Thrown In Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thrown In Park

WTF I was just driving my car..... talkin to my boy going about 2 MILES PER HOUR And my BITCH THROWS IT IN PARK!!!! WTF IS WRONG WIT HER!!!!!

So anyway someone pleaese tell me nutin is going to happen or how much damage?? I was going 2 mph it made a grind noise for a second so waht can hapen? It rides ok but u know in the future..

There is a protection built in to the automatics that prevents it from being damaged if it's thrown into park while the car is moving. Unless you make it a habit to do this on a regular basis, it will be okay. You should always be stopped when shifting into park (obviously) and pull up the parking brake after you park to save the engine mounts.

The ratcheting you heard was the parking pawl trying to engage inside the transmission. A snap or crack...with the car no longer holding still in Park would mean you damaged something.
    Last edited by xaxis360; 06-04-2005, 01:01 AM.

Comment

cool thakns i feel a lot better...

Comment

hmm sorry i soldm y 91 accord i got a 92 civic so is that the same thing I guess so right? most cars?

Comment

Man I really feel like back handin this girl........

Comment

Due to the low speed, there should not be tranny damage, but dont let happen again.

Comment

Originally posted by fac90
              Due to the low speed, there should not be tranny damage, but dont let happen again.
              If it happens again....open up the passenger's door, unbuckle her, and kick her out on the side of the road. Why would someone even do that to someone else's car!? Some people just don't show any respect!

Midwest car club

Current rides:
              91 accord lx (5spd)
              92 accord lx (5spd)
              93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

females

Comment

Solution: get a new girl.

"Sticker this, censor this, ban this
                  We got something to say!
                  Police this, condemn this, damn this
                  We'll be heard anyway!
                  Middle finger is the flag that I wave when I'm silenced!" - MuDvAyNe, "Silenced"

Comment

Originally posted by xaxis360
                    There is a protection built in to the automatics that prevents it from being damaged if it's thrown into park while the car is moving. Unless you make it a habit to do this on a regular basis, it will be okay. You should always be stopped when shifting into park (obviously) and pull up the parking brake after you park to save the engine mounts.

The ratcheting you heard was the parking pawl trying to engage inside the transmission. A snap or crack...with the car no longer holding still in Park would mean you damaged something.
                    This brings up a related issue: When the car is parked on an incline and the e-brake is not set, a "clunking" sound will be made when shifting out of Park. Can persistent failure of using the e-brake while parking on hill cause tranny damage? Sometimes, the e-brake doesn't hold the car enough on a hill to stop full engagement in Park.

Comment

Originally posted by evol90accord
                      Solution: get a new girl.
                      That'll work ^

Midwest car club

Current rides:
                      91 accord lx (5spd)
                      92 accord lx (5spd)
                      93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

i had a similar inccident with a girl and a car i was gonna check the fuel filter on my car(it was old ) and i told her to rev it up a lil but dont press on the gas all the way so i'm standing up by the engine bay looking at the fuel filter and she steps on it i'm talking like 5000 rpm or so (the engine is a 1975 slant six) and 5000 is really high, i was so pissed off i went over to the door and was like wtf she was like o oops, even though the car is wrecked now i'm still really pissed off that stupid whore

chicks(some) and cars dont mix
                        My Ride17.34 @ 78mph with 260k on her

Comment

Originally posted by John Conner18
                          i had a similar inccident with a girl and a car i was gonna check the fuel filter on my car(it was old ) and i told her to rev it up a lil but dont press on the gas all the way so i'm standing up by the engine bay looking at the fuel filter and she steps on it i'm talking like 5000 rpm or so (the engine is a 1975 slant six) and 5000 is really high, i was so pissed off i went over to the door and was like wtf she was like o oops, even though the car is wrecked now i'm still really pissed off that stupid whore

chicks(some) and cars dont mix
                          dannng, "oops" id fucking smack that smirk off her face, lol.

but i remmeber that we changed the suspensioin in the camry and left bleeding the brakes for another day. my dad decides to go test drives it...comes to an intersection. he find out there are no brakes and throw that shit into park, lol.

this was from 15+ miles an hour, so it obviously locked up the tires.
                          after and drain and a fill, it works fine.
                          not sure sure about honda auto's though cuz they blow.
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

ahh wlel Iam not going to this car any longer.. I had a accord now a civic.... Its 92 civic with 35,xxx miles on it.. {retty young huh? Gotit off a old lady.. iam about to get $5000 for it.... Iam getting a motorcycle.... Wlel thanks for the replies..

Comment

xaxis360 is correct..
                              Anyway.. if it does go to the parking while car is moving..

Part #14 - Stopper, Parking Brake

Anything that is related to Part #14 will have problem. (including the gears)
                              Last edited by accordmaniac; 06-06-2005, 10:15 AM.
                              1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
                              2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
                              3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
                              4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
                              5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

Comment

Working...
                              X