alternator plug de pin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alternator plug de pin

Anyone know how to de pin the alternator plug? Been messing with it for a while just not sure if it seperates like the other plugs. Not sure if it has like a retaining clip on the inside like the other plugs (white pieces) so i can de pin each wire. The back piece is a solid piece of rubber so trchincally i dont srr how you could remove a wire at a time. Ive trying prying the rubber piece out but its in there pretty good. Just wanna make sure im attempting in the right spot. Would rather not cut it either. Tried searching obd1 alternator plug de pin with no luck.

Thanks!
    93 Honda Accord Lx
    Check it out A.O.M. 11/2014

Usually the rubber plug is slightly glued to the wires. So you have to depin them and work wires and rubber out together. There are a few other plugs like this on the car. After just doing a wire tuck, I don't really want to depin any more Honda plugs, some of them are a downright pain in the ass to depin.
    MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

I plan to mess with my car this weekend and I have a spare Alternator plug that I will play with and see if I can shine any light on the situation for you.
      ~Nick~
      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
      MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Ok so I posted it on the facebook page as well. I was told that the rubber piece gas to come out first and you de pin the wires from the back and not the front like the other plugs.

Gonna attempt it soon been too busy to mess with my harness lately but I'll update when I figure it out.
        93 Honda Accord Lx

Comment

I'll try and double check this weekend as well. I have a few extra alternator plugs laying around.
          MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
            I'll try and double check this weekend as well. I have a few extra alternator plugs laying around.
            Thanks man, come to find out I'm gonna have to extend the wires anyways :/.

Here's a pic of my current harness waiting to cover the big spot then extend the alternator wires and call it a done.

93 Honda Accord Lx

Comment

Working...
            X