CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Parts & Performance > Swaps

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 193 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-29-2009, 01:02 PM   #41
d112crzy
CB7tuner Member

d112crzy seems to have made some friends!
An H22 WILL run with OBD2 injectors on a p13 as long as you eliminate and do the required wiring to run obd2 injectors(they use different plugs and the resistor box needs to be eliminated).

CrzyTuning now offering port services
d112crzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:10 PM   #42
lucid
CB7tuner Member

lucid is cool... so far.
Thanks again, D112.
I'd imagine you can probably rewire your harness to use the OBDII dizzy as well. Even the OBDII JDM motors don't have the crank sensor on the timing side, it's in the dizzy like OBDI...The JDM OBDII diz I saw looked like the same number of wires as ours, just in a single plug instead of two.

I was rereading the first page, and here is the post about the H23V PS...and the clutch/flywheel since they all have flex plates for autos I'd imagine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loafer987 View Post
H23a vtec doesn't come with power steering so you have to add all h22 P/S parts and a flywheel. I know its not totaly H22 related but every piece of info helps! Your are very devoted to have spent all the time you probaly took on this!

The H22 Sleeper Sedan, updated 8/14
After 4 months down...It's back! and tucked.
Need a Swap or some work done in the DC/MD/VA/WV area?
PM me and get it done right!

Last edited by lucid; 04-29-2009 at 01:16 PM.
lucid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:33 PM   #43
MyDianaZ06
CB7tuner Member

MyDianaZ06 is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to MyDianaZ06 Send a message via Yahoo to MyDianaZ06
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
Thanks again, D112.
I'd imagine you can probably rewire your harness to use the OBDII dizzy as well. Even the OBDII JDM motors don't have the crank sensor on the timing side, it's in the dizzy like OBDI...The JDM OBDII diz I saw looked like the same number of wires as ours, just in a single plug instead of two.

I was rereading the first page, and here is the post about the H23V PS...and the clutch/flywheel since they all have flex plates for autos I'd imagine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loafer987 View Post
Pretty good post. I thought all 90-93 accords were obd1?? Otherwise looks good.

H23a vtec doesn't come with power steering so you have to add all h22 P/S parts and a flywheel. I know its not totaly H22 related but every piece of info helps! Your are very devoted to have spent all the time you probaly took on this!
YUP!!!!! Loafer987 also said this to me in a pm ( I asked what else is there to watch out in a h23a vtec (blutop) swap...this is him in his exact words...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loafer987
The biggest problems I ran into are:
1. The Mounting bracket that goes through the timing cover HAS TO BE swapped to a prelude 92-96 one. Anything off an H23A non vtec or H22A will work.
2. The top half of the intake manifold must be changed. Any H23A non vtec or H22A vtec one will work get one with all the FITV IACV parts if possible.
The H23A throttle body does work perfectly if you want to use it.
3. The F22A distributor internals will fit inside the H23A Vtec distributor housing. Just take them apart and swap the internals(as long as yours are ok). If you have external coil distributor it'll be WAY easier to just swap a USDM H22A distributor. Or if you have an H23A non vtec distributor kicking around and an internal coil car just use that.

The rest of the swap was just a regular H22A swap basically. You will also need H22A OBD1 injectors and an OBD1 H22A P13 ECU other than that nothing really to it. I am still trying to find a prelude power steering line but I think i will give up and just look for different solution.
I personally got a chipped ecu from www.speedinnovations.com am yet to receive it(ordered it the other day for the h23a vtec), but even when I do I am still getting it tune at the shop I am taking mines to.
MyDianaZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:30 AM   #44
lucid
CB7tuner Member

lucid is cool... so far.
Definitely get tuned if you can. My basemap for my skunk2 cammed & built head runs my motor, but I run rich and know the motor's not reaching it's potential.

As far as the Prelude PS Hose goes, nobody give up, let me help..
Guess my link on page 1 doesn't go to the product page w/o logging in a vehicle?
Discontinued by Honda Dealer....
available at:

advanceautoparts.com
select vehicle-93 honda prelude vtec w/h22a1
select- "replacement parts" tab at top left
select- "power steering" section from column on left
select- "pressure hose"

Powercraft Power Steering Pressure Hose
Part No. 91750, pressure line assembly, lifetime warranty, $100.99 (as of today)

Old 10-04-2009, 09:47 PM   #45
metruis02
CB7tuner Member

metruis02 is cool... so far.
Send a message via Yahoo to metruis02
Would most of this info also apply to a h23a1 swap as well as the h22???
Old 11-13-2009, 04:41 PM   #46
JaberCB7
CB7tuner Member

JaberCB7 is cool... so far.
Send a message via MSN to JaberCB7
hey dont know if this had been asnwered i tried reading it but its just far too much, quick question is there any need to cut/weld or any major customizing to get engine to fit or does it just drop right in? im looking into buying a hit prelude and taking everythingout witch would be alot better than searching for parts individualy. thanx
JaberCB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 06:18 PM   #47
benji
CB7tuner Member

benji is cool... so far.
Send a message via MSN to benji Send a message via Yahoo to benji
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaberCB7 View Post
hey dont know if this had been asnwered i tried reading it but its just far too much, quick question is there any need to cut/weld or any major customizing to get engine to fit or does it just drop right in? im looking into buying a hit prelude and taking everythingout witch would be alot better than searching for parts individualy. thanx
No, there isn't any welding/cutting involved.

3 pages is really not a lot to read, and there is a search button up towards the top. The H22A swap is the most common swap for these cars, and it has been covered in length in numerous threads.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:43 AM   #48
JaberCB7
CB7tuner Member

JaberCB7 is cool... so far.
Send a message via MSN to JaberCB7
Quote:
Originally Posted by benji View Post
No, there isn't any welding/cutting involved.

3 pages is really not a lot to read, and there is a search button up towards the top. The H22A swap is the most common swap for these cars, and it has been covered in length in numerous threads.
ok thnx, yea thats what i meant, i covered a few threads but didnt see anyone ask the question (guessing everyone knew the answer) and when i got to this thread just got tired and screening it wasnt helping so i thought id ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Willey View Post
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
JaberCB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:06 PM   #49
DejectedAngel
CB7tuner Member

DejectedAngel is cool... so far.
Does the p13 ECU make the Check Engine light come on when you swap a JDM H22 in a CB?
Old 01-22-2010, 11:34 PM   #50
benji
CB7tuner Member

benji is cool... so far.
Send a message via MSN to benji Send a message via Yahoo to benji
Quote:
Originally Posted by DejectedAngel View Post
Does the p13 ECU make the Check Engine light come on when you swap a JDM H22 in a CB?
No, as long as you have all the correct sensors installed and connected.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:34 PM   #51
daovangphotos
CB7tuner Member

daovangphotos is cool... so far.
Would i be able to use the P0F Ecu to run the motor instead of the P13?
charlie0882004, rossisalvage, c mak, new_beginnings x2, King James, True-BlueCB7,
Clean-CB7, Joshy, f20aaccordturbo, greggydrift, WilliamW, tommi, Dy2*STR33T-KING x2,
Night Wolf, kouzie, Koochologist, remix405, Losiracer2, Hostile, CB7=91, lindiz x2, cp[mike]
daovangphotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 01:44 PM   #52
tn_accords
Contributing Member

tn_accords is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daovangphotos View Post
Would i be able to use the P0F Ecu to run the motor instead of the P13?

The POF ecu is just the UKDM version of the P13. I don't know exact differences but i would imagine that it has something to do with maybe rev limits and some other stupid things. I doubt you would notice the difference in the two. Just make sure you wire everything up because if not then you will have the CEL and then it don't matter what happens its just running in limp mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devergote
A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.
tn_accords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 07:32 PM   #53
daovangphotos
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tn_accords View Post
The POF ecu is just the UKDM version of the P13. I don't know exact differences but i would imagine that it has something to do with maybe rev limits and some other stupid things. I doubt you would notice the difference in the two. Just make sure you wire everything up because if not then you will have the CEL and then it don't matter what happens its just running in limp mode.
Thanks.

Now another question since it wasnt covered with PICTURES.

The oil pressure sensor on the CB7 harness, where does it plug into? I awas told to put a wire to the knock sensor and run it to the ecu, but my harness's plug doesnt plug into the H22's coolant sensor.

How do i go about that?

The accord would sit here:

But the cb7 harness wont fit into that part on the H22.
charlie0882004, rossisalvage, c mak, new_beginnings x2, King James, True-BlueCB7,
Clean-CB7, Joshy, f20aaccordturbo, greggydrift, WilliamW, tommi, Dy2*STR33T-KING x2,
Night Wolf, kouzie, Koochologist, remix405, Losiracer2, Hostile, CB7=91, lindiz x2, cp[mike]
Old 04-20-2010, 07:44 AM   #54
lucid
CB7tuner Member

lucid is cool... so far.
I guess we all know that's not a picture of an h/f series motor.
The oil pressure wire from the harness is yellow with a red stripe, it goes to the same place on the H as the F, below the oil filter and maybe a little to the left.
The knock sensor is also a one-wire sensor, though it uses one pin of a standard (coolant-sensor type) plug. If you don't have an actual knock sensor plug with one wire, just use a two pin one. Look at the knock sensor itself and see which pin you need to use. Run your knock sensor wire from the ECU to the pin on that side, the sensor grounds itself to the engine block when installed. You may or may not have to remove the other pin, I don't think it will really be in the way.

BTW: I have changed my mentality regarding the Prelude PS line. It can be kinda tricky bending the Prelude line into place on the CB, I've had inconsistent results and it ends up being one of the more difficult parts of the swap. If you bend the line a little too hard (and it's fairly tricky to make the bends with limited room), there is no unbending it, and your PS system will whine when you turn the wheel. There are hydraulic shops in the area that will do the mating of the prelude pump end to your cb line. Or just make sure your front and rear engine mounts are solid, and use the accord parts. The downside to this is that your H-series alternator wire cover will not fit properly (purely a cosmetic problem). I like to tuck that wire under the engine mount with a ziptie and behind the dipstick tube, thru the alternator mount and plug it in so it doesn't go over the valve cover. You could also just modify or toss the wire cover, or cut the section of unbolted cb ps mount out of the way since it's useless weight on the dual cam motors anyway.

Old 04-20-2010, 04:19 PM   #55
daovangphotos
CB7tuner Member

Got all my info figured out and car is running great!

My power steering does whine though, lol.

Oh well.

Btw, + rep for lucid on first post.

Thanks for the write up!
Old 05-01-2010, 02:36 PM   #56
xaaronx
CB7tuner Member

xaaronx is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to xaaronx
didn't this used to be stickied?
Old 05-01-2010, 03:00 PM   #57
TheNextEpisode
CB7tuner Member

TheNextEpisode is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to TheNextEpisode
Excellent write up, I can't believe I haven't seen this until now.
Very thorough, looks like it took a lot of forethought.
TheNextEpisode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 05:13 AM   #58
vjekoaccordRT
CB7tuner Member

vjekoaccordRT is cool... so far.
Hi guys, this is a very nice post but i have one stupid question. I have H22A running in Prelude 90year:-) now that engine is going out from her and i was thinking to put it in my baby CB3. Someone has try to make swap in prelude but vtec is not working and she is running bad and to slow. Wire side of swap is bad, and engine is from 97+year with imobilizer. So, if i swap that engine in my 92year F22A, what is my biggest problem with vtec not working? Is it the problem with wiring or with vtec solenoid? And can i keep my engine mounts and tranny? Thank you guys.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:24 PM   #59
arthaccord
CB7tuner Member

arthaccord is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to arthaccord
so what do you need to do if you are converting to obd1? like a obd1 h23?
Old 04-05-2011, 07:03 PM   #60
DariuszZ
CB7tuner Member

DariuszZ is cool... so far.
Send a message via MSN to DariuszZ
This has been said many many times before, but here it is:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=obd2+obd1
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=obd2+obd1

DariuszZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: