setup on our wagons?!....man i just jizzed in my pants!!!i know its beyond my dreams but man...its a nice thing to try out...just imagine,cb9...h22 with reversed head and itbs..man...now that would be one sweet sweet cb9!...

Comment

You sir are a mind reader. You know I have an extra H just sitting around...

Comment

Originally posted by djcaz_aom View Post
                              You sir are a mind reader. You know I have an extra H just sitting around...
                              ok, i had this well worded response, but my computer fucked up and i lost it. the key point was that if you really want to run a reverse-head h22 just to be different from everybody else, be prepared to run the x-trac transmission it was designed to work because no other honda transmission will work, they all spin the wrong direction. also be prepared to pay the $6-10,000 for said transmission.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                              Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                              'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                              Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Who says I don't have one laying around...hehehe

Comment

Working...
                                X