CB7tuner.com branded product ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB7tuner.com branded product ideas?

I'm sure I've pretty much missed the boat on this one, but it's an idea I've tossed around regularly in the past. It's probably more of a "what if" discussion now, but I figured I'd start a conversation about it just to see what people had to say.

I've always wanted to make products in our signature black/orange color scheme. Now, I'm not an engineer, machinist, mold maker, or anything like that... so I'd be looking elsewhere for production.

My first thought was to get some black/orange coilovers made. Unfortunately, I'm strongly opposed to cheaply made suspension components, and cheap overseas wholesalers are the ones to go to for stuff like that!

My second thought is simpler, and something that could be cheaply produced without being a safety risk: strut tower bars. Granted, we have high quality stuff from ESP, and the Neuspeed bar and its clones are also great. Cheap stuff like Megan Racing offer enough benefit for the money to make anything else unnecessary. However, I could probably get some CB7tuner bars made relatively inexpensively. The bars I was looking at recently were a decent design, and they had a rectangular recess in the middle. I could simply get some aluminum plates in the size of that retangle, etch the CB7tuner logo on them, maybe paint them... and we'd be in business!

What else could I have made?
    I know this would've been much better back in 2006-2007, when this place was really booming. Back then, it probably could've happened. Now, it's unlikely. Still fun to think about, though!

lips

The thing that comes to mind for me would be tasteful lips for the front and rear of the car with the cb7tuner logo molded into them or other tasteful aero for the cb7 chassis with the cb7tuner logo molded into it.
    CB7TUNER.com
    Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

That's a good idea!
      I wonder if I could get together with jack_lee to make that happen.

Comment

Floor mats, if people don't mind the color contrast to their interior.

Comment

I would think more towards things that a lot of people here want but that have become discontinued; or hard-to-find JDM products. Getting them made is the problem, I think.

Personally, I'd be interested in buying window rain guards and JDM-style slim side moldings. I picked up some DA Integra "DOHC" fender moldings from the junkyard to retrofit onto my CB; a full set of slim moldings, with "CB7Tuner" depressed into the fender pieces, would be cool. Likewise with the logo etched into smoked rain guards. I wouldn't want colored CB7T logos on them unless they could be color-matched to my car, but it's an idea...

Oh, or maybe a CB7Tuner shift knob, inspired by the Mugen spherical knobs? I thought we had a member that made custom knobs?

Last edited by CyborgGT; 05-10-2017, 09:05 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

What about a "cb7tuner" chrome emblem like the "Accord" emblem on the trunk? It could be installed anywhere on the car the owner chooses.
            90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
            08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

I really like the emblem idea!

With 3d printing and rapid prototyping methods, we could really make some cool stuff without breaking the bank. One of my co-workers also owns a 5th Axis machine so I could talk with him about machining stuff as well if it ever got to that point. It's like you say, the traffic here isn't what it was a few years ago (I still blame the FB pages), but I think we could still knock out a few cool products for the enthusiasts here.

Comment

How about some 'puddle lamps" that project CB7 onto the ground? I've seen versions on eBay that replace the door mounted courtesy lamps.

Of course there is the ever popular license plate frame with CB7 logo laser printed/engraved or possibly raised lettering?
                My Collection:
                93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
                00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
                04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

I think this idea is better now than 2006 as only the dedicated will get one.

Sway bars are a good idea, but everyone has one already. While the window decal was a good idea, I just wasn't a fan of putting stickers on my car of any form. I think if you do make something it should be discreet. I like the lips idea with cb7tuner embossed into them or embedded lettering like this. My idea was a simply key chain with cb7tuner engraved in it. Another idea is license plate trim piece that has cb7tuner on it.

Hard to decide on something as you don't want it to be ebay corny but rather professional looking touch.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                    I think this idea is better now than 2006 as only the dedicated will get one.

Sway bars are a good idea, but everyone has one already. While the window decal was a good idea, I just wasn't a fan of putting stickers on my car of any form. I think if you do make something it should be discreet. I like the lips idea with cb7tuner embossed into them or embedded lettering like this. My idea was a simply key chain with cb7tuner engraved in it. Another idea is license plate trim piece that has cb7tuner on it.

Hard to decide on something as you don't want it to be ebay corny but rather professional looking touch.
                    He use to make keychains and actually sold his last two for a couple hundred I believe.
                    I like the lip idea, the side molding idea, maybe a rear visor for the coupe. Would love a weighed shift knob as I am in the market for one.

Leather/suede shift boot with logo
                    ~Nick~
                    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Inexpensive parts like Oil caps, radiator caps, shift knobs, etc will honestly probably be easiest to sell.

Check out Prelude Nation. They recently started selling branded oil caps, and from what I've seen are pretty popular.

https://www.thepreludenation.com/

Comment

The oil caps are kinda cool too, but I would want the actual design of the cap to be unique, if that makes sense. Not just another ebay cap with a different sticker put on it.

Comment

Man, these are all great ideas!

Raf99, you may have a point that although our traffic has slowed, the people remaining are the dedicated ones that would probably be interested in stuff like this. Longtime members have far more invested in this community than a whole flock of passing newbies. Although the two guys who bought the last two keychains weren't even members here, which was super weird.

I shouldn't have made this thread before I finished my final paper for school... I should be writing, and instead I'm looking for websites that do custom embroidery, engraving, etc...
                          I'm even considering buying leather or decent quality faux leather and making shift boots myself. It can't be terribly difficult!

I'm also looking into getting embroidered CB7tuner patches made. These could be used for a number of things... custom polo shirts, shift boots... who knows.

it's really annoying that any search for "custom" doesn't seem to return results for ACTUAL custom work. it's all just cheap "make your car your own with our generic parts!" stuff.

Side note, KSport stole our colors anyway. I should see if I can strike a deal with them to have special CB7tuner edition coilovers made! They're still made in Taiwan, I believe... but KSport at least owns the facility (I asked them directly some time ago.)

Comment

Originally posted by Corweena View Post
                            Inexpensive parts like Oil caps, radiator caps, shift knobs, etc will honestly probably be easiest to sell.

Check out Prelude Nation. They recently started selling branded oil caps, and from what I've seen are pretty popular.

https://www.thepreludenation.com/
                            Very cool!!

Comment

I'm digging those oil caps. Classy looking. Worth the $30 asking price, I'd say (and since it's sold out, people seem to agree!)
                              I should contact them and ask who their supplier is. Maybe I we could do something similar (without copying outright. original is good.)

Comment

Working...
                              X