*Official Digital Camera Info Thread*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hahaha i got a sony cybershot 3.2....it does the job

i wish i was experience in photography enough to own a nice canon and really do some stuff like Anzkid and shit........

Comment

i've got a Fujifilm S5200 Digital SLR like body style. it had great features for being just a 5.1megapixal camera. i think i bought it for a little under 300 after over night shipping.

this camera uses the new xD format so i had to run out and grab a 1gig card at Circuit City because they had that particular format and size that i wanted on sale that week.

for a while i was bike riding in this county park and so i would bring it along to capture birds deers and other animals around the wetlands. although after biking my heart was pumping so i think i need to get a tripod to keep my camera steady.

Comment

haha wow nicely put, that post is full of quotables.

To call someone ignorant because you disagree with their opinion in my opinion makes them ignorant and naive.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
        "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
        "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda
          Wowww .. who pissed in your cornflakes?

#1 .. After almost 30 years behind the lens myself, and having used every format
          that you've mentioned, along with a few others I might add .. and with established clients
          such as Olgivy/Mather, Fawcett McDermot, and J.Walter Thompson, just to name a few ..
          I would hope, give you a better understanding of my background .. as a professional!

#2 Photo would be the American spelling .. however, if you've ever spent time
          in Europe, which I highly doubt .. you would know for a fact that Europeans spell it as, Foto.

Seeing as how I was listing some of Ian Cameron's stunning images that were made with a 6X7,
          and being that he lives .. well .. you know .. over there .. on the other side of the World ..
          Well .. I think you get my point ..

This debate has gone on since digital has arrived .. and I guess, will continue to till time ends!
          However, calling me "ignorant" is I guess, your *opinion* .. and you're more then welcome
          to any one, or a baker's dozen of them should you prefer ..

I'd like to also add that me not "being aware of today's standards" (to quote you)
          is errrr, how do I put this .. ummm, an ignorant statement for you to make .. lol!
          So you base the fact that I'm ignorant because I dont know the standards of today?
          How do you know that? Because in your mind I mis-spelled Foto? Geeez duude ..

Might I suggest an earlier evening tonight so that you may gain more valuable rest, or perhaps
          a quick stop to your local red-light district to well, you know .. relieve some stress?

Being that I said, "This is one reason I believe digital will never replace film" is of course,
          my opionon .. and correct me if I'm wrong but errr, we are in America, no?
          So then, I would assume that I am also entitled to my own opinion ..

No need to call anyone ignorant .. after all, not only do we both own Accords and, well
          come here to network but, heyyy .. we're both (and I'll spell it correct for you) Photographers!
          Imagine that .. on the other hand .. if you've never seen Photo spelled as Foto ..

Well .. I rest my case !!!
          Tomi
          Photoshop is spelled Photoshop REGARLDESS of where you live. Check Adobe's website if you don't believe me. The term "foto-shop" or "photos shop" does not refer to post production in any way.

As for ignorant, I didn't mean it in a disrespectful way. Instead I meant in it's true meaning.

ig‧no‧rant  /ˈɪgnərənt/ Pronunciation Key - Pronunciation[ig-ner-uhnt] –adjective

3. uninformed; unaware.

As for being in America, sorry. I'm Canadian.

Regardless, I challenge you to use high end digital equipment before knocking it.

www.aznkid.com

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
            To call someone ignorant because you disagree with their opinion in my opinion makes them ignorant and naive.
            once again, ignorant in the sense of "uninformed" and not "stupid" as most people think of it.

www.aznkid.com

Comment

If you read his exif data, he uses ND filters
              Since when does EXIF data show use of filters?

www.aznkid.com

Comment

Originally posted by deckeda
                Shooters who primarily live on the net gotta have digital.
                Therein lies the only reason I'm considering digital .. I belong to atleast a dozen
                online forums .. and some folks have some kewl ass avi's or, wanna see something fast and now ..
                I would never consider making digital images for my clientele, unless of course, they demanded it ..
                then, I would need a nice DSLR .. and so far, no one has "demanded" it.
                Matter a fact .. I've had some clients say they thought I was using digital .. before I told them
                that I wasn't .. albeit not the brightest models or brides .. but errr .. least they were .. "surprized".

I simply want something for the internet, I also want something that I can whip out really fast
                at the golf course during those really awesome sunsets, or when a herd of deer go romping by,
                orrrrr, when that Hawk lands mere feet away from me .. etc .. etc ..

I cant lug around 75 lbs of 6X7 equipment in hopes that I can be that fast with it ..
                not to mention .. My 6X7 equipment makes money for me. Therefore, I go to great lengths
                to keep all 7 bodies and 12 lenses, along with 3 Metz 60CT strobes .. clean, safe, and dry!

It's simply an expensive pain in the ass to always convert from film, and with poor results likely.
                True, but depending on the exposed negative or transparency, one could attain spectacular results!

Shooters who primarily like to share large images for presentation
                either shoot slides or don't care what they look like --- you'd go broke in a digital system and projector
                trying to capture the quality of slides.
                My home-made 3 foot by 2 foot light-box and 8x lupe, come in reeeeaal handy!

Most amateurs don't ask themselves what they will be shooting, and so
                let the camera type effectively decide for them.
                Very true .. more then camera make or type tho .. I think they place more emphasis on price!

I don't think there's a perfect way. Digital is great because of online,
                but a computer screen won't have the resolution that paper offers.
                Thanks .. nothing could be truer!

And even with a laptop, pictures aren't really as portable. With digital,
                we've both gained and lost something.
                I agree .. however, digital is still in it's infant stages .. They're really taking baby steps and asking us ..
                the guinea pigs .. to test everything for them .. then .. in 6 months
                they come out with another *hot* digital camera, and wait til we've satisfied them with what they built,
                only to build and incorporate something else in a newer model .. ug ..

A Hui Hou !!!
                Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Originally posted by aznkid.com
                  Photoshop is spelled Photoshop REGARLDESS of where you live. Check Adobe's website if you don't believe me. The term "foto-shop" or "photos shop" does not refer to post production in any way.

As for ignorant, I didn't mean it in a disrespectful way. Instead I meant in it's true meaning.

ig‧no‧rant  /ˈɪgnərənt/ Pronunciation Key - Pronunciation[ig-ner-uhnt] –adjective

3. uninformed; unaware.

As for being in America, sorry. I'm Canadian.

Regardless, I challenge you to use high end digital equipment before knocking it.
                  Oh boy .. ok .. no more internet shorthand lol .. I promise .. and so, you're Canadian ..
                  No need to apologize .. but, if you feel the need ......
                  Originally posted by aznkid.com
                  Since when does EXIF data show use of filters?
                  Oi vay .. I didint mean .. ohhhh, nevermind .. lol .. whew dude .. dont be so errr.. literal!
                  I'll watch how I say .. what I say around you in the future .. I assure you .. man o man!

My God!
                  Tomi
                  Last edited by PakaloloHonda; 10-24-2006, 06:13 PM.

Comment

ok fair enough let thine camera talk continue

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
                      ok fair enough let thine camera talk continue
                      Hahahaa.. ya .. I agree ..

Man, I'm finding more and more links to way cool forums and people who shoot with
                      the Canon S3 .. and also the a630 .. I'm really torn between these 2 cameras ..

Everything I click on seems to be a630 and or S3 related .. very interesting ..

This place rocks also .....
                      http://photo.net/bboard/q-and-a?topi...category=Canon

A Hui Hou !!!
                      Tomi

Comment

Holy Crap .. I Am Impresed .. !!!!!!

These are images from a Canon S3 that I found ..
                        http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=622489

The photographer says ..
                        "All of these shots were hand-held in relatively dim light, at 400 ISO. No noise reduction has been applied,
                        beyond what is applied in-camera. I have been pleasantly surprised at the capabilities of the S3-IS,
                        especially the image- stabilization feature. It works as advertised.
                        Each of the six shots were taken at 1/15 and 1/60 of a second"

Unreal !!!
                        Tomi

Comment

id reccommend for you, to at LEAST spring for the S3, I mean from what your coming from I dont think anything less than a Rebel would comfort your needs imo, your gonna miss interchangable lense system, flexibility and the SLR.

Comment

Here a few samples of why I feel digital will never replace film.
                            http://www.pbase.com/cameras/pentax/67_ii
                            It's the same camera I work with .. however, this guy has a bit more free time on his hands
                            then I will ever have .. and quite an eye for landscapes.

EDIT: You know .. I just realized that whenever you click on that link, it takes you to random shots .. so,
                            what I did was link you here to a few amazing shots that I consider .. well ... if I never told you ..
                            I'm sure you would believe these were digital .. feast your eyes ..
                            http://www.pbase.com/image/65603759
                            http://www.pbase.com/image/67921916
                            http://www.pbase.com/image/66058720
                            http://www.pbase.com/image/66080598
                            http://www.pbase.com/image/65604290
                            There are tons more ... simply click on the link I provided in this post .. and let it be known,
                            Ian Cameron doesnt use foto-shop .. its a no no to him ..

Be Prepared !!!
                            Tomi
                            sick shots....

this is why i think digital is well on its way to replacing film
                            www.wildthingsphotography.com

"Tucking tires and wires."
                            The Chronicles.

Comment

we seriously need a photo forum if deev needs mods im sure people will step up in fact ill even step up however... i agree that dont go looking for the best cam expecting the best results... its all in the user.. only upgrade when u feel its absolutely necesary..

"Tucking tires and wires."
                              The Chronicles.

Comment

i agree.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
                                X