door locks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

door locks

My door locks never worked sinced I owned the car. When you touch the switched to lock or unlock the doors, you hear a noise. No movement just noise. I have a 90 coupe. Both doors don't pop. Both motors can't be bad right? Help me guys. Need some help here

I want to pop my locks for the spring. I don't want to reach over nomore to let someone in....

Help me!!!!!

Help me!!!!!
    Last edited by CustomLowz; 04-02-2009, 01:41 PM.
    I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
    Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My coupe!!!
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
    Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

Originally posted by daheavyking
    I want to pop my locks for the spring. I don't want to reach over nomore to let someone in....
    i'm sure someone will respond. no reason to reply to your own thread 8 minutes after you created it.
    1990 Frost White EX Coupe F23A1 - PART OUT
    01 DC4

Comment

both motors can be bad, it might of been progressive, when 1 would fail then a little later the other one did.

you touching the lock and unlock button confirms that the button works, however the motors can be fried.

there are 2 things u can do, go oem or put aftermarket actuators that are 2 wire into the door. it will be aftermarket but they will work, the only downside is if u push down the drivers lock the passenger side wont lock.

you dont necessaraly need an alarm for this, i done it many times in hondas at work.

do yo uknow how to use a testlight? take apart the door, and then locate the 2 wires going to the door lock motor (that plastic area by the hindge) put one side of the meter to ground and the other one to one of the wires and then hit the switch in either direction, if u get a pulse then that confirms power is going to the door lock motor, if not then you got another issue.
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by daheavyking
        Help me!!!!!
        Door lock actuators.

PM'd you.

Comment

jak pm me that info too because i am having the same problem.

R.I.P> Ronald Murphy the best dad ever in life. YOu will be missed.

Comment

Change the control module inside the drivers door. Thats what I did before and never had any problems. They do go bad over time.

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747 View Post
              Change the control module inside the drivers door. Thats what I did before and never had any problems. They do go bad over time.
              The module is sending the signal to the actuator. But the locking mechanism is not working.

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE View Post
                The module is sending the signal to the actuator. But the locking mechanism is not working.
                Its not sending enough voltage. Typical of the module going bad. Check for proper voltage at the modulator see what comes up.

Comment

Its not sending enough voltage. Typical of the module going bad. Check for proper voltage at the modulator see what comes up.

My Cb bad, Cb bright and the cops can kiss my Cb lights - I’m gone!
                  Frost White Member 13
                  My Ride
                  "Girls are like a new car... lease w/ option to buy"

Comment

If not enough voltage, the locks wouldnt work at all and no noise.
                    Sounds like its getting the signal from the module, but the locking mechanism is not working.
                    Typical signs of the Actuators going/are bad.

Comment

If not enough voltage, the locks wouldnt work at all and no noise.
                      Sounds like its getting the signal from the module, but the locking mechanism is not working.
                      Typical signs of the Actuators going/are bad.
                      ok then, The OP needs to see whats going on and then let everyone know whats going on.

Comment

ok then, The OP needs to see whats going on and then let everyone know whats going on.
                        Thats true, thats why i dont like Diag over the internet.

Comment

When I get these actuators from my home skillet, I'll let you fellas know on any progress
                          I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
                          Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          My coupe!!!
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
                          Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X