2018 calendar. Anyone interested?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018 calendar. Anyone interested?

We haven't had calendars over the last few years because I haven't gotten enough submissions to make it happen. I know it's pretty much last minute, but I'm willing to make it work if enough people submit acceptable pictures!

I'm going to try to keep it as simple as possible.

I need high resolution pictures!!!
    Low-res stuff will come out all grainy. Since these suckers will be like $30, I don't want anyone to pay to have to stare at an ugly picture for an entire month! A grainy/pixelated picture will be an eyesore, regardless of how nice the car is.
    A cell phone camera from the last one or two generations should have enough capability to take a picture of sufficient quality. Professional equipment is not required (but if you have it, by all means, use it!)

Make sure the composition is attractive.
    People are going to be looking at this picture for a solid month. Don't make them stare at the rusted Cavalier you parked next to at Target. Make sure no other cars, people, or hideous background things are "featured" in your picture. This is of your car. The background should make your car stand out, not distract from it.
    In fact, a nice composition will compensate for a car that is less than perfect. Which leads me to the next point:

Make sure your picture doesn't show significant damage.

I know these things are a quarter century old, and CB7tuners aren't generally the wealthiest of enthusiasts. I get that not everyone's car is perfect. Some blemishes may be unavoidable. However, do your best to take a picture that hides them, or at least doesn't accentuate them!

Your photo may need to be cropped, so don't have anything important near the edges of the shot.

Unlike previous times, I WILL allow minor photoshopping this time around. Don't go crazy, but you can play with it a bit if you'd like.
    You may also do more "artistic" shots if you desire. It doesn't have to be a full-car photo, though that is what I would prefer. If you can do something cool that only highlights a specific part, go for it (just be sure it's not the Honda logo or words Honda or Accord... because the last time I did that, Cafepress refused to print it.)
    If you no longer have your CB7, but you have some awesome pictures of it when you DID have it, that's cool too.

It's December 2nd. We have a couple weeks to make this happen!
    Send your submissions to me in a zip file to deevergote@comcast.net
    Don't send me a dozen shots. Send me ONE.
    Be sure to include your name, screen name, and state (and country if you're from outside the US.)

I'm in. Been saving high res. pics since last year.

Comment

as always-

if you're in the NJ area, and want high res pictars, my 22MP 5dMIII should suffice lol.
      Im busy as hell right now, but always got time for carsex.

Comment

I'd be interested in this again. I submitted pix a couple of years ago, but the calendar didn't happen. Do you still have those, or do I need to resubmit?

Comment

I probably have them, but resubmit if they’re handy.

Comment

I'd totally purchase one if you compile a calendar.
            I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Take a good picture of your car and you can be in it!
              I need 13 pictures. I have 5 promises.

Comment

I’ll be submitting a pic of two for the calander
                ~Nick~
                FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

... we need mores....

Comment

Count me in.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                    JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

I'd be keen to buy one, If you were interested in sending one overseas?

Comment

I, too, would be interested in purchasing one of these as well.
                        http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

I can't find my pix! Will look some more this weekend.

Comment

Sent you an email Mike with some pictures forgot to Add that I am from Florida if you didn't know this already. Hopefully it makes the cut.
                            ~Nick~
                            FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                            MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Working...
                            X