Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Odometer roll up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odometer roll up...

Hey guys,
    I just got a new gauge cluster for my cb7 and because I'm on my l's i need the odometer to be wound up(for driving records/hours) is it possible? I know that you can take the glass off it to expose the odometer but if you manually do it would this wreck it?
    thanks
    Anthony

idk

I have allways wanted there to have a revolution meter cars.That way you really know how hard that has worked to get to "x" amount of milage
    Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
    93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

So are you trying to get the mileage to match the actual mileage on your car, or are you trying to fake the driving time you're supposed to be accruing?

The last time I checked, most odometers will show signs of tampering. They used to build them that way to stop people from lowering their mileage. If you ever see an odometer that the numbers look like jagged teeth, staggered up and down, it's probably been tampered with.

Comment

I adjusted one on a saturn once for going UP in mileage. I pulled the little miles meter out and hooked it to a small dc motor, turned it on and in a few hours had gone a good 50,000 miles I am sure it wouldn't be that hard to take it out on the Honda cluster

Comment

Originally posted by VoloCB7 View Post
          I adjusted one on a saturn once for going UP in mileage. I pulled the little miles meter out and hooked it to a small dc motor, turned it on and in a few hours had gone a good 50,000 miles I am sure it wouldn't be that hard to take it out on the Honda cluster
          yea its the same thing on ours with one little exception, its easier to do on 9091 cluster, since there is no "Maintenance" thingamabob as with 9293.
          what year is yours?
          Originally posted by scudweiser
          it will go vrooooooom bauggggghhhh mmmmmmaauuugggg. Still no mmmmmbAAAAAAAUUUHHHHHHH though.
          Originally posted by deevergote
          Do you have anything intelligent to offer, or are you just trying to whore up your post count?

Comment

Originally posted by VoloCB7 View Post
            so if you hook the battery backwards will the numbers roll back?!?! lol,, i want my chassis to match my motor!
            -:¦:-
            Originally posted by wed3k
            i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

Originally posted by lordoja View Post
              yea its the same thing on ours with one little exception, its easier to do on 9091 cluster, since there is no "Maintenance" thingamabob as with 9293.
              what year is yours?
              What maintenance thing are you talking about? My 91 LX has the maintenance indicator. I've reset it a few times with my key. Spinning them forward shouldn't be a big deal, it's backwards they frown on.

Comment

Yeah I've tampered with the odometer plenty of times, it is definitely possible. I can't really explain how to do it, I would have to show you but ur better off going to the JY and picking up one or two of them (u actually don't need the entire cluster just the part with the numbers on it, when u take the cluster apart u will see how to remove that part). Rolling the numbers forward or backward is pretty much the same, it takes a bit of finesse but u can do it. I used a couple of really small slotted screwdrivers and basically u have to separate the numbers with one screwdriver and roll the numbers to where u need them with the other. It may take a minute but it works. I know that doesn't say much but like I said I can't really explain it.

Comment

S
                  Originally posted by HardInThePaint View Post
                  Yeah I've tampered with the odometer plenty of times, it is definitely possible. I can't really explain how to do it, I would have to show you but ur better off going to the JY and picking up one or two of them (u actually don't need the entire cluster just the part with the numbers on it, when u take the cluster apart u will see how to remove that part). Rolling the numbers forward or backward is pretty much the same, it takes a bit of finesse but u can do it. I used a couple of really small slotted screwdrivers and basically u have to separate the numbers with one screwdriver and roll the numbers to where u need them with the other. It may take a minute but it works. I know that doesn't say much but like I said I can't really explain it.
                  ^^^^^ what he said.....

I want to point out something here, NS clusters are different from DENSO, I was able to reverse my DENSO by pulling the reels one at the time....

On the NS. You will have to replace the whole assembly of numbers.
                  My recommendation to the OP is to do that, is only 4 small screws.
                  JDM Parts for sale

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
                    What maintenance thing are you talking about? My 91 LX has the maintenance indicator. I've reset it a few times with my key. Spinning them forward shouldn't be a big deal, it's backwards they frown on.
                    yea i know its not hard to reset, but in order to spin the odo backwards you would have to disable the gear for the indicator
                    Originally posted by scudweiser
                    it will go vrooooooom bauggggghhhh mmmmmmaauuugggg. Still no mmmmmbAAAAAAAUUUHHHHHHH though.
                    Originally posted by deevergote
                    Do you have anything intelligent to offer, or are you just trying to whore up your post count?

Comment

Working...
                    X