Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SUSP : 5-lug conversion (the all-prelude way)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are the pics of the LCAs:

Accord on right/ BB6on left.

BB6 on top.
    Accord on bottom.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
    JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

That looks identical!! Shit I should've kept the LCA off the Lude

Just curious, when are you going to attempt pressing in the Lude bearings on to the Accord knuckles? I'm starting to collect parts at the moment, but if the bearings DO fit the stock knuckles, oh boy...the amount of parts I DON'T need to buy to do this 5-lug conversion...It'd be awesome!!

Anyways, just curious...Thanks for doing all these researches, much appreciated!!

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

They look close but th angles are slightly different. The Positive camber comesfrom the knuckle, rather than the LCA. The accord LCA is longer. The machine shop I go to said that they should fit right in. Also, you will be able to retain the stock axles.

Comment

Well that changes everything!! Definitely good news...OD might fit, but here's what I found while doing a bit of research..

Accord setup:

knuckle

brakes, bearings, etc.

And here's the BB6 Lude setup:

knuckle

brakes, bearings, etc..

The hole where the bearing sits on the BB6 knuckle looks a lot beefier than ours..My guess is that the whole BB6 front bearing will sink in and fit in there pretty snug..The stock Accord knuckles on the other hand, the hole looks narrower..

I'm just thinking...If you do press BB6 front bearing into our stock knuckle, wouldn't it stick out on one end? I'm guessing the depth of the bore on our stock knuckles won't "swallow" the whole BB6 bearing if and when we press it in..Any idea/input/opinions/suggestions?

Oh and another question...On the diagram for the BB6 brake setup...That circlip (Part #22)...Is that to hold the bearing in place?

Thanks again for everything guys..This thread rocks

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

CG*

CB*

6th gen knuckles seem to be a viable candidate for knuckle swaps as well (6th gen on top, CB at the bottom). Judging from the brake caliper bracket, the size + geometry all checks out, plus they're more abundant than BB6 knuckles (but that is another thread)... something to consider

Originally posted by lordoja
            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

i know its offtopic but 6thgen knuckle may swap over too? any other info on that? i have a parts one near me i could get i might get it and do measurements for another possible 5 lug swap
              Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
              Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
              JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

Originally posted by slick View Post
                i know its offtopic but 6thgen knuckle may swap over too? any other info on that? i have a parts one near me i could get i might get it and do measurements for another possible 5 lug swap
                Get pics

Originally posted by lordoja
                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

it doesnt look like the bb6 brg will work in the accord knuckle because its a totally different style of bearing, and its held in with a snap ring where as the accord is bolted in. thats what i can tell from those pictures

Comment

I would so do this if I got another CB7.
                    Raceline USA

Comment

Originally posted by djcaz_aom View Post
                      I might have found another option on rear hubs that allows you to maintain the stock size rotor. The Type R is slightly smaller.

I will keep you posted.
                      type r hubs do not fit

not even close

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                        Get pics
                        i have my 6thgen i take pics tomorrow. and i called the guy and he said i could have all the parts i wanted so if it fits im going to get it
                        Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
                        Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
                        JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

I was thinking more on the lines of the RSX.

Comment

what would the going rate for 00 prelude hubs, rotors and brakes for all four sides be, i got a guy who's selling to me cheap, like under 100 dollars cheap, what would you pay

1992 Accord EX MT : CB#2
                            DIY OEM amber corners w/reflectors

Comment

Originally posted by The-Gr8-Ox View Post
                              what would the going rate for 00 prelude hubs, rotors and brakes for all four sides be, i got a guy who's selling to me cheap, like under 100 dollars cheap, what would you pay
                              I paid 150 for just the fronts, and they wanted another 100 to 150 for the rears

Comment

Originally posted by 90accords View Post
                                I paid 150 for just the fronts, and they wanted another 100 to 150 for the rears
                                cool, that's about what i was thinking, the guy changed his mind and now wants 450 for everything, i said never mind.

1992 Accord EX MT : CB#2
                                DIY OEM amber corners w/reflectors

Comment

Working...
                                X