Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

headunit dosnt work anymore!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

headunit dosnt work anymore!

ok so this morning i striped my trunk. once i was done i noticed that there was a cord comming out of my antenna. it looked ugly so i decided to cut it both at the antenna and at a point behind the rear seat to remove it. i dont use my antenna because all i listen to is my ipod which hooks up directly to my headunit. is there any connection between me cutting that wire and my head unit not powering up?

thanks for any responce

ugh....thats weird

is it an aftermarket head? power antenna?

which wires are you talking about? coaxial or power wires?

i guess its possible if you cut a power and ground at the same time that you could short something out...

or...if it was installed wrong, I guess someone could of pulled the 12v from antenna

Comment

check the fuse.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
      1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
      2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
      2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
      2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
      2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

it is an aftermarket headunit

and it is a nonpower antenna.

all i did was cut the cord in 2 spots. one place was where the wire meets the antenna and the other was where the same wire met the rear seat.

im going to check the fuse (even though i dont know what to look for...i guess ill look it up)

i was thinking that i did cut a grounding wire but i dont understand why a ground would be comming from the antenna.

and i know that i installed my headunit correctly because its worked fine since i installed it a month ago...

Comment

make sure your unit is grounded, casue what maybe when the unit was installed they didnt ground it and it was using the antenna as a ground and when you cut it, since its not hooked up in the back it lost ground, i would pull out the radio and make sure the ground wire on the radio is hooked up

Comment

is the ground the headphonejacklike antenna plug thing?

and how would i ground my hu anyways?
            where would the ground wire go?

thanks a lot for the responce.

Comment

if your radio isnt grounded on the wire, it grounds through the antenna cause the antenna in the back is bolted to the frame of the car, and when the antenna cable is hooked up to it, and the other end of the cable is hooked up to the radio for reception, thats how it grounds, but i would pull the radio out and check to see that the black wire on the radio is hooked up to the black wire on the car harness.

Comment

Yeah, airride has this one I think. The ground from the head is probably bad(wrong spot or corroded)or not hooked up at all, so it was using the antenna ground instead(not a good thing). I'd pull the hu and go from there, I like to ground the head to the body or other "absolute" ground, just keep it 18" or less.

Comment

check ur fuse this happen on my truck one night the deck wasnt working then i went to go start the car in morning the car wasnt starting it was the battery because something in deck was training the juice out of it when car turn offed
                  GasOrAss?

www.club5252.com

Comment

yes always check fuses first and foremost
                    bow down and S my D

Comment

Working...
                    X