No announcement yet.

SUSP : Rear 5-Lug Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what year of oddysey suspension you used?
    91 cb7 coupe sold
    92 CB7 sedan sold
    91 cb7 sedan current

Comment

Originally posted by jdm-cb7
      what year of oddysey suspension you used?
      95-98, but that only applies to the front conversion

Comment

busted, just like doing a rotor over hub conversion, can you use let's say a 97-up prelude hub for the 5-lug up front?! can it fit inside the accord bearing? why change the whole knuckle? just a thought since i was looking over the hub conversion and the 5-lug idea came about. is this possible?
        1cor10:31
        - 92 LX coupe
        - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by timmy0tool
          busted, just like doing a rotor over hub conversion, can you use let's say a 97-up prelude hub for the 5-lug up front?! can it fit inside the accord bearing? why change the whole knuckle? just a thought since i was looking over the hub conversion and the 5-lug idea came about. is this possible?
          5-lug Honda vehicles rock an 85mm bearing and 4-lug rock an 80mm bearing so the opening in the knuckle is not big enough to accept the larger diameter bearing.
          My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

Great Job Bust.
            Hey now, My signature was too big, so it was deleted.

Comment

how much different is the nut for the the prelude compaired to the accord
              i just put the prelude brg on the rear and with the accord nut it only goes on with 4 threads. so the prelude nut should fix this?

Comment

Originally posted by slammed90ex-r
                how much different is the nut for the the prelude compaired to the accord
                i just put the prelude brg on the rear and with the accord nut it only goes on with 4 threads. so the prelude nut should fix this?
                From what he had written about the DYI is that you could can use the Prelude spindle nut for the back with no problem at all and you'd need to do is make sure you hit it hard and stake it securely in that slot.
                Henry R
                Koni/Neuspeed
                1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

the prelude nut still doesnt go on all the way, but i was able to get it on enough to stake it and so far its been fine
                  FA1

Comment

bump since most people are asking for info and are interested to go 5 lug

Comment

Bump! Nice DIY.

Question: Would I be able to do this swap if I purchased the "rear disc conversion" from TAS? Or would I have to do an OEM rear disc swap?

'91 Cobalt Sedan w/ 300k (owned since new, moddin' it since '98)
                      www.tsxclub.com

Comment

so this will be fun so i got to go get the EX rear disc setup put it on then get the list o parts cool.
                        back at it again

Comment

I always meant to ask. Why did you use the ITR rotors and not the prelude ones.
                          The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
                            I always meant to ask. Why did you use the ITR rotors and not the prelude ones.
                            Bump for answer. I know it was said the Prelude rotors wont work. Why not?
                            Last edited by Straight Success; 08-02-2008, 12:46 AM.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Is it because the prelude rotor isn't tall enough, so it wont fit on all the way?

- D. Chappelle

Comment

the rotor doesnt go in far enough so it will not fit with the stock accord caliper bracket.
                                there is a way of using the prelude rotor you just need to make a spacer to space the caliper out toward the rotor that way the caliper will be centered over the rotor that is what i did

Comment

Working...
                                X