Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SUSP: Front Brake Rotor Removal and Replacement VIDEO!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok guys i need to do this job today or tomorrow... I've bought 2 rotors and 2 bearings. My bearing are bad and i want to replace them, should i buy 2 new hubs and get the bearings pressed onto the hubs or should i keep the old hubs and remove them to put them back on the new bearings??? Are hubs really expensive?
    Last edited by Hondapawa; 01-06-2010, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hondapawa View Post
      Ok guys i need to do this job today or tomorrow... I've bought 2 rotors and 2 bearings. My bearing are bad and i want to replace them, should i buy 2 new hubs and get the bearings pressed onto the hubs or should i keep the old hubs and remove them to put them back on the new bearings??? Are hubs really expensive?
      Bearings are what caused me alot of headache. Here was my situation and hopefully it doesnt happen to you. Wheel bearings went bad both side. So i bought new ones, then i got them pressed off and the hub that the wheel bearing spins on i believe, had little pockets/grooves/holes. Everything you wouldnt want your new wheel bearing rubbing on. So check out your old hubs if they look smooth keep them if not then youde have to replace it or else your new bearings are going to go to shit.

My New Ride
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=82630

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
        oh no the rear rotors are a cinch to do. They're Rotor over hub, so the most work you'd have to do to get them off is to undo 2 phillips head screws and take the caliper off, thats it, then they slide right off the hub.
        thank god, i just did all 4 of my brothers 93 integra and took about an hour, quick question do i need to remove the axel to take the 4 12point bolt out? i have removing ball joints and i would love if i didnt have to

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
        When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by Haccord21 View Post

Bearings are what caused me alot of headache. Here was my situation and hopefully it doesnt happen to you. Wheel bearings went bad both side. So i bought new ones, then i got them pressed off and the hub that the wheel bearing spins on i believe, had little pockets/grooves/holes. Everything you wouldnt want your new wheel bearing rubbing on. So check out your old hubs if they look smooth keep them if not then youde have to replace it or else your new bearings are going to go to shit.
          Ok thanks i'll look at it when i get them pressed off or i'll just call tomorow to get price for new hubs to get pressed on my new bearings. Thanks a lot.

Comment

your welcome. It just caused me a great amount of headache. and then my car was completly torn apart and i had no money for a new hub.

My New Ride
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=82630

Comment

Originally posted by JaberCB7 View Post
              thank god, i just did all 4 of my brothers 93 integra and took about an hour, quick question do i need to remove the axel to take the 4 12point bolt out? i have removing ball joints and i would love if i didnt have to
              yeah i think you do. The axle has a ring, well on mine anyways, for ABS that kinda obscures a way to put a 12pt socket on there. It'd be way easier to just remove the axle and just slide it out of the way, you don't necessarily need to take it out completely, just need to get it out of the hub.

member's ride thread
              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
              91 Accord SE 176k
              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

thank you so much for this thread much needed info to changing a rotor I went aheaad and bought rotors and pads a Few few months back during the summer and thought i could just pop rotors of like the rotor over hub cars NOPE
                I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car
                My Ride *****;http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...lbumId=2844229*****
                Oja Thnx Everyone, at cb7tuner.com

Comment

Putting the Longer bolts in to push the hub assem out is a HUGE tip!

Bookmaked this one.
                  90 Panda DX F22A6

Comment

Question.... I got an extra pair of spindles with good rotors and bearing but with no abs of a lx, I got a ex with abs, sooo what would I need to do to swap spindles? my rotors and bearings are shot!

Comment

Originally posted by PENGUIN View Post
                      Question.... I got an extra pair of spindles with good rotors and bearing but with no abs of a lx, I got a ex with abs, sooo what would I need to do to swap spindles? my rotors and bearings are shot!
                      The ABS will stay on your axles. since you're not swapping those, the spindles won't matter. All you have to do is remove the upper, lower and tierod balljoints, then undo the 36mm axle nut and remove the brake caliper assembly from your current spindle and put it on the new LX spindles you have.

member's ride thread
                      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                      91 Accord SE 176k
                      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

But isn't there a speed sensor or something? All i remember seeing was two lines, on my car, and only one on these spindles..

Comment

Working...
                        X