No announcement yet.

rubycoupe : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking pretty good! Going back to look at when you started in December, it seems like you just missed out on the Vibrant header group buy we did.

Let us know how the tuning session goes.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Yeah the vibrant unit would've been nice, timing is everything with builds. Maybe an opportunity to snag something better will present itself down the road. Thanks for commenting, I'm looking to clean the bay up in the future as well the list goes on.

Comment

Ceelooboob is the man, you keep letting him drive your car so he gets the itch + builds another CB Awesome progress, keep it up

Comment

Looks like a pretty smooth swap. Kudos!
          http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Tuned! Long post ahead...

Hey everybody, as i stated i had an appointment to get my car tuned well got it done! I started my day with picking up my car from the fabrication shop where my new header was being installed and a new exhaust ran to the axle back. Im really satisfied with how this turned out. They used 2.5 inch piping all the way back where its bottlenecked a bit to the yonaka muffler. Overall the ground clearance is phenomenal now a real clean set up which sounds just right in my opinion.

So off i went to Xenocron for a tune, my tuner Chris Harris was a real nice guy and very knowledgable, i would recommend him. The car feels much smoother and powerful everywhere as i imagined the difference would be. Im not 100% happy with the numbers my set up produced but at least its buttoned up for now and i can improve upon it down the road. After all they're only numbers I really want to just go beat on it at the drag strip, (coming soon). Was really shooting for 200+ whp but fell a bit short, tuner said I fell short of where it could be likely due to all the drag of my accessories on the engine. I still have functioning a/c and power steering. He also thinks I can be off a tooth on the timing side of the engine. I followed the factory procedure when putting everything back together but it could be a possibility. On the dyno I had my ram air over the cross member, and it was tuned for that intake, I noticed at certain rpm's on the way home with the stock accord intake that part throttle is a bit finicky I'm heading back tuesday with my regular short ram (yes i have 3 intakes) to have it smoothed out as ill be driving the car mostly with this setup. Here's a pic of my car on the dyno and a graph of my numbers.

Finally I got my Injen prelude short ram to fit in my engine bay. To do so I grinded down on the abs pump in the upper left corner and I went from a 26 series battery to a 24 series. Overall a smaller size and it doesn't sacrifice many cold cranking amps. It fit perfectly in the stock battery tray and I used a universal battery hold down to secure it along with a new negative cable. I was stoked something went according to plan. Also my bionic biceps tell me this battery weights a couple of lbs less then the factory size unit possibly 5+lbs win win win Here's a size reference picture if any want to consider doing the same...

And I finally cleaned up some un covered wiring with electrical tape, and removed some deteriorated ac line protection material. The bay is looking like this currently.

Thats all for now 1/4 mile times to come soon... I may go race in the bracket class at Honda Day in August.

Comment

Working...
            X