struts for 4 inch drop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

struts for 4 inch drop

i just bought Tenzo R racing sport coilovers and I may be doing a 3 to a 4 inch drop and i want to know what struts should i get for it i know it won't be a smooth ride but i do want to get pretty good struts for it so pls help me out.

4" drop is pretty damn low...so you're basically riding on your undercarriage?

I think the best strut for a drop (1-2 inches) are the kyb agx's or the koni yellows. Honestly, no strut will support that low of a drop.
    No more cb7, 7 years of ownership and 196K on the ticker before she was sold

Current beast: 98 ej8 on 7psi with a 15g turbo and other goodies!

NREMT-B | 300D and some glass

Comment

4"? Shit you might as well keep it stock, it'll all lead to the same thing...ripped CV boots, broken axles, messed up UCA balljoints from hitting the shock mounts daily, and you not wanting to drive your car at all. I have coilovers (in front, 2" drop in the rear) and it's prob. dropped ~2" all around tops...anything lower is just a pain in the ass.

Originally posted by lordoja
      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

muahahahahahahahahaha dropped 4+inches on kyb gr-2 for well over 45000miles. No problems at all whatsoever. rides nice, no blown struts,no cv problems, no axle problems, and as long as u have a small bumpstop in place then u will be allset. o and i live in pothole heaven here so. for 4in drop i would say gr-2 or ags would be fine. or if u have the money spent the 800 bucks to get shortened struts. lol camber is the only thing u need to wry bout with 4in drop. def need to wry bout that.
        My members ride thread

Comment

i seen one itr yesterday.. was dropped 4" he was scrapping everything down my street.. damn.. he bottoming out.. everytime he does.. his car jumps up and then bam hit the oil pan.. damn...
          http://www.get-gifts-for-free.com/?ref_id=4810

1992 Honda Accord 4dr 5spd EX- R.I.P 8/10/05

Comment

4.5 inch drop...

i have a 4.5inch drop and the rear is 4'' drop...and i don't even bottom out or even hit hard...my a-arm isn't hitting the top of the strut tower...my car doesn't even bounce...it's really a smooth ride...it feels like stock hieght...im just useing my brand new stock struts with a cut springs...i cut 4 coils off..i use to have 3 coils cut but i went down to 4 in the frnt and 7.5 coils in the back..reason being..is because...1 coil in the frnt = 2 coils cut in the rear..trust me...alot of my co-workers or friends asked me if im running tein or some hi-tech expensive suspention..im just useing stock struts with cut springs..like what i said..i don't hit bottomout scrap...or even bounce..it's so smooth it feels like stock hieght feeling...

Comment

I DID 3.5in on SPRINT SPRINGS and KYB AGX

NO CHEAP COIL-OVERS, or CUT SPRINGS....................JUST PLAIN JANE 3.5IN DROP.............................

Comment

jdmkid is dropped all the way...
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord
                  I DID 3.5in on SPRINT SPRINGS and KYB AGX

NO CHEAP COIL-OVERS, or CUT SPRINGS....................JUST PLAIN JANE 3.5IN DROP.............................
                  coilovers arn't cheap, more expensive then springs by far and u can adjust the coilovers whoo hoooo. and yea i only scrape going over steep declines/inclines. lol i can't even go into my garage. haha. ride is little bouncy. cut springs hmm not liken that at all, dangerous to say the least!
                  My members ride thread

Comment

Originally posted by accrdpower
                    coilovers arn't cheap, more expensive then springs by far and u can adjust the coilovers whoo hoooo
                    unless you're running on fully-threaded coilovers(apexi, tein, omni) then those coilovers from ebay are CHEAP; i'm sure thats what oneoffaccord is referring to.
                    5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                    JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

I have a 3" drop and it would be great if I lived somewhere other than NW Arkansas!!!!!

www.definiteobsessions.com

Comment

Originally posted by PRIMOCB7
                        unless you're running on fully-threaded coilovers(apexi, tein, omni) then those coilovers from ebay are CHEAP; i'm sure thats what oneoffaccord is referring to.
                        true true but ebay stuff is well EBAY....spring rates are gonna be low and gonna vary from each spring. anything off ebay is doing it the CHEAP way. i mean if u r on a budget only go with aesthetic parts. i personally would never in my right mind buy any engine/suspension/drivetrain/tranny parts from ebay. just bc they can not be trusted. i got my skunk2 coilovers for like 290. i think i could have gotten eibach springs for around 150. and by mean fully-threaded do u mean dampers???? bc those are def more expensive (600+)
                        My members ride thread

Comment

Working...
                        X