Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

ELD Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was some spam here before, i was just linking that page that says not to spam. nothing on you buddy, you're fine!
    sold! But here's my build thread for those interested.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=206864

Comment

Originally posted by lbus9168 View Post
      There was some spam here before, i was just linking that page that says not to spam. nothing on you buddy, you're fine!
      Thanks man just wanted to cover my bases also replaced my ground wire it helped lights aren't dimming as bad however in my test I noticed the fans only come on for a couple of minutes and shut off again they did it a couple times before I shut off my car. I am beginning to think my fan timer is going out because botherwise cooling and condensor fans turn on and off at the same time

Comment

D.O.N.T get a AutoZone alternator I've had many failed right out of the box. Like I'm talking 15+ before I learned my lesson between all the cb7s I've had-have. Go on Amazon and order a brand new Bosch alternator for our cars. I have for every cb7 I've had that I tried a AutoZone alternator in and every cars charging problem was resolved by doing so.

Now that I'm not at work on break let me explain in further detail.

AutoZone alternators are no good because when their refurbished the voltage regulators and bearings aren't changed and I'm sure there's more that's not.

I've had every single AutoZone alternator voltage regulator fail except on two where the bearing outright failed and when the voltage regulator failed it was ether not charging or very low charge and one had a high voltage charge at 15+ volts coulda done damage with that one if I didn't test it and shut the car off. They know they sell bad alternators that's why it's a lifetime warranty as out of the 15+ I've had to replace there was more of them that bench tested bad right off the shelf each time I got a replacement. So just try the Bosch one. It may be 118 or so but it's free shipping with prime and no core charge. But before you take the AutoZone one back you'll have to swap pulleys. Very easy job and less of a head ache in the long run.

BTW the reason I said the cb7s I've had and have is because I used to drive my blue 90 for four years as a reliable daily driver 25k-30k miles per year now I more so find the cleanest ones and keep them to myself. My favourite one right now is the 1993 Honda Accord EX I just bought earlier this year with only 140k a very clean car and then the 98 civic 5 speed that gets 36+ mpg as its my first car that's not a cb7 lol.
        Last edited by Kev1990; 06-08-2016, 12:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X